P

PotPlucker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 27/20/34

I think I know the answer here but figured I would put it up for comment. Was deep in MOSS #11 20K. Had a very tight image because just not getting the cards. Blinds were 6k/12K/1k. Was on bb with 140k and woke up w/ 10d10h. UTG pfr x2 (as they had done often, very active payer) They had me well covered with 663k chips. Normally I would have jammed here but being that it was on 1/6 their stack and I figured they would call. So I just flatted to take a flop and would be ready to fold if to much paint had come. Flop was 4dJh5h. I figured this was safe enough and jammed the rest of my stack of 128k into the 61k pot. Got insta called when his pocket fives (5d5c) made the set. 8s and Ah were turn and river... no 10 ball save... darn out around 40th for $60 bucks. Guess there was a slim chance could have got the fold if I had jammed preflop. Feel like that was one mistake. Looking back over the hand am questioning the donk bet post flop. Could of check raised the cbet since I decided to commit. Also could have found the fold preflop and try to ladder the prizes some more. I was near the bottom of the ladder and most were hanging on well. Anyway, my thoughts are in this situation will be jamming preflop from now on with 11bb. Thinking on it, I was trying to mix of the play a little, just shouldn't here because stack was to short. Any thoughts?

A

AviCKter

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm assuming there was no huge pay jumps.
With 12bb, you can't ask for better. Just go all-in and pray that you hold if you're up against broad-way cards or su*k out if he has a better pair.

Mixing it up is not a +EV play FYI.

Gabinho12345

Gabinho12345

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You should shove preflop, why you didn't shove preflop if you figured that they would call? Shoving 2x pot on the flop is very rarely getting called by a worse hand and better hands will always call.

T

trent32la

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Shove preflop, why would you be scared of getting called here? Against a very agg player with a large stack you have more fold equity here than you think.

Flop I'm checking and jamming over any bet. Your thinking here is completely results oriented, zero chance in game you were considering folding preflop.

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
So you had an M of around 5...well that is in the red zone....1010 is an instashove

T

TheBartonator

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Shove preflop, as played I hate the flop shove. He's only calling you when your crushed. MAYBE you get a crying call with AK with 1 heart. Other than that it's the rare AQhh or AKhh , and hands that have you drawing to 2 outs. I don't like it. At least if you check and let him bet you have a chance to pick off some bluffs.