$Freeroll NLHE MTT: $10-30 NLHE : $ NLHE : 2 hands

omnom8

omnom8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
plz tell your thoughts about these hands ( all streets mb better lines ) :
its not freerolls ( peoples not super donks )

1)

No Limit Holdem Tournament
8 Players
Hand Conversion Powered by WeakTight Poker Hand History Converter
Stacks:
UTG Hero (51,600) 52bb
UTG+1 (100,000) 100bb
MP1 (99,840) 100bb
MP2 (201,900) 202bb
CO (99,340) 99bb
BTN (148,640) 149bb
SB (98,840) 99bb
BB (99,840) 100bbBlinds: 500/1,000 Ante 80
Pre-Flop: (2,641, 8 players) Hero is UTG A 10

Hero raises to 2,500, 5 folds, SB calls 2,000, BB calls 1,500

Flop: 7 9 3 (8,641, 3 players)
SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets 2,686, SB calls 2,686, BB folds
Turn: 3 (14,013, 2)
SB checks, Hero bets 4,458, SB raises to 13,000, Hero calls 8,542
River: 9 (40,013, 2)
SB bets 26,000, 26000 to Hero 33414

2)

7 Players
Stacks:
UTG (140,586) 141bb
UTG+1 (96,410) 96bb
MP Hero (37,204) 37bb
CO (82,940) 83bb
BTN (95,910) 96bb
SB (196,690) 197bb
BB (148,210) 148bbBlinds: 500/1,000 Ante 90
Pre-Flop: (2,631, 7 players) Hero is MP 9 7

2 folds, Hero raises to 2,500, 2 folds, SB calls 2,000, 1 fold

Flop: 2 K 4 (7,131, 2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets 3,646, SB calls 3,646
Turn: 7 (14,423, 2)
SB checks, Hero checks
River: 8 (14,423, 2)
SB checks, Hero bets 4,594, SB goes all-in 190,454, 26464 to Hero 26464

omnom8

omnom8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1. what he rereise on the turn ?

2. is it enough value to make a bet to 4x 2x + fold equity from 7x and to make draws shove bluff ? what hands he can play ? just 56 ? all two pairs he will bet river after check check turn. set he will bet river. he cant shove just Kx. what hands he can have ?

ps: this pre no matter plz. i know im super lag donk.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First hand: ATo is the bottom of my raising range at 50bb UTG. so it's ok to open. it's also OK to fold if you feel you're at a tough table etc. That being said if I raise i would only raise 2,100 to 2,300. that's nit picky yes. but pots grow exponentially.

FLOP: As played.....I'm indifferent to Cbetting here but I think I lean towards a check back. it's close. Those middling cards smack their ranges.....and also we might even be ahead w A high. (if we are ahead w A high we only succeed in charging draws and making worse hands fold once we bet). If I had been Cbetting a lot lately, I might check this one back on balance...and vice versa. It's close so I doubt it matters much. We also have 2 backdoor straightdraws...but they are both low equity since they will result in 4 to a straight boards making it hard to get paid, but still that's a small amount of additional equity and it sucks to get check raised off of that. So those are my reasons why I just barely lean towards checking back this flop.

if we decide to Cbet I do like your size.

Turn: the SB called us with something. none of his 1 pair hands are scared of this turn card. and it doesn't help us at all. So we can bet it, or check it back. But if we bet it we must understand that it is a PURE BLUFF. Now....TBH I like to fire a lot so I'm probably going to fire this turn card, but I'm gonna bet BIG. like 65-75% of pot. That might not be smart....that's just my instinct. IMO, it's a check back or a big bet. The small bet makes no sense to me as he either had a pair or a draw on the flop and a small bet puts pressure on neither (draws like a cheap price....pairs feel priced in).

once we are raised on the turn....well....we are just bluffing and can easily let it go. Are we trying to draw to a pair of Tens or a pair of Aces that might not even be good? NO!!!!! Just pitch it. That's why checking back this turn has merit. (but again, I would probably bet something like 9-10k on this turn). As it turns out the large turn bet size saves us money. It prevents him from bluffing us as we look strong...and if he raises we can be more sure he has a value hand so we can fold....and it's cheaper than calling a check raise.

