$7.50 NLHE MTT: $7,5 NLHE MTT: When u face LAGs.

BoddJonar

BoddJonar

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 32/26/100

Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 32/26/100

So I might've earned this because I was trying to play the player, but anyhow.
Since I discussed it a little with Tech in my own thread I want to know what you other guys think aswell.

pokerstars No-Limit Hold'em, 7.5 Tournament, 350/700 Blinds 90 Ante (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://flopturnriver.com/

UTG+1 (t22,296)
MP1 (t13,568)
MP2 (t9,461)
MP3 (t6,803)
CO (t11,756)
Button (t33,146)
Hero (SB) (t26,974)
BB (t23,414)
UTG (t67,072)

Hero's M: 14.50

Preflop: Hero is SB with J
diamond.gif
, 10
heart.gif

7 folds, Hero calls t350, BB raises to t2,800, Hero calls t2,100

Flop: (t6,410) 5
diamond.gif
, 10
spade.gif
, J
club.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets t1,400, BB raises to t6,558, Hero raises to t24,084 (All-In), BB calls t13,966 (All-In)

Turn: (t47,458) K
diamond.gif
(2 players, 2 all-in)

River: (t47,458) 3
spade.gif
(2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: t47,458

Results below:
Hero had J
diamond.gif
, 10
heart.gif
(two pair, Jacks and tens).
BB had Q
heart.gif
, A
club.gif
(straight, Ace high).
Outcome: BB won t47,458

Seeing how loose this guy was, I wanted to see a flop with JT, with the hope of flopping what I did. Yes I know it was offsuit, and yes I know his raise was 4bbs. I know 19 hands is not really a valid time to get the full picture etc etc.
I was thinking It would be worth risking 4 bbs for the chance of a DU since he spewed all hands he'd been in so far. This is the only reason I didn't fold this before the flop. If I had missed the flop I could just fold and have plenty of chips left.

So, play or nay?

mbrenneman0

mbrenneman0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
umm... as played your shove was absolutely correct... however the way you played it up to then is kind of wacky.

i wouldnt just complete from the sb unless you have a read that he defends his blind too much... unless he defends his big blind. id prefer to raise the sb, raising from the sb will pick up the blinds and antes without having to worry about the flop...

then on the flop, you donked (donk betting means betting out of position when someone behind you has the betting lead) because he raised pre, its safe to assume that hes going to bet even if he missed the flop... by you betting, youre giving him a chance to get away from a missed flop for free, while checking to him induces him to cbet and gives you more value. i like check-raising here more than bet-shoving... if he raises your check-raise, then shove.

T

trent32la

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Opening 2.5-3x pre here unless you know villain is going to 3bet you extremely light here.

Flop lead is awful, you flopped great and know you're getting a nice cbet coming from the LAG close to 100% of the time, check.

As played, I'm just calling the flop raise to keep worse hands in villain's range in and keep our range looking weak.

BoddJonar

BoddJonar

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
umm... as played your shove was absolutely correct... however the way you played it up to then is kind of wacky.

i wouldnt just complete from the sb unless you have a read that he defends his blind too much... unless he defends his big blind. id prefer to raise the sb, raising from the sb will pick up the blinds and antes without having to worry about the flop...

then on the flop, you donked (donk betting means betting out of position when someone behind you has the betting lead) because he raised pre, its safe to assume that hes going to bet even if he missed the flop... by you betting, youre giving him a chance to get away from a missed flop for free, while checking to him induces him to cbet and gives you more value. i like check-raising here more than bet-shoving... if he raises your check-raise, then shove.

Yeah it's wacky. I don't disagree at all lol.
Didn't have a solid read on this player, just players that plays like him in general. That donk bet was to induce spew wich works very well vs LAGs in general. (Not defending it just telling you the way I was thinking when this went down :) )
Also since we didn't play that many hands I can't be sure he would defend all of them but LAGs usually wont take a bet from the sb or CO seriously.

Opening 2.5-3x pre here unless you know villain is going to 3bet you extremely light here.

Flop lead is awful, you flopped great and know you're getting a nice cbet coming from the LAG close to 100% of the time, check.

As played, I'm just calling the flop raise to keep worse hands in villain's range in and keep our range looking weak.

I cannot be 100% sure that he would 3 bet me light, just a feeling that he'd defend his precious blind vs alot of openings from CO,D,SB. I would under the right cirumstances aswell. I'f I had opened he'd likely 3-bet shove me and I'd have to fold this. That would be better though, I've kind of learned to not play theese cards from sb unless I've got a stack for it.

Also, check-raising would be nice aswell. Giving who the guy was he would probably get it in on the flop anyway (Maybe). Donkbet was to induce spewing wich works alot of times vs Lags. As I said above, just telling how my thought process was there.

Fishy play, instant karma I guess. Ah well, atleast we are learning and that's what we are here about after all.