$9.90 NLHE MTT Rebuy: Final table of the 600$ rebuy tournament

blkmoney12

blkmoney12

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was playing the final table of the 600$ rebuy tournament i was on the button with 15750 and the chip leader in the big blind has 48750 here is how the hand played out.

Horizon, $9 + $0.90 - Hold'em No Limit - 600/1,200 (120 ante) - 6 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat

KEHodges (UTG): 36,602 (31 bb)
RAGGIE8100 (MP): 35,522 (30 bb)
petar2211 (CO): 7,382 (6 bb)
blkmoney12 (BU): 15,975 (13 bb)
YouPushIwin (SB): 14,430 (12 bb)
MiDaDy (BB): 48,589 (40 bb)

Pre-Flop: (2,520) Hero (blkmoney12) is BTN with J A
3 players fold, blkmoney12 (BU) calls 1,200, 1 fold, MiDaDy (BB) checks

Flop: (3,720) 2 T A (2 players)
MiDaDy (BB) checks, blkmoney12 (BU) bets 1,860, MiDaDy (BB) raises to 3,720, blkmoney12 (BU) calls 1,860

Turn: (11,160) T (2 players)
MiDaDy (BB) bets 5,580, blkmoney12 (BU) raises to 10,935 (all-in), MiDaDy (BB) calls 5,355

River: (33,030) 9 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: 33,030

Showdown:
blkmoney12 (BU) shows J A (two pair, Aces and Tens)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 68%, Flop: 80%, Turn: 5%, River: 0%)

MiDaDy (BB) shows T 5 (three of a kind, Tens)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 32%, Flop: 20%, Turn: 95%, River: 100%)

MiDaDy (BB) wins 33,030

what could i have done better.

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
put pressure on the chip leader and open at least 2.5x , you are in position, I see no reason to limp AJ in this spot (someone can arge about icm, but what hand you would play if you not open AJ, cmon), if villain defende their blind, a basic cbet of 70% of the pot will make he fold and go to next hand

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With a 13BB stack I would just open jam. A hand like AJo is certainly strong enough, and it benefit a lot from folds. Even when BB has junk like T5o, he still had 32% equity. Why let him realise that for free? Most of the time they fold to your jam, and even when they call, you usually have decent equity. Being a short stack you are going to have to play a "flip" sooner or later to make it to top three. There is no way to avoid that, and right now is as good a time as any.

As played I probably just call him down postflop. Keep his bluffing range alive and allow him to "bully" you with his big stack. With position and stacks this short I dont see a tremendous amount of reasons to raise. I dont think, I can get away from this. Yes he could have a T, as in fact he did, but he could also have an A with a worse kicker or simply a bluff. The main point is, if you jam pre, you dont have this headache post.

moulan7

moulan7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The reason we raise with good hands is to get value (..aaaand to protect against trash hands xD).
You are at a push or fold stack size and eventually you will need to put your chips in if you want to survive. This is a great spot with a great hand to do so.
Or at least make a raise.
If your intention is to trap and provoke a raise from the sb or bb then I don't like it either because I'm against limping as a tactic for several reasons. But if that's the case it is better to do that with a much larger stack size.

Raise or better jam (especially against large stack, you want to have some fold equity) with that stack size and that kind of holdings. Because more than often you will end up to call or shove with worse xD.

As played you put yourself in a very difficult spot.
I don't know what to do here honestly. If you decide to call his check-raise maybe it's better to push here. But again I don't know. Then with the 10 on the turn better just call but you can't do anything really either way you have to put all your chips in at the end.
Maybe there's a tiny chance to consider to fold on turn. Sad but true.

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As Fundiver says, you want to shove here. It would be marginal to call it off with the short-stack facing a shove from a player who covers you. But you can jam much wider than you can call given that you'll have fold equity taking the aggressive action.

Your post-flop line was OK but next time shove any hand you're going to play in a spot like this. (If you had over 15bb, it would be a lot more reasonable to have a min-raising or possibly even limping range.)

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was playing the final table of the 600$ rebuy tournament i was on the button with 15750 and the chip leader in the big blind has 48750 here is how the hand played out.

Horizon, $9 + $0.90 - Hold'em No Limit - 600/1,200 (120 ante) - 6 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat

KEHodges (UTG): 36,602 (31 bb)
RAGGIE8100 (MP): 35,522 (30 bb)
petar2211 (CO): 7,382 (6 bb)
blkmoney12 (BU): 15,975 (13 bb)
YouPushIwin (SB): 14,430 (12 bb)
MiDaDy (BB): 48,589 (40 bb)

Pre-Flop: (2,520) Hero (blkmoney12) is BTN with J A
3 players fold, blkmoney12 (BU) calls 1,200, 1 fold, MiDaDy (BB) checks

Flop: (3,720) 2 T A (2 players)
MiDaDy (BB) checks, blkmoney12 (BU) bets 1,860, MiDaDy (BB) raises to 3,720, blkmoney12 (BU) calls 1,860

Turn: (11,160) T (2 players)
MiDaDy (BB) bets 5,580, blkmoney12 (BU) raises to 10,935 (all-in), MiDaDy (BB) calls 5,355

River: (33,030) 9 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: 33,030

Showdown:
blkmoney12 (BU) shows J A (two pair, Aces and Tens)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 68%, Flop: 80%, Turn: 5%, River: 0%)

MiDaDy (BB) shows T 5 (three of a kind, Tens)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 32%, Flop: 20%, Turn: 95%, River: 100%)

MiDaDy (BB) wins 33,030

what could i have done better.

Thank U 4 Posting
I have not read the post. I am watching the replayer one step at a time.

I stopped the replayer when you open called.

Are you aware of how important ICM is on a final table?

What would be the optimal ICM action preflop?

Why did you think that calling was the best action preflop?
What was your plan if the BB shoved on you?

Did you have a specific strategy for flop turn and river that went with AJ missing the flop?

I think the preflop call was such a big mistake with your holding, in your ICM situation, that I will not continue into the hand.

It is so very important to not make that first big mistake that causes any action after that, to just be trying to recover from that mistake.

Hope this helps
:):)

B

bealpoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
13bbs on the btn. This is an easy shove easy easy easy. We should be shoving around 40% of our hands on the btn here with 13bbs. You shouldnt have a limping strategy btn vs blinds <20bbs effective. If we do limp it should only be medium suited connectors 76-JT and AA KK AKs to induce a shove. If were limping AJo here we are limping with around 16/17% of hands which isnt -EV but its not the modt +EV play aswell.

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

With a 13BB stack I would just open jam. A hand like AJo is certainly strong enough, and it benefit a lot from folds.

100% agree....you should never be raising anything less off of this stack size. You gave the BB great odds to call, and then you missed your spot on the flop as well.

Just jam 13bb here...you should be doing this relatively wide from the button so worse Ax is going to call you quite often as well as other hands we are doing quite well against.

As played when we get called and cbet flop and get raised - why would you just call here?!? Just get it all in...we flopped top pair with a decent kicker and we have 13bb to start the hand...when we flop this well we HAVE to go with it. No sense getting cute and calling - just shove.

So the two big mistakes here are not shoving preflop and not shoving the flop when we get raised. We allowed the BB to get there and we lost as an end result.

Dont take this harshly, it's ok and not the worst mistakes in the world but certainly some that can be avoided in the future.

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hmmm. I think push flop will be better. If he fold - you will doubled. If he call, in most of cases you will get triple stack

B

bealpoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
13 bbs on the btn 2nd last in chips, factoring in icm - this is just a shove, you get more fold equity and pick up the blinds here, plus you fold out hand like that.