RIVER: Once we get to this River with Ace high we should be asking ourselves what the hell happened on flop and turn and then sheepishly fold. :) Also, we should be glad an A or T didn't come because they are rarely good.

omnom8

omnom8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First hand: ATo is the bottom of my raising range at 50bb UTG. so it's ok to open. it's also OK to fold if you feel you're at a tough table etc. That being said if I raise i would only raise 2,100 to 2,300. that's nit picky yes. but pots grow exponentially.

FLOP: As played.....I'm indifferent to Cbetting here but I think I lean towards a check back. it's close. Those middling cards smack their ranges.....and also we might even be ahead w A high. (if we are ahead w A high we only succeed in charging draws and making worse hands fold once we bet). If I had been Cbetting a lot lately, I might check this one back on balance...and vice versa. It's close so I doubt it matters much. We also have 2 backdoor straightdraws...but they are both low equity since they will result in 4 to a straight boards making it hard to get paid, but still that's a small amount of additional equity and it sucks to get check raised off of that. So those are my reasons why I just barely lean towards checking back this flop.

if we decide to Cbet I do like your size.

Turn: the SB called us with something. none of his 1 pair hands are scared of this turn card. and it doesn't help us at all. So we can bet it, or check it back. But if we bet it we must understand that it is a PURE BLUFF. Now....TBH I like to fire a lot so I'm probably going to fire this turn card, but I'm gonna bet BIG. like 65-75% of pot. That might not be smart....that's just my instinct. IMO, it's a check back or a big bet. The small bet makes no sense to me as he either had a pair or a draw on the flop and a small bet puts pressure on neither (draws like a cheap price....pairs feel priced in).

once we are raised on the turn....well....we are just bluffing and can easily let it go. Are we trying to draw to a pair of Tens or a pair of Aces that might not even be good? NO!!!!! Just pitch it. That's why checking back this turn has merit. (but again, I would probably bet something like 9-10k on this turn). As it turns out the large turn bet size saves us money. It prevents him from bluffing us as we look strong...and if he raises we can be more sure he has a value hand so we can fold....and it's cheaper than calling a check raise.

RIVER: Once we get to this River with Ace high we should be asking ourselves what the hell happened on flop and turn and then sheepishly fold. :) Also, we should be glad an A or T didn't come because they are rarely good.

thx for answer missjacki

flop ok but turn i bet small because nothing changes and he will call big bet with any card that he can call flop. he will only fold some flat cards but i think he will fold it to small bet too. so i bet small just to make river pot good for jam. T or A on river it is check fold for me i dont w8ing tham.

i can imaging only 9x or pocket pairs rereise and jam. but many of them he will 3bet pre. 3 will not jam river mb check call or bet fold?!. but there a lot of bluffs. i even dont block diamonds. if i call turn i must call this river i think. if i dont want to call big river it is insta fold turn. because on river nothing changes?

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it's true that nothing (usually) changes on river regarding relative hand values...and yet we have 1 more data point: HE BET AGAIN.

so something actually has changed.

plenty of players can barrel off when draws miss. but plenty of players can't.

but all the VALUE hands that raised turn will for sure fire again when draws miss.

another bet is another data point. that doesn't mean always fold. but you have to factor that into the whole story.

you called his check raise on the turn.

now you need to go one level deeper and instead of simply ranging your opponent.....range yourself from your opponent's eyes.

what is he expecting you to have now? and yet he bets again....

omnom8

omnom8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it's true that nothing (usually) changes on river regarding relative hand values...and yet we have 1 more data point: HE BET AGAIN.

so something actually has changed.

plenty of players can barrel off when draws miss. but plenty of players can't.

but all the VALUE hands that raised turn will for sure fire again when draws miss.

another bet is another data point. that doesn't mean always fold. but you have to factor that into the whole story.

you called his check raise on the turn.

now you need to go one level deeper and instead of simply ranging your opponent.....range yourself from your opponent's eyes.

what is he expecting you to have now? and yet he bets again....

my range in oponent eyes somethink like QJ+ KJ+ AT+ 55+ or a tighter so i miss the board much more and if he had diamonds he blocks my flushdraw but if he dont it will be +% to do this. i dont like my line this board. but i like his line even with any two on this board to UTG reise range. AA folds here on river.

omnom8

omnom8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what you think about second hand it is much more interesting i think.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
my range in oponent eyes somethink like QJ+ KJ+ AT+ 55+ or a tighter so i miss the board much more and if he had diamonds he blocks my flushdraw but if he dont it will be +% to do this. i dont like my line this board. but i like his line even with any two on this board to UTG reise range. AA folds here on river.

this might be his preflop range for you....but as you approach the river....his ranging of you will narrow and narrow....same as you do for them.

once he check raises turn.....do you think he actually believes you called that check raise with QJ? The checkraise is an inflection point where it sharply reduces the ranges of both players. start eliminating hands from your range (in villain's eyes) and you will see that he can beat Ace high. My instincts are that he has a boat every time and he thinks you have pocket pairs that don't hit the board.

if you're lucky you chop.

I'd say you chop 1/8 times and lose the rest. again...based on instinct of having been in these spots a lot. Very good, balanced players will be balanced here. That's not who I usually play against in the micros.

omnom8

omnom8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this might be his preflop range for you....but as you approach the river....his ranging of you will narrow and narrow....same as you do for them.

once he check raises turn.....do you think he actually believes you called that check raise with QJ? The checkraise is an inflection point where it sharply reduces the ranges of both players. start eliminating hands from your range (in villain's eyes) and you will see that he can beat Ace high. My instincts are that he has a boat every time and he thinks you have pocket pairs that don't hit the board.

if you're lucky you chop.

I'd say you chop 1/8 times and lose the rest. again...based on instinct of having been in these spots a lot. Very good, balanced players will be balanced here. That's not who I usually play against in the micros.

yes pre. your are right just chop for call. mb 2\8 ( 1 chop 1 win ) but it is not enough also . thx a lot for you responsiveness.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
2)

7 Players
Stacks:
UTG (140,586) 141bb
UTG+1 (96,410) 96bb
MP Hero (37,204) 37bb
CO (82,940) 83bb
BTN (95,910) 96bb
SB (196,690) 197bb
BB (148,210) 148bbBlinds: 500/1,000 Ante 90
Pre-Flop: (2,631, 7 players) Hero is MP 9 7

2 folds, Hero raises to 2,500, 2 folds, SB calls 2,000, 1 fold

Flop: 2 K 4 (7,131, 2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets 3,646, SB calls 3,646
Turn: 7 (14,423, 2)
SB checks, Hero checks
River: 8 (14,423, 2)
SB checks, Hero bets 4,594, SB goes all-in 190,454, 26464 to Hero 26464

what you think about second hand it is much more interesting i think.

Preflop: 97o is a fold from MP at 37bb. it's actually a fold from basically all stack sizes and all positions except BB defends and deep stacked (50bb+) button opens. I don't mean this condescendingly. I love to see flops too...and I too, had to learn all this patience $hit the hard way! :) but yeah...you should NOT VPIP at this stack in this spot. on the button I won't kill you even though it's loose. from every other position.....sorry...I just killed you. lol

once again though....IF you elect to raise... I would raise a touch smaller. this seems nit picky but as pots grow exponentially by the river this can be the difference in you keeping 8-12bb back after a bad river or not. Also....the smaller you raise the wider it keeps their defend ranges and so if you want to have hands like 97o in there.....then you want them defending WIDE. so if you're raising bigger they're gonna defend with stronger hands and you're gonna be crushed more....and for more money.....anyways....

