antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
pokerstars No-Limit Hold'em, 1 Tournament, 300/600 Blinds 70 Ante (7 handed) -

no info on MP2 , I'm new on the table , the question is should I just call , raise or maybe shove and why ?
I have BU,SB and BB that might want to see flop and maybe a reraise might be right and plus I'll have position if they fold . If I lose the pot I'll have less than 12 blinds , maybe shove to see all the board + I'll have fold equity ??

MP2 (t 44.5BB )
Hero (CO) (t 17BB )
Button (t 23BB )
SB (t 4.5BB )
BB (t 11.4BB )
UTG (t 12BB )
MP1 (t 16BB )

Hero's M: 7.38

Preflop: Hero is CO with Ah, Qc
2 folds, MP2 raises to t 2BB

Total pot: t1.990

T

trent32la

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Snap jam readless. I don't really see any reasoning for calling here unless we're trying to induce a squeeze from one of the smaller stacks behind, AQ isn't a made hand and we'll be in awkward situations when we whiff the flop. If we flat and one of the shorter stacks jams and then the opener comes over the top, we're in a pretty awkward spot as well. KK/AA are the only hands I'd flat call here with.

Off 17bb, very very rarely should we be making a 3bet that is not all in. If you're 3B/folding here to 5bb against the opener, then there isn't really much of a difference between you doing so with 98s/A2s, for example. Also position isn't going to matter much here when we're going to a flop with an SPR of 1.

Conclusion, make the unexploitable, +cEV play here and shove.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Shove 99% of time.
Fold 1% of time.
Call 0% of time.

Only fold if miss-click fold or if you get the unexplained sick feeling that you are on the wrong end of a cooler.

trent32la summed up the reasoning for shoving and not calling quite well in the post above.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Thanks trent32la and joeisi for your answers .

Andrey Smirnov

Andrey Smirnov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Jam is okay
Call isnt bad too, but jam is more preferable.

MsNutHand

MsNutHand

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As the MP2 is the CL in the table I think that a standard raise of 2BBs can come from a larga range of hands incluindo AJ, KQ, KJ and KT and suited connectors so the best move in this case should be the call because as CL he could call any 3-bet which is not a shove and AQ in this type of MTT is not a hand to go all-in! So better call the initial raise and play pos-flop in position.

deucefactory

deucefactory

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
shove that 17bigs in his face

GameTheoryOptional

GameTheoryOptional

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In a freeroll im jamming this every single time. Different story in a big money tournament but in a freeroll easy jam.

16clumsyandshy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For sure going with AQ in a free roll against most anyone. A lot of times players will build big stack off of total luck in freerolls, so I wouldn't worry too much that he's a big stack.