$Freeroll NLHE MTT: AA x Aggressive villain

R

RocwX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn't say you got lucky. You had the best hand since preflop and only improved. Having said that, I would probably 4-bet preflop to try to get at least one of them to fold and increase my equity.

deyvsonflp

deyvsonflp

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wouldn't say you got lucky. You had the best hand since preflop and only improved. Having said that, I would probably 4-bet preflop to try to get at least one of them to fold and increase my equity.
Exactly, but I had information from him. He was giving shove on several flops. So I set the trap for him.

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
You will lose a lot of pots by limping Aces. Doesn't matter who is at the table, never limp aces. By limping aces you are screaming to everybody that you are fish and even if this trap works, it works only one time.

C

cgcook38

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the move, but I also think my play would have been to bet again on the flop. It worked out well for you, and I'm glad that you based it on your perception of the opponent's play. I doubt I would have gotten more action with the limp re-raise because of the opponent's holding, and you got them to go all in. I just also think the size of the pot pre-flop justifies having them lay down right then and there.

webwiser

webwiser

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA

Default situation, AA loses post flop equity. But it is a lot of equity to drop

webwiser

webwiser

Enthusiast
Silver Level