That`s the situation:

I was in UTG, QcJc

Blinds: $400/200 + ante

I just called.

Five players in the game.

Flop: Kc 3s Js

Everybody just checked.

Turn: Ac

SB, BB, and me just checked. the other player raise to $1200, so the guy in the button (very offensive) All in.

SB fold
BB fold

I had $5.5k
the other player 20k
and the button 9.5k

There were about 200 players playing the tournament yet...

What would u do in that case???

I will tell u the river later.

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi There

I would fold and wait for a better hand

Rgds

X

xy23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would fold here. If a guy raises and another guy shoves on top, one of them or both of them has their hand made already. It's improbable any of them has AK or Aces since you probably would've heard about it pre-flop. Even though you have blockers, there's hands like QT, A3s, trips, that all could've limped along preflop.

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I guess I am the only idiot who calls. With just 5.5k in chips and 200 players to go, I would likely take a chance to build my stack. If I hit any club or ten and triple up I am in good shape. I understand that other player likely has a made hand that is protecting against the flush.

If I were protecting a bigger stack that could get crippled, it would be a different story and I would fold. You have to take chances and put yourself in a position to win. Just my humble 2 cents.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You're not the only idiot. I can't see getting away from this hand. Sometimes you just have to go with your gut. The odds are pretty good and I've seen MANY MUCH WORSE calls. The flush draw is definitely good, The straight draw is probably good. The set draw may be good as well. Plus you're getting short so risky, bolder moves are the name of the game.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would never be in the spot, because I dont limp into the pot preflop. QJs is certainly good enough to play in this spot, but you should put in a standard raise preflop, not just limp and invite this kind of family pot. This is important, because if you dont limp, you dont see this situation, so you are asking about something, that would never happen, if you played preflop better.

Anyways here we are, and if I was somehow in this spot, I would not love it, but I would call it off. You have 11 perfectly clean outs to the nuts, and in top of that 3c, a J or a Q might give you the best hand also. I dont expect someone to have a set here almost ever, so in a sense even 3c is also and out to the nuts. You are only in really bad shape, if someone has exactly QT and turned a straight, which is of course possible, but you do at least block that hand.

There is also some chance, that both these guys are bluffing, or maybe BTN is bluffing, and CO has a hand like top pair weak kicker. In that case you can actually perform, what is called a calling bluff against CO and get him off the best hand, while you get it in way ahead against BTN. Like CO has A5 offsuit, and BTN has Tc9c and picked up a combo draw on the turn, just like you did.

There is also around 2.4k chips in the pot already, and there is either another 1.2k from CO, if he fold, or you are fighting for a very large 3-way pot, if he come along. So there are just to many things in your favour here to fold, and you are down to less than 20 blinds, and the final table is still far away, so this is a fine time to go strong or go home.

Last edited:
Santiman

Santiman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That is one of my biggest weaknesses .. calling a shove with a nut flush draw. Its almost impossible (for me) to lay down even though its only fallen in my favor like 4ish of 10 times

DizzyDeb717

DizzyDeb717

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I would have made a bet on the flop probably, so things may have been a little different. Based on this though, I wouldn't call all in on a draw with one card to go in a trny unless I really didn't care if I lost. That happens sometimes if I have to go out and the trny's been going on longer than I planned. If I wanted to stay in that trny, I would have folded. It really doesn't matter what the river was. You're still alive :)
Edit: another thing i've noticed is the more outs i have, the less likely i am to hit. on 888 anyway. i see it all the time with other people too. if I flop a flush draw, and turn a straight/flush draw.. i just know it's going to miss. almost every darn time.

Last edited:
Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Hello
Firstly the decision depends on what type of a game it is.
Cash tourney or free roll.

If it's a cash tourney where you will win some decent cash ITM I would fold without a thought.

If it's a free roll I will call instantly.
Or if it's a rebuy tourney in an early stage, still I will call.

I hope you called and a 10c was on the river:):eek:

D

Darth_Moola

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My guess is that someone was slow playing KJ or they had A3o. With that being the case the only way you improve is with the straight/flush, rather than two pair/trips (hopefully I'm thinking right). I can see the merits of both calling and folding. You have not committed too much to the pot so you do not have to call. You can wait for better opportunities. Still, a triple up opportunity with straight/flush draw is compelling. I think I would be wondering how close to the bubble you are. Cashing is really important. If you are far from being ITM, a triple up would be huge.

C

ChicoRSC

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What`s up guys!?

That`s the situation:

I was in UTG, QcJc

Blinds: $400/200 + ante

I just called.

Five players in the game.

Flop: Kc 3s Js

Everybody just checked.

Turn: Ac

SB, BB, and me just checked. the other player raise to $1200, so the guy in the button (very offensive) All in.

SB fold
BB fold

I had $5.5k
the other player 20k
and the button 9.5k

There were about 200 players playing the tournament yet...

What would u do in that case???

I will tell u the river later.

Thanks for sharing ur opnion, guys.

So, I called, the other guy, fold.

the guy in the button: AJ

River: 6h.:mad:

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for sharing ur opnion, guys.

So, I called, the other guy, fold.

the guy in the button: AJ

River: 6h.:mad:

You should have folded the turn, and I am not saying this cause of the outcome.
To be barely profitable (read +EV) you need to have about 40%-45% chance to win, based on your pot odds, and you have around 25% if you are up against AK (which I think is your best case scenario here) cause then every J, T and a club gives you a winning hand.

Fold all day long, and in the future, don't limp pre flop ever with such a small stack. You had 6K to start with and with 200/400 blinds its 15bbs - in the push/fold zone!

Full Flush Poker