$Freeroll NLHE MTT: AJo All in was good?

Bricxjo

Bricxjo

Just some happy guy
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Hello Ammje,
I don't see the need to jam it right there, you may have been feeling the pressure of being down to 10.7 BB. When you are at that short of a stack, you tend to not play as you normally would. But had you seen the flop when the Q came, you might have been able to get away from the hand. I think a raise is in order. I may be wrong and I may contradict my own advice when we are at the tables together, but it is all easier with hindsight.

Funny thing is, that while I was writing this, I came up to a very similar situation. I just had AJo and did a small raise. Seemed like a dry flop and got jammed by someone, I folded but someone else didn't. I got away from losing to trips. So your post probably saved me some chips.

Cheers.
Brian

Last edited:
F

formertroll

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello Ammje,
I don't see the need to jam it right there, you may have been feeling the pressure of being down to 10.7 BB. When you are at that short of a stack, you tend to not play as you normally would. But had you seen the flop when the Q came, you might have been able to get away from the hand. I think a raise is in order. I may be wrong and I may contradict my own advice when we are at the tables together, but it is all easier with hindsight.

Funny thing is, that while I was writing this, I came up to a very similar situation. I just had AJo and did a small raise. Seemed like a dry flop and got jammed by someone, I folded but someone else didn't. I got away from losing to trips. So your post probably saved me some chips.

Cheers.
Brian

no matter what the hero raises, the villian will either reraise or jam though. i would have a hard time folding aj in that spot against one random hand.

xbronk

xbronk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it was better to call not connect any of the cards could run hand but all in preflop I condemn but when I have few chips used to be one of my plays but I found with hands on the flop similar to the one you are:eek:

Bricxjo

Bricxjo

Just some happy guy
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
no matter what the hero raises, the villian will either reraise or jam though. i would have a hard time folding aj in that spot against one random hand.
most of the time, yes

X

xbursonicx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd say it was a pretty standard (and correct) play with AJo on the button with a stack about 10BB.

Limp/folding in order to see the flop cheaply in these circumstances isn't a good idea because you have too few chips to spew that way. Also even if a villain has a junky hand he may connect with the flop - too many times I've seen that.

bstyles85

bstyles85

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Standard jam. Don't listen to others saying you should have folded AJ with 10 BB left on the button. You still have 32% equity vs QQ.

lilu80

lilu80

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Of course your push here is correct. We can play here with stack M5 and from CO snap push with 30% range and good is Ax, 22+ K8s+, KTo+, Q9s+, QJo+, JTo+, T8s+, 98s+. With this range we can snap push here. Your AJo to push here is monster and of course good that you play here push and not x2 raise, becouse this is push phaze. You were just unlucky to get better cards but your play is correct.

Max Diver

Max Diver

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need to explain your situation better. How many blinds did you had, it was turbo or normal speed game, were you close to get ITM or far away ? Try to explain a little more so we can tell our opinion.
Cheers and good game...

E

Edvin55555

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freeroll players usually will call it pretty tight, so this jam was very profitable.

A

AlphaBetheGamov

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Freeroll players usually will call it pretty tight, so this jam was very profitable.

So I agree your jam was 100% correct. Does tight opponents mean I should increase my push range and lose players I should decrease my push range or is it the other way around? I have been wondering about that.

E

Edvin55555

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So I agree your jam was 100% correct. Does tight opponents mean I should increase my push range and lose players I should decrease my push range or is it the other way around? I have been wondering about that.

Yes, it's a good idea to adjust push range against particular opponents.

P

Pablo22

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
On the button with 10bb, a shove is not bad there. If you raise 3x and the sb raises allin it puts you ina tough spot to fold, because players will be reraising the button with hands not as strong as AJ or middle and low pocket pairs. If you had 15 bbs you could raise fold but your play wasn't bad.

Bricxjo

Bricxjo

Just some happy guy
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
You need to explain your situation better. How many blinds did you had, it was turbo or normal speed game, were you close to get ITM or far away ? Try to explain a little more so we can tell our opinion.
Cheers and good game...
No, they do not need to explain the situation better. If you click on the link to boomplayer, you will see that this is a Cardschat $100 daily freeroll and that it is at blind level 16 with blinds of 1250/2500. It is normal speed, so level 16 is about 2 hours and 40 minutes in. The stacks are clearly stated throughout. I was able to determine the OP was down to about 10.7 BB.
Cheers,
Brian

Last edited:
Ryan Laplante

Ryan Laplante

CardsChat Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Happily getting in AJo pre in a freeroll, or most buyins, for 10.5bb.

leogetz79

leogetz79

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
im starting to notice that going all in on online playing is very dangerous. i would see the flop before going all in.

M

Maurits92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seems like a super standard shove in that situation. Can go way lighter than AJo. Unlucky he woke up with one of the few hands he can call there.