jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PF and Flop carbon

ok two callers on my 5xbb raise PF , villian(sb) bets out post flop with the mini bet , UTG folds , I raise , villian flat calls .

whats our read ? mine is a PP , the higher the better but any card could possibly make a set and he could have an A8 suited or something so I'm a little leery . give me a few thoughts and I'll post the turn , sorry for the whack HH :)

bbgold

bbgold

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Trips or Flush draw

Remember you are Betting into them so if they are sitting on Full house or Quads they will let you just keep on betting. Slow down here and see if they try to come over the top of your min bets. You didn't have much invested on the flop but now you have bet you are putting More chips at Risk. I would say to slow down so that you are not throwing chips at a chaser who just might catch, jmho

F

frady2001

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
some info on your table image and the villains stats would really help here.

Is this player any good? Is this cash or tourney? 100 chips is different than 100 dollars. I will assume cash.

If hes a TAG then he probably missed (unless you have a loose image and he doesn't value your bets). cant see a tight player calling 5xbb w/ A8.

LAG.... well, he just might have the 8. If he checks the turn check it back and see how he bets the river. If he throws most of his chips in your beat, if not then bet at him. Then again, it matters if this is cash or tourney how you play.

read..... if I had to guess its A8 or a pair of 3s in his hand. cant see him betting only 20 for a flush draw and then calling the bet w/ a little under 3 to 1 (assuming some skill).

one donks opinion fwiw.

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Need to post a read or stats on your villain. If I remember correctly, jkr plays fairly tight and I wouln't be too afraid of 8x calling for 5x raise. After the min donkbet/call I'd put him on the flushdraw or a middle pocket pair. Wouldn't completely discount flopped set however. When have you seen him min block bet before?

Last edited:
W

WurlyQ

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Information on villain as well as your table image would help.

That flop bet looks like a blocking bet but if they are on a flush draw, you have the Ac so that means they would have called the preflop raise to 5x bb with KcQc at best so I don't really think this is the case. Furthermore, they called with about 1.8:1 pot odds which is quite bad for a flush draw.

A more likely holding is a medium pair. That min bet could just be a test bet. Although I wouldn't entirely rule out trips, calling 5x bb OOP with 33 is quite bad. If they have 88, well... you're out of luck.

I guess it depends on the overall stack sizes and stats on villain, but 98s or 87s isn't entirely out of the question. Calling a 5x bb raise with A8 is terrible because there's a good chance, you're dominated by AK or AQ.

I think you're ahead here but I would slow the turn to be safe.

V

viking999

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn't be checking a blank turn. I'd be betting and folding to a raise. His likely hands that you beat are flush draws and pocket pairs. If you check and the flush misses, you've missed your opportunity to get paid off by a flush draw. If you check and the flush or an overcard comes, you've missed your opportunity to get paid off by a pocket pair. If he has the monster, I'm going to be paying off another bet on the river anyway, so I may as well put that money in now.

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
thanks people , villain isn't real tight but wouldn't say LAG either , he makes those mini bets all the time but will do it with a draw or a monster

Turn carbon

he lead out with another mini bet so I flat called , the river was a 2 diamond , no help for anyone . he bet out $80.........:eek:

oh for those asking it's a cc tourney and I don't have tracking software :)

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The line fits AJs/KQs or really any operpair to the flop <QQ, range also includes 33 and 99 and occasionally hands like A8, so we can treat this really as a WA/WB because we are so deep, I flat the turn and river bets. Raise fold, or raise/call the turn or river sucks balls really. (then again I'm a passive tag fish these days, but I think that our flop raise kinda sorted out the aggressiveness that we need on this hand)

(I'm assuming that we are deep cause the blinds are small and stuff, but there is no stack sizes)

pedroman7

pedroman7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would feel like I was ahead here more often than not by far. I'm going for 3 streets of value maybe just check/call river but no way I let them see the river for that cheap fd is just big a part of their range.

H

heyyou01

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
View attachment 17249

ok two callers on my 5xbb raise PF , villian(sb) bets out post flop with the mini bet , UTG folds , I raise , villian flat calls .

whats our read ? mine is a PP , the higher the better but any card could possibly make a set and he could have an A8 suited or something so I'm a little leery . give me a few thoughts and I'll post the turn , sorry for the whack HH :)

My read is the same maybe KK,QQ,AK Really strong hands pre flop maybe there just total donks and call that big of a raise with A8 it happens
They were willing to go with u preflop maybe u should of Raised All In
I wouldnt push all in after the flop with two suited cards and two eights its just to risky
If you hit the A on the turn and it wasnt the third suited card then i would of either bet high, or pushed all in

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Showdown carbon

the last mini bet got me , I thought surely he would not take the chance of me flat calling again :confused: but his advantage was he knew I was tight and holding a strong pair from the start .

oh well thanks for all the insight , I just wanted to figure out if I was stupid like so many I see that do not respect a pair on board . I was :eek:
my reading skills are more like just bad guesses:(

in the micro games I've been playing it seems like they will call with any two cards when the blinds are low and a 3-5 xx bb raise is still cheap . once I had AA UTG raised 3xx bb and got five callers , luckily all folded to a c-bet on the flop . I had full expectations of someone coming over the top and me folding .

anyways thanks again for the response people :D

T

tdude

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you can figure out the kinds of hands they have been playing associated with the bets and calls they have been making, that will help you a lot.

D

darkremixx

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thats a tough call indeed. I would inspect betting patterns and see if you can crack his draws.