$Freeroll NLHE MTT: AA turn and river. I suspect, and you?

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
this all in was precipitated, the others players can have soo much others hands who would bet this weak 87h, with this weak hand i wouldn't even call pre flop raise, that tournament is almost impossible to reach to the prize poll ( 1ticket seat) against 3677 players, my opinion nothing personal

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Calling with such a hand from the position of BB is not a sensible tactic. There are two opponents against you. You had a lot of options to lose, but fate chose the most mocking, putting on the flop both villains a flash draw. You were faced with a difficult choice: there are two younger pairs on hand and the uncertainty is ahead and still consider the all-in after the flop premature. After the turn it would be much easier to lose a hand.

V

Veritas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the call preflop is totally fine
we hit 2 pair, so check raising all-in is also fine. we are ahead vs both and they block each others Outs. so a perfect Setup.
the minraise could be such a wide range, also the sb call and we only have to fear KK because we block a lot of K8 K7 77 88 Combos.
we are ahead vs all those flushdraws and even if they hit we can make a full house.
66% Chance to win on the flop.
The runner runner Aces has a chance of 1% or less to hit. unlucky :D

but like Bull said, playing a freerolls with 3500+ People for 1 ticket is a waste of time.

ToNy70929

ToNy70929

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
Dear recerveau, I’ll tell you so, there are a lot of poker games like this. I understand you are unpleasant that it was you who were in the red. But how would you react if you were in my place? During the last week, monsters AA fell to me 15 times and they lost all 15 times !! How they were not beaten, this only happens in science fiction. This is exactly shock! And they write everywhere that AA wins in 80% of cases😂

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very grateful for your advice!
My all-in strategy was very personal. I understand the different views you gave.
The percentage of times both flush calls are minimal. (which was pretty bad):D:D
But I put my hand out to analyze the AA, strangers!

C

Cash2019

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello! I like this line of play, a good check-push. I agree, when we put all in, we should be prepared, for the fact that someone will have a drawflash or a drawstreet, which is about 42 percent to win. In addition, it is necessary to take into account the icm structure, if prizes are nearby, I tend to play more carefully.

jadaminato

jadaminato

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Obviously the odds are minimal, but even 1% will occur from time to time. Sometimes our mind focuses more on these situations and obviates all those that do not happen.

G

Guernica1974

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nothing

nothing suspicious here - even 4 A on the table is likely - i actually seen a straigt flush on the table 😀

would only start thinking if getting 5 A in total!

alienat3d

alienat3d

easy-going alien grinder
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well played, in my opinion actually. Would play myself about the same way.
78s great hand to improve post flop and to not call small raise, especially with another caller in front of you would be a crime! Don't listen any nits who say it's a bad call.

You hitted the board nicely. And here is where I'd donk instead of check-raise, because it's nice made hand now, but it's very vulnerable, there are so many cards we don't want to see coming on turn, so better either take the pot right now or increase it in case someone with King or flush draw would like to call. I'd go with raise 75-100% of pot.
Imagine it would be check-check-check and then you have to check-fold against 2 players on so many turn cards.

Still in this particular hand, you was a big favorite to win and drastically increase your stack. Just lady luck was not on your side this time. But no need to worry at all, the main thing you made the right move and it was +EV decision. Try never to be results oriented.

And answering your question, if it happens a lot to me: I believe too often. I'm not even counting, just closing the table, when I'm out and opening another one. Save your time and nerves, try to forget unlucky spots as soon as possible. Because if you don't, it'll bring you in tilt and you could blow the whole session because of one unlucky hand.

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a freeroll... with nothing at stake players are going to make loose calls like this with flush draws to the nuts.

You did nothing wrong, you simply got unlucky and your hand didn't hold. More often than not you win a huge pot and are very stacked for the next few levels

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Watch and tell me if this happens to you as much as it happens to me.:(

In tournaments stacks get short, so there are a lot of all in situations preflop or on the flop, where equities often run close. This mean, its completely normal and expected, that the best hand does not always win.

In this one you had 68% equity on the flop, so 1 in 3 times you will lose this. That is not exactly the bad beat of the century. You probably focus on the fact, that you lost to runner-runner aces. But why is that important? There are many other ways for one of them to get there, the simplest one being a single spade.

At the end of the day you are tossing a coin here, and 1 in 3 times it will end on the wrong side. And this was even kind of a better case scenario, when it goes 3-ways. If original raiser had AK instead of another flush draw, your equity would only have been 53%, so now you lose nearly half the time.

Last edited: