Is this fold proper or am I sacrificing to much equity?

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
While Im at it here's 3 more hands from this tourney I took notes on that I would like insight into. I am still alive in it with a little over average stack.

#2 You let him get there but how should you stop this?
http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-hands/Boom/29991706_11AD1CA33E

#3 Can place him on an over pair but how to know if TT or QQ or better?
http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-hands/Boom/29992033_8E46266E4E

#4 Misplaced check, Should have 3bet pre flop?
http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-hands/Boom/29992189_A79A1ACCF5

#5 Got it through but w/o being results oriented, did you play correctly?
http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-hands/Boom/29992448_0771AFEC5F

Last edited:
hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
While Im at it here's 3 more hands from this tourney I took notes on that I would like insight into. I am still alive in it with a little over average stack.

#2 You let him get there but how should you stop this?
http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-hands/Boom/29991706_11AD1CA33E

#3 Can place him on an over pair but how to know if TT or QQ or better?
http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-hands/Boom/29992033_8E46266E4E

#4 Misplaced check, Should have 3bet pre flop?
http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-hands/Boom/29992189_A79A1ACCF5

#5 Got it through but w/o being results oriented, did you play correctly?
http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-hands/Boom/29992448_0771AFEC5F
2 and 4 need to bet the flop you win most of the time,
Hand 3 plays itself shortstack could have anything 1010 or AK.
Top 3 pairs a lot of the time too.:eek:
Nice bluff 5 if you are going to play ask opponent question is a must.:top:
Exit was brutal bad luck but would bet bigger preflop as two blinds are getting too good a price to call and will hit those 522 raggy boards more than AK.

Most of these hands out of position I would fold preflop save difficult decisions further in the hand especially squeeze plays forcing you to fold leak chips and maybe play them on blinds when priced in.
Interesting booms would like to see other peoples opinions lot could be added.
Hindsight makes it easy heat of moment different good luck:)

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
2 and 4 need to bet the flop you win most of the time,
Hand 3 plays itself shortstack could have anything 1010 or AK.
Top 3 pairs a lot of the time too.:eek:
Nice bluff 5 if you are going to play ask opponent question is a must.:top:
Exit was brutal bad luck but would bet bigger preflop as two blinds are getting too good a price to call and will hit those 522 raggy boards more than AK.

Most of these hands out of position I would fold preflop save difficult decisions further in the hand especially squeeze plays forcing you to fold leak chips and maybe play them on blinds when priced in.
Interesting booms would like to see other peoples opinions lot could be added.
Hindsight makes it easy heat of moment different good luck:)

Thank you so much for adding how you view the plays.

So hard to make anything out of the small blind by betting but way better than losing to an Ace on the turn! I am glad you found them interesting as some tricky spots popped up as well. As you point out once again position is key, as it is so difficult to play out of position. I too am interested how others would see it. Especially if they can see it from a viewpoint of not being results oriented. I know its a lot to ask because the result is at least half of the reason I felt compelled to post them. Cheers!

O

oreleo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1 it's ok
2 fold preflop better and fold river
3 and 4 I think it's ok too
5 fold flop coz you have behind one more villain

Ryan Laplante

Ryan Laplante

CardsChat Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ryan Laplante

Ryan Laplante

CardsChat Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
2: Pre is ok, could fold.

Flop is good, turn you need to bet around 50-60% pot. River is a fold.

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1 it's ok

1. its ok? Where is the OK? Preflop fold better than call.
2. Lol... All was played perfect by hero before the River. On the river you must fold, or raise - no more options.
3. Opponent have 23 bb and he is 3betting for 1/3 of his stack.... Its very easy fold to 3bet preflop.
4. Where sqeeze? No sqeeze, ok, lets donk flop. Where donk?
5. + But its like a 1st hand with missed preflop "fold".

Conclusion:
Preflop - ok.
Posflop - not ok xD

T

tmfnsanders

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am playing in this tourney now and we are on break.

Is this fold proper I wonder after investing 40k into this flop?

The all in raiser has a VPIP of 23 and PFR of 12 with AFQ of 9.

Check out this hand I just played on @PokerStars in tournament "$5.50 Mini Daily Marathon, $25K Gtd" https://www.boomplayer.com/29991609_FF37D24E12
#BOOMPlayer

Couple of important questions to consider here.
1. How easy is stealing/restealing at your table? Are you able to chip up a bunch without seeing flops or with standard flop cbets? If so I think this is a clear 3bet to 26kish the very first time it's our turn to act, then fold if it gets 4bet.
2. How confidant are you in your 35-40bb stack playing ability? If you think you can play this stack size well, as soon as player 4 calls the 40k- I think I just pile everything in the middle preflop. If they both fold we add an extra 25% to our stack uncontested, if one or both call we might need a little help but if we get there we have heaps of chips.
3. When you play preflop as you played it what kind of flop were you hoping to see if you're going to fold a flop with all undercards and 2 clubs? I would just pile the chips in the middle the first time action was on me postflop- most likely they'll both fold, if not we have equity vs anything they call with.

I think this hand was played entirely way too passive every time the action was on us. Stack preservation is very important and you start the hand with a great stack so I would also be ok with just open-folding but if you're wanting to play these pretty hands you've got to play them aggressively and try to maximize your fold equity to balance off the times you miss.

K

krezip

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1 it's ok
1 you could potentially reraise pre after the first raiser or fold after the button reraises - on the flop yes you fold - the button still has to act
2 i agree - fold this hand pre - on the river obv fold when BB bets into two people
3 why did your preflop size become different? i would get suspicious on the reraise because of stack sizes, but nothing you could do differently in my opinion
4 3bet pre is an option against cutoff to isolate - you have a strong hand - what is your 3bet range? donking the flop is also possible. no need to donk the river - there's nothing that gives you value
5 why are you calling this pre with these stack sizes and players to act? it seems you're playing a lot of pots in the early positions for no particular reason.
On the flop I hope you had a clear plan to bluff the turn or river when a heart would drop, but still it seems like a losing play to me with one player more to act.

T

tmfnsanders

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
#2- I like it as played, really like the delayed cbet for pot control
#3- Just 4bet it all in preflop, unlucky this time
#4- Only thing I would do different is bet out on the flop, 3betting pre would have to be big and probably not fold out both so you would just have an easily dominated hand postflop in a bloated pot
#5- Good job getting it through but I would try to pick better spots, I like 3betting preflop much more than trying to make a move here. I try to have a good amount of equity for in case they call you. What was your plan if called here? Give up, shove any river card, shove specific river cards? Also just a quick note- you bet way more when bluffing here than you bet in any of the previous hands where you were betting 1/4-1/2 pot. If I can see this in just watching 5 hands its also probably very noticable to any of your opponents who are paying close attention so be careful with that.

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A good amount of responses. Thanks all. I will go over each with a fine tooth comb later. Its great to have so many viewpoints as some of these were really tricky spots. I welcome more insight if anyone cares to comment. Thanks.

Folding in Poker