FLOP: as played....yeah this is a good board to CBet. I like a bet. I don't love your size though. I would bet about 28-35% of pot. let's call it 2,000. is he ever gonna fold a K to any bet size? no. how about a flush draw? unlikely. so we don't worry about those. We are only trying to fold out those hands that are better than ours (that's most of them) or have lots of equity against us (that's the rest of them) that didn't hit the board. a small bet will do this. if gutshots are in there (like 56, A3, 36s) then that's fine let them call we are often ahead and when we are not we can shake them by the river....or they make their hand then yay for them. all the flush draws will call but that's not a problem because once again we can shake them by the river if they brick. and if they have a K, well, then we just lose much less vs Kings with a smaller bet.

TURN: that's a great turn check. We now have showdown value. we are now beating almost all draws and random floats. and yet, if we decide to bet it's hard to get called by worse hands. GREAT CHECK! :)

RIVER: uhm is this a value bet or a bluff? it looks like thin value to me so that's what I will call it. but....we should be SOOOO happy to check this back. what are we hoping to get called by when we value bet this river? exactly 4x and 55-66? That's pretty thin. Ace high sometimes? But then again.....how many ace highs are left in his range that he didn't 3bet preflop? There are some for sure.....but not a ton. you can thin value bet this river but only vs certain kinds of opponents who you KNOW don't bluff raise rivers AND who hero call too light. these people do exist. they are rampant in live poker. if you have identified your villain this way then it's a good bet. but without that read then you just check this back.

anyways....once you go for thin value and get raised....it's just a fold. keep it simple.

omnom8

omnom8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop: 97o is a fold from MP at 37bb. it's actually a fold from basically all stack sizes and all positions except BB defends and deep stacked (50bb+) button opens. I don't mean this condescendingly. I love to see flops too...and I too, had to learn all this patience $hit the hard way! :) but yeah...you should NOT VPIP at this stack in this spot. on the button I won't kill you even though it's loose. from every other position.....sorry...I just killed you. lol

once again though....IF you elect to raise... I would raise a touch smaller. this seems nit picky but as pots grow exponentially by the river this can be the difference in you keeping 8-12bb back after a bad river or not. Also....the smaller you raise the wider it keeps their defend ranges and so if you want to have hands like 97o in there.....then you want them defending WIDE. so if you're raising bigger they're gonna defend with stronger hands and you're gonna be crushed more....and for more money.....anyways....

FLOP: as played....yeah this is a good board to CBet. I like a bet. I don't love your size though. I would bet about 28-35% of pot. let's call it 2,000. is he ever gonna fold a K to any bet size? no. how about a flush draw? unlikely. so we don't worry about those. We are only trying to fold out those hands that are better than ours (that's most of them) or have lots of equity against us (that's the rest of them) that didn't hit the board. a small bet will do this. if gutshots are in there (like 56, A3, 36s) then that's fine let them call we are often ahead and when we are not we can shake them by the river....or they make their hand then yay for them. all the flush draws will call but that's not a problem because once again we can shake them by the river if they brick. and if they have a K, well, then we just lose much less vs Kings with a smaller bet.

TURN: that's a great turn check. We now have showdown value. we are now beating almost all draws and random floats. and yet, if we decide to bet it's hard to get called by worse hands. GREAT CHECK! :)

RIVER: uhm is this a value bet or a bluff? it looks like thin value to me so that's what I will call it. but....we should be SOOOO happy to check this back. what are we hoping to get called by when we value bet this river? exactly 4x and 55-66? That's pretty thin. Ace high sometimes? But then again.....how many ace highs are left in his range that he didn't 3bet preflop? There are some for sure.....but not a ton. you can thin value bet this river but only vs certain kinds of opponents who you KNOW don't bluff raise rivers AND who hero call too light. these people do exist. they are rampant in live poker. if you have identified your villain this way then it's a good bet. but without that read then you just check this back.

anyways....once you go for thin value and get raised....it's just a fold. keep it simple.

i can play this hand when i miss several circles in a row.

i agree with you but i dont understand his line and what hand he can have except 56.

anyway thx. just must keep simple.

Flight777sem

Flight777sem

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn’t bet with A-10 on that flop and also wouldn’t go in with 9-7 in the first place and fold preflop.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands