$Freeroll NLHE MTT: Bad beat, bad move, bad luck, or does not Poker Star go with my face?

ederato

ederato

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$Freeroll NLHE MTT: Bad beat, bad move, bad luck, or does not Poker Star go with my face?

I was playing the Intelipoker Freeroll, High Scholl level. I get Q-10. It was the button whith 1500 chips. The hand was in 120, my move is call. There were 4 players on the table. On the flop has come Q-10-10, I do full 10-Q already face. I used the check tactic to keep the players from running. The player on my left bet 400, the next player folded. The other player raised the bet to 800. With the chance it was high for me, I gave all in with 1500 chips. It was the first leg to play in the tournament. Immediately the player to my left of the fold, and the remaining one paid the all in. Showdown time. I with Q-10, Full House 10-Q, flop Q-10-10 and the opponent with A-A. Two Pairs. Turn: 7, Approximately 80% chance of victory And to finish my expectation I get an A on the river. And on an almost unimaginable turn, I lose my hand, my chips with a Full House of A-10, against my Full of 10-Q. Is it too bad luck or does poker stars love me that much?

DougPkrMonsta

DougPkrMonsta

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Definitely a bad beat, but I would have just called the 800 on the flop instead of going all-in. Your hand is so good you're better off trying to get them both to go with it and triple you up most of the time.

Besides that you did your job and got your stack in good (with terrible results this time).

Better luck next time! :D

WhereDidMyEVGo

WhereDidMyEVGo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know what it means but I think Poker Star does not go with your face is pretty funny and I'm gonna start saying poker doesn't go with my face when I get unlucky.

J

JRNorris95

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your hand had a 91.75% chance of beating A A after the flop. After the turn card, your odds would have increased to 95.55%. Your opponent only had 2 outs. As strong as those odds may be, if you play a lot of poker then you will eventually lose hands with those odds. You would be losing approximately 1 out of every 10 times you make that bet (odds are taken from the point that you went all-in). What is important is that you make enough profit on the other 9 wins to cover a loss like that (over time).

You made the right decision, there's nothing more that you could of done to avoid losing. Although if I were you, I would of waited until the river to go all in *even though you still would of lost*

P

peeetiee

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hy!
That´s poker! :rolleyes:
U will always remember the bad beats. But very often U will yourself win on the river. But that U will forget.
And by the way- U were beaten by AA. My badest beat was QQ . I do OR 4BB, a few calls. I flop QT7, massive raise, only one call. 1:1 situation, perfect. then river 2, massive raise, call. I´m sure he thinks I´m bluffing. Another 2 on the turn, my full house is complete, I go all in, he shows PP 22. :confused:
And I was busted with AA by lousy 47s getting a straight ready with the last card and so on, and so on. :saint: :mad:
But if U play real cards with a few friends the same things will happen.So don´t blame pokerstars.

So never mind, do it the same way next time and U will win.
Because THAT´s poker.
By

ederato

ederato

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's an expression in Portuguese that means Poker Stars does not like me.

ederato

ederato

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know what it means but I think Poker Star does not go with your face is pretty funny and I'm gonna start saying poker doesn't go with my face when I get unlucky.
It's an expression in Portuguese that means Poker Stars does not like me.

U

ucdengboss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Incredible flop. I would have just called the flop raise to try and get both players to stay in the pot. Certainly looking to triple up. Just a bad beat as you were 90% when the money went in.

My only question is pre. You said 120? Was this raised in front of you. I understand you have the button buy flatting with QT is something I rarely do. I fold this pre flop with a raise and call in front of me.

ederato

ederato

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hy!
That´s poker! :rolleyes:
U will always remember the bad beats. But very often U will yourself win on the river. But that U will forget.
And by the way- U were beaten by AA. My badest beat was QQ . I do OR 4BB, a few calls. I flop QT7, massive raise, only one call. 1:1 situation, perfect. then river 2, massive raise, call. I´m sure he thinks I´m bluffing. Another 2 on the turn, my full house is complete, I go all in, he shows PP 22. :confused:
And I was busted with AA by lousy 47s getting a straight ready with the last card and so on, and so on. :saint: :mad:
But if U play real cards with a few friends the same things will happen.So don´t blame pokerstars.

So never mind, do it the same way next time and U will win.
Because THAT´s poker.
By
Something like that has happened to me. I with AA and the opponent with KK. Flop A-K-J. I gave all in (65,000 chips) and the opponent called (he had more than 100,000). Both with three of kind. Turn came a 7. And on the river came the K. 1 out, almost 99% chance of victory, was going to become chip leader of the tournament, and I lose with a Full House of AK against Four to kind of K. This reminds me of a hand famous of the BSOP Milions that occurred in the city of São Paulo in the final table of the tournament. The worst thing is that I personally know the person who lost with Full House.

J

jabidailsom

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i get a badbeat everyday man.....Just keep going and with 91% rate, it´s just 1 at 10

J

jokr23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say bad luck. I was beaten a few times when having a full house only for a 4 of a kind to beat me which was the worst so far.

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
Bad beat, it happens. Don't waste your energy thinking about this hand, and just look forward to future tournaments.

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bad Beat

The case you cited does not quite fit the concept of Bad Beat. Pre-flop, your chances of winning are 15.4%. It would not be fair to two aces to lose to the marginal Q 10 pair. You caught your chance on the flop, your opponent on the river. As they say, all fifti-fifti.

deform fedot

deform fedot

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So it was a painful blow to you, I would have done the same thing in your place, because on the flop you were a favorite; other players just got lucky.

O

oreleo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's the usual situation don't give up.

pcgnome

pcgnome

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It was just a 2 outer on the river. You'll see that happen to you a lot. No way is that guy ever folding trips. He had 19-1 odds against him catching that ace. Tough break but it happens to everybody at one time or another.

L

Lexgrof024

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Just a bad beat probably. But I wouldn't agree in 1:10 chances for that to happen, i would use a larger scale with no rhytm on the occasions - sometimes never happen at all, and sometimes it happens in rows.. (i am in a quite a bad beat during last few days - against the 1:10 odds). Chin up! :)