$Freeroll NLHE MTT: AJs 14BB in utg is all in?

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello friends, I have this doubt, I was playing the freeroll CC, I had AJs in UTG, the BB was 800, I had 14BB, did not know whether to go all in, or raise X1 and see the flop, I decided the second, how would you have played in this situation?
GL.

https://www.boomplayer.com/28261122_4062C82726

K

kozong

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you can raise 3-4bb to get better value when the flop is good, but jamming 14bb UTG seems unnecessary to me

R

royalflush122096

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You could have reraised to 3-4x BB! But good job though!

C

cgcook38

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would mostly fold here. You’ve got enough chips to scare off most mediocre hands, but you’re in real danger of getting called and being behind with everyone left to act. That’s the type of hand I’m shoving w if I’m closer to 7-8 BBs. I think an exception might be a very tight table where folks may be folding medium pockets to an open shove.

I don’t think a smaller than shove raise does much good here. Any reraise means you’re likely beat, but the odds will force you to call, so why not open shove instead? A call would leave you OOP after the flop with a mediocre hand.

X

xbursonicx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Min-raising was definitely not the best option there: you had too many short stacks behind who could've easily reshoved, and then you would've been in a tough spot.

So shoving is preferable to min-raising as you'd have much more fold equity. Personally I would've folded as there were too many players behind and AJs isn't an overly strong hand.

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You're 7-handed so AJs is definitely a slam dunk shove with this stack depth (and the stack depths behind you) from UTG. 14bb is just BARELY enough that you could consider minraising and playing from there, but when you see that the guy in the BB has even less than you, I'd just be jamming.

If we minraise and do get jammed on, we can't fold probably, but we don't fare that great against a reshove range. And if we just get called preflop but don't flop well we create fairly awkward situations for ourself.

Shove and don't worry too much about the outcome.

D

Don K3yKon6g

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
With 14BB I still try to raise 2BB to 2.5BB to try to see the flop. If anyone adds up we still have to think about folding. I only enter all in or fold, of this position with less than 10BB

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I like we having Scourrge among us those days. He makes things easier in many marginal spots for many of us.Thank you once again!

I have also a question for those who said to open raise 3x-4x, if someone rejammed on you would you fold? please....

S

Spns777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think in this situation you make right decision. If you try to raise 3-4BB then your opponent will do fold or All-in. For All-in on early position you hand is not dominate.