Can anyone help with hand analysis, that isn't a reg?

LA PokerKush

LA PokerKush

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So, my wife is knowledgeable of the game, generally speaking. I would say more specifically she likes Omaha H/L as a recreational player. She doesn't play anymore at all.
However, since she knows hand rankings and some tricks, she's a fresh prospective when I need it.
So if I have soooo many outs with a an already made hand, and I show her I lost and she says
"Wait, what did he/she win with?"---then I know maybe I'm being hard on myself and should let it go,
on the flipside, If I get caught with my hand in the cookie jar(bluff)---she'll keep it real once there is a realization it wasn't a semibluff, or I triple barrel for no reason.(no meta data on the player)

I think the point I'm making, is there are people that can give you a perspective, regardless of their level of expertise. It's a fresh outlook. I know when you've been in the trenches for hours, anyone is better than noone. Friends, family, neighbors, people here and other forums.
Because then you see other thought process and logic.

This is my first post, I hope it goes here in the general area( please let me know if it should go elsewhere)

Good luck @ the tables!!:five:

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So, my wife is knowledgeable of the game, generally speaking. I would say more specifically she likes Omaha H/L as a recreational player. She doesn't play anymore at all.
However, since she knows hand rankings and some tricks, she's a fresh prospective when I need it.
So if I have soooo many outs with a an already made hand, and I show her I lost and she says
"Wait, what did he/she win with?"---then I know maybe I'm being hard on myself and should let it go,
on the flipside, If I get caught with my hand in the cookie jar(bluff)---she'll keep it real once there is a realization it wasn't a semibluff, or I triple barrel for no reason.(no meta data on the player)

I think the point I'm making, is there are people that can give you a perspective, regardless of their level of expertise. It's a fresh outlook. I know when you've been in the trenches for hours, anyone is better than noone. Friends, family, neighbors, people here and other forums.
Because then you see other thought process and logic.

This is my first post, I hope it goes here in the general area( please let me know if it should go elsewhere)

Good luck @ the tables!!:five:
I know what you mean. My wife is always giving me a fresh perspective that generally goes something like this: "DON'T DO IT!"

ac0e1b9e91a6e847f4fd1148329411eb.png

Do I listen? Not usually. Should I? Probably. But would that be any fun? Probably not. Gotta live life on the edge I guess.

Welcome to CC btw.

LA PokerKush

LA PokerKush

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks Tammy!

Hi! Welcome to the forum!

We do have hand analysis forums, it just depends on whether you are playing cash or tournaments:

Cash Game Hand Analysis

Tournament Hand Analysis

Check out those sections, and be sure to read the sticky threads before posting. :)
Thanks for the response Tammy, should I copy and paste this thread and move it to one of the hand analysis thread you suggest? No sweat either way, and thanks for the welcoming too:rock:

LA PokerKush

LA PokerKush

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Truth

HAHAA!! Awesome response, sir
Thanks for the welcoming, glad to be here!

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Welcome to our little poker fam,,, :cheers: Don't worry bout makin mistakes,,we all made em at first,,, Cheers mate! ;)

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Thanks for the response Tammy, should I copy and paste this thread and move it to one of the hand analysis thread you suggest? No sweat either way, and thanks for the welcoming too:rock:
Nope, just let me know which one works for you, and I'll move it.

LA PokerKush

LA PokerKush

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nope, just let me know which one works for you, and I'll move it.
That's mighty kind of ya T', it can go anywhere, I suppose the online analysis works better?
You da Boss, how about what you figure is best. I'm new so, each one teach one. lol

LA PokerKush

LA PokerKush

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Welcome to our little poker fam,,, :cheers: Don't worry bout makin mistakes,,we all made em at first,,, Cheers mate! ;)
Dope! haha! Thanks Terry, I appreciate the warm welcome!

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you are very lucky with your wife if she allows you not only to play poker, but also can help with advice. I apologize if I misunderstood you.:drunken_s

T

tmfnsanders

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I like your wife. If she understands the difference between a bluff and a semi bluff, she's a keeper bro.

To answer your question: not really anyone in real life that I can discuss hands with or anything so I stick to strat forums and old online poker buddies to evaluate.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Aren't you worried you will start playing like a girl? :D Just kidding, welcome to the forum, good to have you aboard.

LA PokerKush

LA PokerKush

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you are very lucky with your wife if she allows you not only to play poker, but also can help with advice. I apologize if I misunderstood you.:drunken_s
Thank you so much, Ill let her see the complement lol, :burnout:

LA PokerKush

LA PokerKush

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I like your wife. If she understands the difference between a bluff and a semi bluff, she's a keeper bro.

To answer your question: not really anyone in real life that I can discuss hands with or anything so I stick to strat forums and old online poker buddies to evaluate.
lmao!!! great strategy to use forums, its a learning curve for sure!

LA PokerKush

LA PokerKush

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Aren't you worried you will start playing like a girl? :D Just kidding, welcome to the forum, good to have you aboard.
HAHA!! Thanks for the welcome, I appreciate that!

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Hey
Hand analysis can be done with anyone with a little knowledge of gambling (poker)
And the more you discuss the more ideas throw up. Which is a positive and that’s a good reason to be in Cardschat
Gl

LA PokerKush

LA PokerKush

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yup!!
Thanks! Good luck to you too!

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands