$Freeroll NLHE MTT: A4o nice play?

es530

es530

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker stars Freeroll No Limit Hold'em Tournament, Blinds: t100/t200, Ante: t40 Conversor de Mãos

9 players
BB: t10,416 ( M:15.78 )
UTG: t9,758 ( M:14.78 )
UTG+1: t5,058 ( M:7.66 )
UTG+2: t10,134 ( M:15.35 )
MP: t13,540 ( M:20.52 )
Hero: t4,600 ( M:6.97 )
CO: t1,180 ( M:1.79 )
BTN: t5,915 ( M:8.96 )
SB: t11,743 ( M:17.79 )

Hero is MP+1 with A
clubs.gif
, 4
spades.gif

Preflop: ( t660 )
1 fold, UTG+1 calls t200, 1 fold, MP raises to t400, Hero raises to t1,590, 3 folds, BB calls t1,390, 1 fold, MP calls t1,190

Flop: ( t5,430 ) K
clubs.gif
, 8
clubs.gif
, 3
spades.gif
(3 players)
BB checks, MP checks, Hero checks

Turn: ( t5,430 ) 7
diamonds.gif
(3 players)
BB checks, MP checks, Hero bets t800, 1 fold, MP calls t800

River: ( t7,030 ) 2
clubs.gif
(2 players)
MP checks, Hero bets t2,170, 1 fold

Well, I'll clarify a few things about is hand .In UTG + 1 was a loose player who liked limp. Already the player in MP1 acado had to sit at the table and is now making a mini increase; Cut-off was absent; button was pressed BB also the only one I was preocupado with SB he was called at all, but only followed on hand if something hit him . I decided to make 3bet but if someone is pushed all-in I give up. I explained this to prevent those who will opninar, do not tell A4 Fold and wait for a better hand .pre flop I explained to understand the line to follow, I wonder if anyone understood my line of thinking in the rest of the streets flop, turn and river?

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold preflop, a min-raise preflop looks extremely strong hands at micro-stakes, also you have terrible bet sizes , after your 3bet you will be pot committed and you have to play only fit or fold with your size stack.

PershingSt

PershingSt

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your trying to hard , and making micros more complicated than it needs to be . Just fold pre and wait for better opportunities . There is no need to make plays like this vs this level .

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At freerolls, weird things really happen.

Youre so lucky you made MP folds on the river.

DonV73

DonV73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I still wouldn't have bet on the turn.You have nothing against multiple players.
Also on the river, after MP calls your turn bet, you bet again. I know he checked the river, but he could very have well have a weak King and would have called you with that.

MasterOfDisaster

MasterOfDisaster

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everything in this hand is weird imo, but first look at your own stacksize its about 20BB which makes your plays more limited.

But about the play pre,I agree limp from UTG and only a MR by bigstack are both weak plays . Still with your stack like said options are limited. Try also to think ahead while 3betting cause it seemed you didnt really have a plan.

It worked out this time, but I prolly just would have fold here.

Edit I agree with Horizon except the MR part that it looks strong.

Last edited:
Dangerboy

Dangerboy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion, unnecessary gamble 20BB stack sizes. Hero raises to t1,590, the Russians used to do that and do not always come in. The loss of these games in the long run, but your game is not mine ;)

therealslomo

therealslomo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the play tbh, just not at the chip stack you have. This would be a very good play I think around the 45-50bb mark.

MasterOfDisaster

MasterOfDisaster

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the play tbh, just not at the chip stack you have. This would be a very good play I think around the 45-50bb mark.

pre could raise smaller, post could bet bigger. I do like the play with 50bb as well, but hate his sizings :D

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
FPS for sure here :)

pre flop seems like a decent line of thinking. but you don't really have the stack size to make this move and be able to comfortably fold 1/3 of your stack. Since this is a free roll they will likely call your raise a ton and you will be in post flop situations with a very small SPR and you are stuck hoping that neither of them hit the flop, or hoping that you hit the flop and you're ahead.

So while it seems like a good spot to make this move, playing these games isn't about making big plays, it's about extracting value from your good hands and letting other players make mistakes, thin value betting more and making bluffs less often.

But overall not a bad spot pre flop, just not something i would make a habit of.

postflop, the check on the flop seems weird, you are just letting them see and realise their equity for no reason, so just bet and hope they fold, but that is the big problem with this play, you have pretty much no fold equity imo pre flop, so you are going post flop and you have pretty much no info.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
so yeah, while you say don't comment on the pre flop play, it's the most important decision we face here, once we get post flop we're either committing ourselves with a bet/shove or open shove type line, or we're giving up. so really i think it's the ONLY important decision here.

I think if you have a read here and you wanna make that move you should make a jam pre flop, and maximise your folding equity. And if one calls you, you still have ace high which is likely to be ahead a decent amount in free rolls.