$Freeroll NLHE MTT: AKs utg?

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it was better for you to have made a 3bet. If you had lower cards could make the all in to steal the blinds running a little risk.Ja in that case if you make a tee 3bet probably will have at least one opponent to pay you and if you do not hit the flop you can take the pot by making a cbet

T

trent32la

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer opening 2-2.3x here over shoving as it will yield a higher EV and shoving looks super strong here. If your stack is under 12.5bb I'd open shove.

A

arpipoker1990

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Just ship it that's the good decision:D

guccipix

guccipix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think your friend misunderstands the definition of 3-betting, which is reraising, and since you’re UTG obviously that is not an option.

As far as your decision goes, open shoving is fine. You could shove or raise here really. If you want to get called, raising is the better option, if you want to pick up the blinds, the shove is the better option.

mitchy boi

mitchy boi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer opening 2-2.3x here over shoving as it will yield a higher EV and shoving looks super strong here. If your stack is under 12.5bb I'd open shove.

Glad someone clarified that a 3bet and an opening raise are different lol

Seems pretty standered for a freeroll

J

jrx1908

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm going to limp. Chance to inflate the pot with a valuable hand and / or someone to raise.

A

Ambur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no real reason to sweet the pot, since people is on preflop (freeroll) call happy.

I would limp or go AI preflop for polarizing my opening range OP. But view times when i have strong reason to believe that one of my villains will 3bet on me i would consider standard bet/4bet on preflop in OP.

Mootizit

Mootizit

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Depend on table dynamic.Shoving range should be less than 15 bb for AK +.

E

EZcoast

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
UTG with that stack I'm limping most of the time, hoping to get a raiser maybe someone call his bet and shoving with AK, before the flop, lots of people might hate that play, I love it

A re-raise P/F might get me nervous depending on player,etc