$Freeroll NLHE MTT: 88 in BTN, CO raise 2x: how to play?

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
BB, SB, BTN (hero) and CO = about 27-30BB

CO = raise many times pre flop

SB posts 0.5 BB, BB posts 1 BB

Pre Flop (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 88

UTG fold, UTG +1 fold, MP fold, MP+1 fold, MP+2 fold, CO raises to 2 BB, Hero reraises 6BB, SB calls 5.5BB, BB fold, CO fold

Flop Q 2 3 rainbow
SB all in

The right thing to do is fold?

Pre flop the right is only call?

If pre flop I just call, I will play only for set value (in the same way as if I had a pair of 4 or 3...), then the SB lead flop bet and probably I have to fold, I would not be too passive and exploitable?

PS: I raised pre flop counting on the fold of the SB and BB, but my bad luck one of them called.

T

trent32la

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
3bet pre here is good vs a CO open on the button. We take control of the hand and it's an easy fold if someone 4bet shoves.

Flop is gross. I don't think our opponent rips 22/33 here and he'll 4bet shove QQ+ pre.

That leaves villain's range at something like KQ/AQ/44/55/66/77/88/99/TT/JJ (though he might fold lower pairs and it's very possible villain defensively shoves Qx here)

I think the correct play here is to fold and call it off 22/33/AQ/KQ/QQ/KK/AA. JJ and TT are much tougher here but I would greatly weight villain's range towards Qx.

E

Edson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In freerolls that kind of bad donkbet could mean bluff or really good hand.
If oponent made that kind of move often... it is probably bluff, but weak players often playing best hand in this way

G

gatogl888

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold is right... preflop is right to 3bet too, although if just call is well done too... it depend about reading of your opponents

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
fold or shove, but shove is a more profitable in freeroll..

87shorts

87shorts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think trent is right about the ranges. I would also say he most likely has a queen or hes probably bluffing you off the pot. you had showdown value but folding is the right play there I think.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it's not often that people bluff like this, so it's usually for value. He calls from the sb vs a 3bet indicating a pretty strong range, i would think very heavy towarsd Qx and he's just telegraphing to you that he hit. pretty easy fold here.