AA, just call or all in?

VinnyStrat

VinnyStrat

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like the call. I think when you have bullets you want to give others an opportunity to call or shove. The hands that are calling after you, you will likely dominate. As it worked out it saved you quite a few chips.

tagece

tagece

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Neither call nor go all in. With a good raise you will avoid weak games and some bad beats in the end, and maybe get value on the pot. Shove could put everybody out of the hand, and you will remain just with the blinds with a strong hand like that.

And call/all in just catch fishes. A experienced opponent can see your slow playing really easily. It's better simulate a draw or a hand that's is just OK. You don't need the villain thinks you have a weak hand. What you need is the villain think he has a better hand than yours.

L

leorulex

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think call is better cuz is a good attractive for a fishers call to

GODZZ

GODZZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Neither call nor go all in. With a good raise you will avoid weak games and some bad beats in the end, and maybe get value on the pot. Shove could put everybody out of the hand, and you will remain just with the blinds with a strong hand like that.

And call/all in just catch fishes. A experienced opponent can see your slow playing really easily. It's better simulate a draw or a hand that's is just OK. You don't need the villain thinks you have a weak hand. What you need is the villain think he has a better hand than yours.
I agree I think a strong raise will narrow the field and isolate your opponent.:)

P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playful thinks that a lil raise is much butta than a shove, makes for bigger pots:eek:

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think your position in the hand. Like UTG I would at least 4 bet the pot and get as many weak players out as possible, but say you are the BB before the flop and you have just two callers, or raisers, then I would flat call or 3 bet, and you probably won't lose those two. Max value is what I've always heard that you should shoot for. But then again it could go all wrong. That's poker, and no one can tell you how to over come that. I have been beat with AA every way you can think of. GL to you

LinkornU

LinkornU

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in this particular situation call is a good decision. that's the way how you can win a bigger pot. Yeah you won't win every time you do it, but it's a profitable move anyway.

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it always depends, if you play a head-up, call always, also is quite good to call when there is a aggresive donk player, if you know he's going to raise then you call, if someone else call or raise, go all-in.
if your stack is regular and you´re next to bubble is better all-in or raise.

Elmanchy

Elmanchy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
65% slowplay
5% all in
30% pfr agressive

ribaric

ribaric

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Raise 4-5bb preflop and then countinue betting but in this case nc shove cuz that was a big flop and the guy with QJ ofc calls cuz he whanted to see what you have and what would be the turn and river

romych007

romych007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Сall- a good decision , because the other players misjudged your hand , and you will have the opportunity to win a big pot. But do not forget that the chance of winning decreases with increasing number of players in the pot.

V

Varion

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
All tends to be a coin-flip, always.

eidikos

eidikos

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi!
with the stacks of your opponents it was a good call.you put them all in without scare them
if one of them had a big stack you could make a raise there

P

pop pap

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think call better, cuz nobody knows your card, and you can win more money

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When playing on a passive table you need to raise at least raise 4x bb in or order to isolate small and middle pair from making a set on the flop.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
replayer didnt work for me, but i would think a small raise may be the best option-

if stacks are really shallow i like a call better and

if stacks are really deep i like a raise better

VGShaa

VGShaa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
:) You made the right decision, in this position I would call too.

Rastaiza92

Rastaiza92

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depending on the instance of the tournament and the position in the table. (All in- raise x4)

D

danntesvarna

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pressure 3,4,5 bet or All in.Only in tournement can call sometimes in heads-up or special situation when you hate players on your table!

H

haystack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
at least a 3 bet is best be very careful of slow playing aces you can get cracked.

teepack

teepack

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think I would have shoved preflop to try to isolate that guy. The QJ guy probably calls anyway. If he's willing to risk 65% of his chips on that, he probably would have done the same.

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Neither call nor go all in. With a good raise you will avoid weak games and some bad beats in the end.
I hear this alot, raise or shove with aces preflop and you somehow avoid bad beats, but I'm not exactly clear on how this works. Can you elaborate?