PokerNuts01

PokerNuts01

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Big 7,50$ pokerstars
9 players in the table, everyone is very deep (80BBs +). Hand: I was in D position with AJo. UTG+1 and UTG+3 player limped and I raised to 4,5 BBs. Got a call from small blind, Open limper and the limper behind.
Flop comes A,A,T (rainbow).
Everybody checks, I bet half pot. Small Blind folds, open limper just calls and the limper behind folds.Heads-up.
The turn comes 5d. The open limper just goes all-in quickly.. Call or fold? Donking for the entire stack? Why not let me bet the turn and then go all-in?
Im fold but hmmmm...:mad:

N

Newqy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seems like he had 10's or a bluff either way think u made a good fold

PokerNuts01

PokerNuts01

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think his range is A5s, 55.. or bluf.. but for the next 20 hands he played very tight.

E

Edson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think A5 or 55 are probably. TT he would bet not limp.

But come on. A5 or 55 is monster here. If he play it like this... he is dumb :p

PKPurple

PKPurple

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you raise preflop from utg + 1 your opponent gives a fairly strong range of AA, KK, QQ, AK or AQ

You might not want to give up a premium hand like KK or QQ

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I put him more in a TT hand than A5 or 55 and he wanted to set mine. And it's the only reasonable hand to call against a 3bet. He called checked the flop with the nuts and he went all in in order to disguised a smaller pair or a Tx hand due to two Aces on the flop.So he wanted to take action from an Ax hand like yours. I did this deduction because you said that the next 20 hands was playing quiet solid! So I suppose he did't just clicking buttons at random.

Ofc easier said than done buddy , I don't know if I were you what I would do.Congrats for your fold either way man.

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't know you guys are talking about this as an easy fold??? Not me, it will be hard for me to fold. I would need to have info on villain. Just me against an unknown?? His donk on the turn would have me wondering but I am continuing. I believe that there are some hands that I am just going to lose

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
if he would of been patient, he would of most likely got some of your chips with a check call on turn and got it in on the river for possibly all of em. he was afraid of you pairing the board again for a better full house, so he decided to charge you to see the river. But if he put you on Ax or AA, prolly good fold

mcgregor_415

mcgregor_415

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The logic is that he is on 55 or A5, more the first one, but it's really strange if you were the aggressor and he hits the 5, why he would go all in instead of making a logical slow play with pretty much the stongest hand. My opinion is that he connected something with ten, maybe KT, QT, JT. If he plays it check/raise on the turn, then obviously he is with 5 or T.

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think 55 folded on the flop, its not SNG 0,25$. So, if bank was small - nice fold.

PokerNuts01

PokerNuts01

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think 55 folded on the flop, its not SNG 0,25$. So, if bank was small - nice fold.
If he not put me on Ax maybe think 55 good card and pay to see turn .. maybe only bluf but Im not ready to pay and risk tournament life (60+bb left):(

P

plyto777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This rate is similar to a bluff but at the same time there may be a nuts)to decide to need information on your opponent!

PokerNuts01

PokerNuts01

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This rate is similar to a bluff but at the same time there may be a nuts)to decide to need information on your opponent!
Preliminary information I did not have, but later he played a very tight .. not lost anything for 20+ hand.. I think that is good fold but I will never know.

Lerts

Lerts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldve put him on the nuts on the flop. Considering your AJ i would say you were behind, His all in on the turn was clearly to disguised his hand strength. His range could have be AT, AQ, AK, TT, and i would lean heavily towards AT or TT. So in my opinion you were behind. Base on the preflop play he couldve been set mining which would place him on the Tens full of aces. Rarely doubt it was a bluff, considering you also said he tighten up after that

P

plyto777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preliminary information I did not have, but later he played a very tight .. not lost anything for 20+ hand.. I think that is good fold but I will never know.

in this case it is necessary to reset all true.

