$800 NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: TP weak kicker OOP in 3b pot

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
this is a deepstacked live MTT starting stacks 40k we are at level 150/300 no ante and I’m down to 19,000 (63bb) and I’m the effective stack.

Folds to my HJ I make it 700 with :10s4::8s4:

Button 3bets me to 1700

He has been choosing small 3b sizings al day so far and 3bets somewhat often. He is not a bad player but has leaks postflop and doesn’t seem to go for a ton of value or put on a bunch of pressure with missed draws so if I flop a pair I have a decent chance at cheap showdown. I call

Pot 3,400

Flop :10h4::7s4::4h4:

I check he cbets 1500 I call

Pot 6,400

Turn :5c4:

I check he bets 4500

I take pause. I’m starting to believe he has a big pair. But now I’ve picked up a gutshot to go with my top pair. I don’t love it but I call leaving me 11,000 back

Pot 15,400

River :8c4:

Hero should?

T

tmfnsanders

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What was your plan if the river was a complete brick? Had the button been 3betting a lot prior to this hand.

Based on the infomation given, I like a lead shove after tanking a little. Give him the opportunity to make a hero call with his overpair rather than just checking it back

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What was your plan if the river was a complete brick? Had the button been 3betting a lot prior to this hand.

Based on the infomation given, I like a lead shove after tanking a little. Give him the opportunity to make a hero call with his overpair rather than just checking it back

My plan was to fire any T any 8 any 6 and any heart rivers.

Check the rest and probably fold to the third barrel

toots babos

toots babos

ex-tornament grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Check call when he puts you all in!

Gotta give them a chance to bluff off their busted flush draws, if they've got something like 66, J9hh/A6hh or a set then so be it but by jamming yourself you won't be folding any of these hands out ever but by checking you're allowing them to be putting you on one pair Tx hands, flush draws, 99 possibly which might lean them towards putting you all in with their big pairs also.

T

tmfnsanders

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My plan was to fire any T any 8 any 6 and any heart rivers.

Check the rest and probably fold to the third barrel

Sounds like a good plan to me. Stick to the plan. EZ game is EZ:)

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Enthusiastically check call/shove. I'd given it up on the turn for that much of what is left in stack.

Alucard

Alucard

Santoryu
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe you have to lead jam if you think he has an overpair cause they'd take the xb on that river.
But you miss value from all the bluff shoves. Also a tigher cautious player might fold vs a jam even though the price is pretty good.
So I think it depends on which hands you range him on.

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You must lead push here. It is very bad card for 3rd bet with overpairs. I think he will checkback here everytimes in this spot. But if you push, you can see the hero calls.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Readless I am checking, you seem to want to make an exploitative jam, which I am on board with if he doesnt bluff enough AND will call off overpairs AND will check them somewhat often

JJP

JJP

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think I am shoving the river based on your reads. I would have folded the turn tho, as I don't think you have enough equity vs his range here imo

I don't want to check and let him check back overpairs, plus with his leaks you described he probably won't be able to fold them

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

🙉 🙈 🙊 student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
It would be a check call for me. I think worse hands would fold to your jam on the river and you said he's not a bad player, which to me suggests he would not hero call with an overpair when seeing you jam. Put on your best sad face for your missed flush draw [emoji20]

[emoji57][emoji57][emoji57]

VovanBaron

VovanBaron

RiddlesInTheShadow
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
this is a deepstacked live MTT starting stacks 40k we are at level 150/300 no ante and I’m down to 19,000 (63bb) and I’m the effective stack.

Folds to my HJ I make it 700 with :10s4::8s4:

Button 3bets me to 1700

He has been choosing small 3b sizings al day so far and 3bets somewhat often. He is not a bad player but has leaks postflop and doesn’t seem to go for a ton of value or put on a bunch of pressure with missed draws so if I flop a pair I have a decent chance at cheap showdown. I call

Pot 3,400

Flop :10h4::7s4::4h4:

I check he cbets 1500 I call

Pot 6,400

Turn :5c4:

I check he bets 4500

I take pause. I’m starting to believe he has a big pair. But now I’ve picked up a gutshot to go with my top pair. I don’t love it but I call leaving me 11,000 back

Pot 15,400

River :8c4:

Hero should?
we have few variants for the river here check /lead/jam?even)

but for me check is better...here is why...he is good player but 3bet widely so...he makes two barrels ~45% and ~65% and river two pairs can be a trap for us ....sometimes 8 can give himstraight to 76 65 64 also he can have sets 10s 7s 4s
but we beat his over pairs and often he has it
if he is not a maniac and we know he is quite good he would bluff on river very seldom with air or flushdraw when we check-call two streets... anyway he bets turn more to make us fold,seems to me,relying on your infos
if he bet river it is our allin always ...so we have to decide...so if he bet I would fold...
but most of time after check it will be check...

ZenGreen

ZenGreen

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
WOW some good level thinking here. This is a good thread.

Just curious are you saying he was 3betting you small all day or just anyone in general. That lite 3bet can be anything then

I want to bet but if he raises me Im cooked but I dont want him to check it back LOL.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I jammed river and he called w AA.

I’m not sure if the turn was a good call or not. If he will ALWAYS pay off when I improve then it’s probably ok.