Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Here is the scene. 6 seat SNG $10 buyin, 3rd hand of game. Big stack has just over 1100 chips other 5 players at or a little below 1000. I am the button with 950 chips. The only read I have so far in this game is that one can see a flop cheaply if one is so inclined. I am dealt 56d, UTG folds, big stack calls, to my right calls, I call, SB folds, BB checks. Flop is 7d4d3c. BB bets 40, BigStack raises to 80, to my right folds, I think, there is a god & smooth call, BB raises to 160, BigStack goes allin. Have my prayers been answered or WTF do these guys have. What do I do & what am I looking at?:confused:

RiverNoHelp

RiverNoHelp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to push.. You've got a made straight and an open ended straight flush draw.. I can almost guarantee one of the folks still involved in the hand is on a flush draw and they may get there but you've got so many outs here it warrants a call.. This is one of those situations where you get all your chips in with what you know is the best hand and hope that it holds up..Don't be results oriented with this particular hand if you happen to lose the hand to a diamond that isn't a 3 or an 8.. You would have made the right move..

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You're well ahead here; this is the perfect flop for that hand, and I think you have every reason to push. You have the nuts right now, and if someone else has a bigger flush draw, your diamonds become defensive suits, and your opponent has a less likely chance to hit.

Effexor

Effexor

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this is an easy all-in, pray it holds up.

Now if it was me... they'd get runner runner runner for the first ever 5 of a kind. Thats my luck lately lol.

RiverNoHelp

RiverNoHelp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not to Hijack the thread or anything but Chuck what's with changing the avatar?.. Whenever I see the avatars I know instantly who is giving the advice or asking a question..Then you go and change it all up on me and make me have to actually look at the name of the person posting..Geesh!

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah Chuck, what gives????????

rotty

rotty

I triple dog dare ya
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Looks like Big stack is trying to scare you all away.
He probably has a flush draw, but a for sure on your calling his all-in.

Ya Chuck, it is not even Hockey seaon yet. geeeez. lol

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
^^^ I know :eek:
Found some ol' Tucker vids recently, though and just had to represent my idol.

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, I have no idea who the guy is in your avatar(hockey? posh girls play that at private school in England!), but your last one looked like a real good mate of mine who I havent seen for years, and I miss him! My mate and your avatar!

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Push, push, push. You might be looking at A7 and a set. Maybe a flush draw, which would be pretty good for you, since there's probably only 5 outs for them, since you have 2 of them and another 2 would give you the straight flush (although they could be holding one of them). If you're looking at a set, which I see as somewhat likely in this scenario, you might get unluckily fullhoused, but there's little reason not to get your whole stack in here.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Thanks for the input folks, I put the big stack on a set & only hesitated calling the allin for a bit hoping to lull the big blind into calling also, didn't work. BigStack was holding 56c & of course God once again decided to show me he has a sense of humor & BigStack caught runner, runner clubs to make his flush & give me 6th place in a 6 seat SNG. I don't win them all but it's very unsual for me to go out first. Couldn't see where I played it wrong though & thanks again for the feedback.

F

Fish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Kenzie 96 said:
I am dealt 56d,
Flop is 7d4d3c. BigStack goes allin. What do I do ?
At this point in time you have the nuts.
Object is to get your chips in when you are ahead.
It's a call.

Go Here http://www.cardplayer.com/poker_odds/texas_holdem#
and play around with certain hand combinations to decide if you are ahead at this point or not.
You should find that this is a very easy call.

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You did the right thing Kenzie, just got terribly unlucky.