awkward situation

V

Vid1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
So i open A(spade)J(clubs) for 420 in utg +2 i have little over 5k and bb is 150, player before button goes all-in for 750 or a bit more and then button flats, i was wondering if should just go all-in to force button to fold since i outchip him for a bit but i decidet to call.then flop comes Q,J,6 all spade, i check, he check... turn J(hearth) so decidet to bet around 1/3 of the pot 720 wanting to get called by quinn or spade draw, i am wondering if this is correct since with doing so i open side pot, and then it comes my oponent goes all-in in a blink of an eye and i say to my self shiiiiiiiiiit he has a flush. so i think for a while and i decide to call since i have quiet some outs if he has it and if he dosent i am prob way ahead. Riven comes a blick and my oponent has K 10 of spades and i lose almost my whole stack :(
so i was wondering if i should even but turn since pot is already kinda big and we would start side one.

Spaceman

Spaceman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Having trips and Ace of spades for the nut flush on a suspected made flush. Thats interesting. I get that if you checked and he go all in on the river you would fold. Of course you hit a monster hand and could slow play it, but thats result oriented thinking, I believe, the only question here is if you should fold or call that all in. Your odds are 36,13% vs 63,87%.

Last edited:
es530

es530

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So i open A(spade)J(clubs) for 420 in utg +2 i have little over 5k and bb is 150, player before button goes all-in for 750 or a bit more and then button flats, i was wondering if should just go all-in to force button to fold since i outchip him for a bit but i decidet to call.then flop comes Q,J,6 all spade, i check, he check... turn J(hearth) so decidet to bet around 1/3 of the pot 720 wanting to get called by quinn or spade draw, i am wondering if this is correct since with doing so i open side pot, and then it comes my oponent goes all-in in a blink of an eye and i say to my self shiiiiiiiiiit he has a flush. so i think for a while and i decide to call since i have quiet some outs if he has it and if he dosent i am prob way ahead. Riven comes a blick and my oponent has K 10 of spades and i lose almost my whole stack :(
so i was wondering if i should even but turn since pot is already kinda big and we would start side one.
Hi. I'm just going to say one thing, lack of planning of the hand. When you decide to get into the hand on the preflop, you should know what to do. Example that player with 750 chips that was all-in, he should already be included in your reasoning. you do not know what to do after he went all-in, it already says you're making a terrible mistake. Good luck

G

gabethegimp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly I wouldn't beat yourself up about it - your play wasn't terrible.

No matter what anybody says your call was okay. With the nut flush draw, made set with a perceived 12 outs or 10 if a second nut flush in their hand - could be slightly off, 2 am math - it would've been hard for anybody to fold that.

If anything, you've just learned something. If you in this situation, change gears and hopefully see a free river. If he shoves on you then you know you're most likely beat. If he values you then, if the price is right, your call wouldn't have been terrible there either and you can look him up or get away cheap.

In the end you played okay. Chin up

jfmcd86

jfmcd86

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nothing to be mad about, happens a lot to everyone, but you did have a good hand in hand, Ace high flush draw with 3 of a kind Jack, You had 19 outs after the turn if I'm not mistaken, minus the K10 of spades, that would be 17 outs. but you did play it right, even though you kind of knew that he flopped a flush. You took a risk but didn't work out, doesn't mean you stop there, just keep on raking them chips and own that bad beat.

DuffMcGruff

DuffMcGruff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I’m 4b or folding AJ off with the BB behind. Your flat just gives him a free flop with a relativity wide range.
As played your turn bet is way to small. With suck a dynamic board, villain is going to continue with most of his range. Honestly, I’d advocate a check here. You have strong SDV with your trips and you block the nut flush. If he has a flush draw, he is most likely to bet flop. If you are going to bet turn, make it ~3/4 pot. That will get you more value on such a draw heavy board and more fold equity with your bluffs.

Last edited:
G

Grearix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think your first move was a mistake. Pre flop bet in early position of 2.5BB with AJ off suite is asking for problems...