$9 NLHE MTT Rebuy: Aggro Play Late In Tourney

seeyouthru

seeyouthru

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Player left 48, Hero position 22, ITM= 24.
7 handed table, Ante 10%.

Utg(100bb) Oraises 2.1X
Utg+1(30bb) Calls
Utg+2(18bb) Calls
CO(130bb) Calls
Btn Folds!
BB(99bb)!
Sb=Hero(25bb) Picks up Ac3s, Pot(10.5bb). Hero Shoves All In.

What Do You think about heros decision to shove? is it a profitable bluff shove given the circumstances having the A blocker, if the shove goes through we would pickup 11bbs or should we fold this and wait for better spots in tourney in general?
Your analysis will be appreciated!

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would fold here. It's a great spot to shove wide for sure, but our equity is a bit too low with a low offsuit ace. So even with the blocker, I'd fold here but happily shove with a bit stronger like A3s or 22.

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with the statements already made - at least A3s has some ok equity with it even when we are dominated - A3o is just too wide for the squeeze here. Small blind has the least amount of incentive to get involved in a large pot with marginal holdings so I like the fold here as well. I think the 2nd best option is to call and go to a flop looking to make 2pr or better in order to stack off - the problem is I doubt we get to realize much equity with this hand often enough to justify putting in another 1.6bb when we could conserve the chips, fold and find better spots later.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Even with A3s I think, this would be a bit questionable for so many blinds and against an UTG open. UTG also has a huge stack, which makes it more likely, he is willing to call and gamble with us. Calling is also an option, and we are getting an amazing price, when he raise this small. Once again A3s is a better call than A3o, but even A3o is at least close.

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Yep I'm also folding A3o here, probably would have shoved A3s though

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With so many people already in the pot, you aren't going to get through and make them all fold.

Just fold and wait for a better spot.

W

wstclair777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With four players already in, I'm folding and looking for a better spot. I don't think this get through enough to make it a profitable play and when your called your usually going to be in a bad spot.

U

UkoChebuko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think your shove is kinda borderline. Not bad, can't be a big mistake. Borderline or "little" -EV, because the ICM. But maybe I will do the same. Whatever... F*ck it, All in :D.

Sorry, this is A3o , not A3s. No, mate, too loose. A3s at least.

Mate, even such an ugly hand, like KJo, will be better here. A3o snap fold...