$60 NLHE STT Turbo: $$60 NLHE STT Turbo: $60 HU Hyper Session review

MoeJurphy

MoeJurphy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi CC, I have been grinding the $3.50's with the occasional $7 a while, my current success is beating these (so far) for $1.7k so I decided to play 1 $60.

$60 HU Hyper session review (30hands):
http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/multihands.php/id/75480

Replayer seems to have imported backwards to please start at hand 30 - 1.

Any comments on each hand tag #30 - #1

:)

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why not just move up to the 7s and be done with it?

Just be aware that you are gambling here... its cool to do whatever its your money. But i can pretty much guarantee you have looked at playing a sng higher. Its natural to want too. Ive done it also. But just be aware of it thats all.

Ill check out the hands tommorow my phone wont let me view them.

MoeJurphy

MoeJurphy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why not just move up to the 7s and be done with it?

Just be aware that you are gambling here... its cool to do whatever its your money. But i can pretty much guarantee you have looked at playing a sng higher. Its natural to want too. Ive done it also. But just be aware of it thats all.

Ill check out the hands tommorow my phone wont let me view them.

I'm thinking about dabbeling about in the $7's I'm just very comfortable at the lower stakes. It was just a one off game I thought I would do as I have hit $1.7k I wasn't going to play more than 1 regardless of the outcome and I was happy to gamble it up with $60 this isn't something I will be doing often as I need to keep a strict BRM to not loose any profit made.

MoeJurphy

MoeJurphy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've reviewed this game too and it was a very bad game on my behalf

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It would take some work.. but if you have a bread and butter game you make money on you would be crazy not to move up and try the 7s. You could potentially make alot more without putting as much volume in. Or make the same with less time spent playing.. both wins in my book

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just looking over the hands now...

it looks like you posted the hands backwards but regardless

Hand #28 i don't mind c/r this board, but at these levels you should expect to get floated by a ton of Kq Jt type hands as they won't really respect you that much, you have to assume this player is half decent until proven otherwise. So i love the defend that's great, if you do c/r here, you are very capped and very polarized, and he likely will have an idea that you are fos here a decent amount, so yeah, expect him to be calling pretty wide.

But once you make your play, i think one more barrell on the turn will get rid of most of the hands that would float you, so that card changes nothing, you are repping the A so i'd fire a bet of 100 out there and give up most rivers.

This board isn't a super good one to try and bluff since it's pretty static, but since you are likely to get floated alot i think it's ok to bluff turn also.

these moves work really well in lower limits, because people with no hands will just give you the pot a ton of the time, it's not really the case higher up even at the $15s they wont give up without a fight. So try to avoid making these weak moves and have a plan on turn/rivers or you are better off just folding and waiting to pick a spot where you can attack him more and apply pressure.

hand #24
pretty big overjam here, you are risking a ton to pick up nothing. You are way better off just making it 60 here and dealing with a small SPR postflop, most often if he has trash he will just fold anyways. and you risk far less.

hand #23
dont really want to be folding many hands here, either jam it or limp in and see how he reacts, but don't gift him pots preflop when you have the button, if yo ulimp and he jams so be it, if you jam and he calls so be it.

hand #22
not sure what the idea with this was, pre is fine you can also raise a small amount which pressures his stack to go all in or fold, he's already limptrapped, but overall this will be really bad hands more than really good hands, he's pretty polarized to the top and bottom end of his range when he limps here, anything half decent we would expect him to shove.

when he bets pot you have no real move apart from just folding, we have no real equity in this spot, you have one over but no backdoor draws or anything really. try to have backdoor equity or some value when you make moves.

Now with your move, again i'd prefer either just letting him have it here, or making a really strong move that puts his stack at risk. with us not really having any room to move postflop and him betting pot with a small stack i'd just give this one to him and move on. not every hand is yours to win, pick favourable ones and have a little patiennce when you have the chip lead like this.

Hand#21

no real reason to jam this apart from a fear of what he might do. Just raise and hope he 3bet jams on you. by jamming it means you can no longer make mistakes, but nor can he, and since we know he's likely a better player than average you won't get anywhere near as many silly Ax calls like you would in lower limits. so just raise and go from there, if you feel uncomfortable postflop with these spots, then you have some work to do on your postflop play.

again big overjam, this one is more acceptable imo, but i really do think he will be forced to fold a ton of hands preflop to a simple 60-80 raise and you avoid all the times he's trapping. If you do raise and he calls then you can make a case for jamming these spots more. But overall this is a far better jam that the TT the previous hand.

bet the flop, don't be worried about him making a move for the pot on you, if it happens it happens you risk very little to just end the hand here and pick up this pot.

bet, flop or turn just bet. he seems to be pretty passive at this point and kinda weak, so start putting the aggression on him you have the cl so lets use it to bully him out of every single small pot we can.

Hand #17

this is a good one to just shove all in, right around the 10bb mark, our hand doesn't really have good playability if we are looking to raise/trap him. so best to just shove this in and take the preflop equity.

easy shove all in, same reasons as above, no real reason to do anything else here.

he seems to be pretty passive and limpy, so im chaning my read to that, so this flop isn't the best one to lead on for a few reasons.

he can have a lot of hands that connect or semi connect to this flop
we have a small stack and we need to preserve to be able to have fold equity in push/fold in future hands.
he seems to be passive meaning he will likely call us way to wide
he has the chip lead, meaning he will be more likely to call us wide.

pretty much a must make call here, he has been kinda passive, but we're 60/40 vs a ton of his range so it's a reeeealy easy call here no matter the villian.

super easy shove here, super good hand to shove, connected and really hard for him to dominate you.

just want to mention that this type of board is a better one to lead on than the t9k one earlier, much harder for him to hit, but i like the c/f. it's hard leading into a player like this, but if he had checked behind i'm betting pretty much any turn card.

you need to read up on ROFL ranges a bit. This is ok to raise or limp, but overall i think vs this player, it's better to just limp and pick up smaller pots that way.

#2 really tempted to just shove this all in here, he's gonna have a ton of crap and he limps alot in general. It's connected enough so i think either checking or jamming is fine.

this flop again is a really good one to just lead out and take the pot, the thing is we have the lead now, so he's the guy under pressure. so bully him and take pots when you have less to lose than he does.

nice win :)

but yeah it's pretty obvious you played some scared pots you probably would not have played in your lower limits

J

John Willow

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Will give my opinion here too.

#22 hand in my opinion that is a easy read for me as your opponent, cause you represent with that lead after the turn king with pretty good kicker, set or flush draw, and I would count out after that lead that you have king with good kicker, cause that obviously would be preflop raise and pocket pair too, only cards would make sense is 97 maybe and flush draw, but if you would had 97 you would like to check raise after the turn, cause the only scare card imo on river would be K or 2 and it is not likely that it will hit the desk, so I after that lead I would think that it is a some kind a draw or obviously a bluff.

#19 in my opinion 98s is all in too, he only have 10 BB left you are 2 to 1 chip leader and 98s is doing pretty good against AK, KQ, QJ even low pocket pairs, and it is not likely that he may have a monster pair.

It was only one more hand, where you again on turn tried to bluff representing nothing, but this one made sense cause you was out of position and you checked and he checked back after flop, but imo in those situation, just check till showdown, don't try to bluff, and hope that on river you will hit something to get up your showdown value.

Peace.

MoeJurphy

MoeJurphy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the feedback guys! Will go through hang for hand with your comments when I'm back form work!

Just a quick reply, I would say I was playing a lot more scared than I would be at my usual stakes as it is like 17x my usual 3.50s as I am not nearly as experienced playing the higher stakes.