$85 NLHE STT Turbo: SNG satty to $100KGTD, AA in BB

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Single table 10 player SNG satty to $100K GTD Main Event, Turning Stone March Mania series
$85 entry, 2 $550 ME seats, 3rd gets $100
T$2500 starting stacks, blinds 15 minutes
1 min left in level 3, blinds 100/200, L4 is 200/400, L5 is 300/600

8 players T$100/T$200
CO T$4200
BTN T$1700
BB (Hero) T$3900

Hero is dealt :as4: :ad4:

Folds around to CO who opens to T$550
BTN shoves for T$1700
SB folds

Hero ??

CO has shown already that he'll open wide in this spot. Has shown 92o in one instance. He has called a shove from a smaller stack with AQo earlier.

BTN made a loose call earlier to lose 3/4 of his stack and then tripled up a few hands later. BTN seems to realize that CO has a wide range.

Do we flat to try and induce CO to flat or shove?
What flops, if any, do we not shove if we flat and CO just calls?

Hero calls T$1700
CO calls T$1700

Flop (T$5200): :kh4: :9h4: :3c4:

Hero ??

Hero shove T$2200
CO calls T$2200
CO shows :10h4: :8h4:

A

Ambur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are you asking which Ax should you flat?

A

Ambur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Axs x above T would flat 1/5 of times

AA would probably jam it in preflop, really do not want induce bigger stack to take a stab on me multiway pot!

Dont take it as must be since i am not regular at these stakes!

ZekeRam

ZekeRam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just jam it pre, AKo and above is calling, which you're dominating and you're pushing out any "pot odds" type hands.

Himanshu

Himanshu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i will also just jam pre there is no need to be too cute with AA in that situation.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Jam it pre because flatting looks fishy and I think jamming is more likely to get a hand like TT/AK to call off.

Plus, the pot is already big enough to justify locking it up now. AA plays much better heads up so don't slow playt it. a 2x stack in a 9man SnG Satellite is worth A LOT more than a 2x stack in a MTT for instance so the "risk" of slowplaying is not worth the reward. Push it and hope AK calls you.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think flatting looks way too strong & more likely to get action if you just gii

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
After seeing the results, CO doesn't seem to think... nevermind think that a flat there in that spot is likely only a monster.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
both are fine, but usually keeping it simple in these spots and jamming is best unless you have a logical read to back up just flatting. The problem is in live tourneys people don't know how to count their stack, so saying "all in" and putting a bunch of chips in the middle tends to scare ppl off more. Whereas in online games, they just see a numeral value, and don't care about calling it off because they are basically anonymous and don't care if they look stupid.

So i think both plays have merit, i would jam here nearly always, but if i had more live exp and thought flatting would make the CO make more mistakes then i'd be happy to just call and let him spew off.

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Between flatting and shoving, Ill go for the latter.

I dont mind if CO calls or not.

el_magiciann

el_magiciann

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You really don't want your AA to be in 3way pot . Shove pre and hope the CO to fold his loose hand.

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So i think both plays have merit, i would jam here nearly always, but if i had more live exp and thought flatting would make the CO make more mistakes then i'd be happy to just call and let him spew off.

Thanks. I think CO did make a mistake by flatting here so I'm fine with my play here. Stoving some ranges for each player here, it looks like I give up about 13% by flatting and having the CO flat, 80% to win vs 67% so not a big difference.

PokerFunKid

PokerFunKid

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah just shove. Will look weaker if you shove. Also if you flat and CO somehow also just calls with hands like TT-KK, AQ-AK and miss the flop he might fold the flop when you shove and you're missing out on value.