UTG+2: 1,946 (64.9 bb)
MP1: 1,648 (54.9 bb)
MP2: 1,296 (43.2 bb)
MP3: 1,596 (53.2 bb)
CO: 1,485 (49.5 bb)
BTN: 1,440 (48 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with :Ts: :Th:
Hero raises to 90, 3 folds, MP3 calls 90, 4 folds

Flop: (261) :2s4: :2c4: :Ks: (2 players)
Hero bets 130, MP3 calls 130

Turn: (521) :6c4: (2 players)
Hero checks, MP3 checks

River: (521) :Jc: (2 players)
Hero checks, MP3 bets 210, Hero calls 210

M

Mazak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think yes, because calling this hand with KJ/AJ seems stupid :p

T

trent32la

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Check flop. River I'm folding, your opponent's sizing is almost never air and I'd think his spade FDs bet the turn.

toots babos

toots babos

ex-tornament grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Check flop. River I'm folding, your opponent's sizing is almost never air and I'd think his spade FDs bet the turn.
Why are we checking flop here? Given the fact we're the pre flop raiser isn't this a good flop to bet to get rid of the AJ/JQ/AQ type of hands that could catch up easily on the turn?

mcgregor_415

mcgregor_415

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am not huge fan of preflop raise with TT from early position on Sit and Go. The flop is dangerous and after the call you get and the J on the river there is no need to call it.
I am wondering what you would do if you get all in preflop re-raise?

ribaric

ribaric

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would fold the river it depends what type of player he is

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
This really depends on stats on vill.

I don't mind the cbet on the flop, I would of also cbet the turn also as if the flop is good for us, then a 6 would not of hurt us... If villain called again, then river is a c/f with the flush getting there.

T

trent32la

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why are we checking flop here? Given the fact we're the pre flop raiser isn't this a good flop to bet to get rid of the AJ/JQ/AQ type of hands that could catch up easily on the turn?
What worse hands are we getting to call and what better hands are we getting to fold? AJ/QJ/AQ etc connect on the turn 14% of the time, hardly are they going to "catch up easily". Checking here controls the size of the pot (which we want when playing OOP with a medium strength hand like we have on this flop) and keeps worse hands in our opponent's range in that can bet this flop when checked to.

I

ivanbbb

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
size 210 rate similar to the rate for final assembly! I would not so hold your hand,
Firstly, I would not put a flop
on this board ...
secondly can he pulled a flush draw S and after not closed, he could bluff
Thirdly, he could intensify the river to pair or closed flash.
to take better decisions need information on the enemy's line.
But I still decided to check the opponent's hand and would play call.

toots babos

toots babos

ex-tornament grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What worse hands are we getting to call and what better hands are we getting to fold? AJ/QJ/AQ etc connect on the turn 14% of the time, hardly are they going to "catch up easily". Checking here controls the size of the pot (which we want when playing OOP with a medium strength hand like we have on this flop) and keeps worse hands in our opponent's range in that can bet this flop when checked to.
With a flop like that surely pairs between 3's and 9's may peel to see a turn card and to charge a potential flush draw out there a price to draw?

kenzohim

kenzohim

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This case bet > check call > check call

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I can't see vill having anything better than JJs here as he just flats the preflop raiser. I would be putting him on ATo/s+ KTo/s sort of hands or lower PPs.

Vill only called the flop, so I doubt he had a K, as I believe he may have raised if he did not believe hero's cbet. Vill could have pocket two's and that would explain the call, but not the river, I believe he would of bet smaller on the river if he had 2s. I am more inclined to go with a smaller pair that just called on the flop, I think if he had the spade flush on the flop he would of also raised the cbet.

It is possible that vill had AJc something like that and he got their on the river, or he was semi bluffing with a lower pair??

Like I said I don't mind the cbet even on this type of board with a PP, but I also don't mind c/c either.

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Don't know why we checked on the flop. I guess you call on the river after you checked the flop.

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Don't know why we checked on the flop. I guess you call on the river after you checked the flop.

Hero did not check the flop, he bet 130. Do you mean the turn??

T

trent32la

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With a flop like that surely pairs between 3's and 9's may peel to see a turn card and to charge a potential flush draw out there a price to draw?

Some bad players may, however it's pretty thin to bet this flop trying to get value from lower PPs.

Flush draws are a very small portion of our opponent's range and he will be betting the flop with them anyway and not folding to a single cbet.

I can't see vill having anything better than JJs here as he just flats the preflop raiser. I would be putting him on ATo/s+ KTo/s sort of hands or lower PPs.

Vill only called the flop, so I doubt he had a K, as I believe he may have raised if he did not believe hero's cbet. Vill could have pocket two's and that would explain the call, but not the river, I believe he would of bet smaller on the river if he had 2s. I am more inclined to go with a smaller pair that just called on the flop, I think if he had the spade flush on the flop he would of also raised the cbet.

It is possible that vill had AJc something like that and he got their on the river, or he was semi bluffing with a lower pair??

Like I said I don't mind the cbet even on this type of board with a PP, but I also don't mind c/c either.
Wrong. Why would villain ever raise this flop with a King unless he has a read that hero is a complete spaz who will spew over a raise here? Perhaps villain does raise a flush draw but I would think just calling IP with a FD in villain's shoes is a much better play that looks stronger.

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Some bad players may, however it's pretty thin to bet this flop trying to get value from lower PPs.

Flush draws are a very small portion of our opponent's range and he will be betting the flop with them anyway and not folding to a single cbet.

Wrong. Why would villain ever raise this flop with a King unless he has a read that hero is a complete spaz who will spew over a raise here? Perhaps villain does raise a flush draw but I would think just calling IP with a FD in villain's shoes is a much better play that looks stronger.

I have seen tonnes of times where a villain has raised a cbet with a TPTK and FDs, because the hero has a high cbet percentage, and that is what I am going with here. We don't know if OP has a high percentage for cbetting as he has not mentioned any stats..