N

nacosta01

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Tough spot, I understand your fold 100% and give you some props for being able to lay it down. Me personally, I am making that call. Soooooo many players limp/call a raise with Ax suited . This seems like a bluff or flopped trips and AT BEST turning a flush draw. Your BTN image also comes into play. I never get credit for a hand from the BTN SB or BB. If I played AJ, and got the flop I wanted, I'm not shutting down. But this is the great part about poker. There's no 100% correct answer.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If the opponent is playing tightly, I think he had AT or TT. The fact that the turn came 5 and the opponent went all-in - it does not mean that he even has 5. You did the right thing, that did fold their hands.

As an example (almost the same hand), lay out one of my hands, where I went all-in and lost https://www.pokerstarter.live/repla....jpg&language=en&gameEntity=0&hash=0979773D06
In this hand, I did not play correctly:(

Last edited:
T0mmmi

T0mmmi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you had no history playing him, I would FOLD as he had either 55 or pure bluff. Therefore it as more profitable to FOLD if yu both were very deep and you believe your poker abilities, that you can get you stack back or even get him next time

mbrenneman0

mbrenneman0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
snap call 100% there's only 1 ace left in the deck. the odds he even has it are about 8% and even if he does have it, its likely to be worse than yours.

you cant base your decision on hands we havent seen yet, so the fact that he played super tight after this is totally irrelevant. what do we know about him in this moment? have we seen him open raise? if so we can narrow his range considerably. how often does he open limp? if its a lot, the odds of a small pocket pair decreases.

here's what we do know about him: hes a very bad terrible player. we know this just from this hand. he open limps from UTG, and then he calls AA10 flop and piles when a 5 comes on the turn. he's terribad.

some players do absolutely stupid stuff to protect their medium/weak hands. especially if they're bad players. if he did turn a full house, dont you think he would trap you? most likely yes, bad players usually have fps (fancy play syndrome) too. i put him on a pair of tens or a pair of fives and hes afraid of another diamond on the river.

he only needs to have 55 or 1010 orA5 or A10+ less than 60% of the time to make this a profitable call. theres only 20 combos of hands that really beat you. and we can weight his range away from pocket 10s and A10+ because he probably would have raised pre with those hands and raised the flop. if he has the full house here, its probably a cooler imo. id say he has 10x almost 50% of the time

PokerNuts01

PokerNuts01

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
snap call 100% there's only 1 ace left in the deck. the odds he even has it are about 8% and even if he does have it, its likely to be worse than yours.

you cant base your decision on hands we havent seen yet, so the fact that he played super tight after this is totally irrelevant. what do we know about him in this moment? have we seen him open raise? if so we can narrow his range considerably. how often does he open limp? if its a lot, the odds of a small pocket pair decreases.

here's what we do know about him: hes a very bad terrible player. we know this just from this hand. he open limps from UTG, and then he calls AA10 flop and piles when a 5 comes on the turn. he's terribad.

some players do absolutely stupid stuff to protect their medium/weak hands. especially if they're bad players. if he did turn a full house, dont you think he would trap you? most likely yes, bad players usually have fps (fancy play syndrome) too. i put him on a pair of tens or a pair of fives and hes afraid of another diamond on the river.

he only needs to have 55 or 1010 orA5 or A10+ less than 60% of the time to make this a profitable call. theres only 20 combos of hands that really beat you. and we can weight his range away from pocket 10s and A10+ because he probably would have raised pre with those hands and raised the flop. if he has the full house here, its probably a cooler imo. id say he has 10x almost 50% of the time
Thanks to a deep analysis m8. I'd thought the same thing but his not a short stack. My tournament life was dependent on this decision, big overbett showe:(

S

stokedog4

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't mind the fold with 60bb's behind. Deep stack, no reason to be guessing whether you are ahead or behind... good fold either way!

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Me personally I wouldn't fold however folding the hand is the right decision considering the deep stack. I usually find myself into situations like that and end up busting because I feel how could opponent be so lucky and me bad luck.

Folding in Poker