Call or all in

5KINGLEO5

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a knockout tournament. I have 19 big blinds on the big blind, what was the best way to play preflop?

Attachments

• Holdem, 165731980  60000 120000.jpg
    Holdem, 165731980 60000 120000.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 49
V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are 2 stacks that cover you - I don't think that you should play at all in such a multi-pot (unless of course you have additional information on the players). In a vacuum, I would just dump!

L

Lina1020

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the best decision is to call, and then you can make decisions after the flop, 6-5 is not a card to go allin with.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in this situation it is better to call and wait to see the flop.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To be honest I would not have called and less jam this hand with 19 BB you can still expect better than playing 65s I would have fold

O

olesyafarion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi! I'm just learning the right game myself and I don't understand a lot of things. But I decided to try to analyze your situation. I tried a mathematical approach. I'm wondering if I did the math right. I calculated using the formulas. Maybe someone more experienced can help me find the error. First, I calculated the equity.
RE = AC / (AC + TP)
AC (Amount to call) ,
TP (Total pot after bet) ,
RE (Required equity) .
RE= 2,5/(2,5+7,5)=0,25, 25%
I didn't quite figure out how to calculate the odds of my hand. So I calculated it in a simplified online poker calculator. But the entire range of cards was involved. We got 22.2 % against three opponents with any cards. This is less than 25%, so you need to fold. Although intuitively I tend to call.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would not be jamming this any time with any stack size because it will be just too often that we will not get everyone to fold. The lower the stack we have the more sense it makes to jam but then the less fold equity we will have and usually face multiple callers and be behind almost always. The question here is to call or to fold. The smaller the stack we have the more we should fold since our implied odds are less and the deeper we are the more we should call and see if we can nail the flop. In my opinion, 19 BBs is deep enough here to call this and see the flop when we are closing the action and getting over 6 to 1 on our money with suited connectors. This hand could flop very well and change our stack dramatically. You have to be careful when you flop something that you dont overvalue it and we might get sucked into a hand doing this but I think calling off another 1.5 BBs here is not a bad play with this much already in the pot, a hand that can flop well, and closing the action.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its never a jam, because in this configuration you just never get all off them to fold, and you are basically always behind to whoever call you. Its pretty close between calling and folding. If its near the bubble or a payjump, I prefer to fold. If its far from the money, I probably call with intention to check-jam the flop, if I flop some kind of draw. Folding cant ever be that bad though.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In this situation, I would just fold . This card is not good for calling.

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
It is not wise to bluff in this situation. You can try to make a call, look at the cards and then make a decision. But it is more logical to discard the cards immediately.

K

kristersb123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think all-in isnt even an option, call or fold, its multi-way pot and u got to call 1.5bb more so I think call is reasonable, u got suited connector hand which can make a good flop.

lovemiscou

lovemiscou

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think a call is the right play here, with all the money in pot already, you are priced in, Don t even think of going all in there with 5 6 suited, not strong enough and specially in a bounty tourny, people call all ins lighter in those.

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I would fold with that hand, not a hand I would gamble with.

1player2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello,

I recommend a call. Anything you are called by if you go all in will most likely have you dominated. Call and take it to the streets.