$6 NLHE MTT: QQ on the bubble with raise in front

z28_RoadRage

z28_RoadRage

Road Warrior
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OK so this is on the bubble... 65 paid, I'm in 62 with 66 left.

Sorry hand converter didn't recognize hand history from Party (wrong format).

NL Texas Hold'em $6 USD Buy-in Trny:79623353 Level:13 Blinds-Antes(400/800 -80) - Wednesday, February 27, 19:16:56 EST 2013
Table $3,000 Gtd (3033874) Table #21 (real money)
Seat 10 is the button
Total number of players : 9/10
Seat 1: ununpent1um ( 13,182 )
Seat 2: lobao2009x ( 58,398 )
Seat 3: Divey ( 15,920 )
Seat 4: ulmiSK8 ( 27,693 )
Seat 5: aquilex2799 ( 64,546 )
Seat 7: likordani ( 35,028 )
Seat 8: Z28_RoadRage ( 7,294 )
Seat 9: nakamachidai ( 14,332 )
Seat 10: amauter83 ( 67,509 )
Trny:79623353 Level:13
Blinds-Antes(400/800 -80)
ununpent1um posts ante [80]
lobao2009x posts ante [80]
Divey posts ante [80]
ulmiSK8 posts ante [80]
aquilex2799 posts ante [80]
likordani posts ante [80]
Z28_RoadRage posts ante [80]
nakamachidai posts ante [80]
amauter83 posts ante [80]
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Z28_RoadRage [ Qh Qc ]
Divey folds
ulmiSK8 folds
aquilex2799 raises [1,600]
likordani folds
Z28_RoadRage ?????????

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
shove all-in>>>>>>>>>>>call and see a flop>>>>>>>>>>fold and hope you cash

youregoodmate

youregoodmate

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Shove faster than life

Rldetheflop

Rldetheflop

Head Ranger
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am not really seeing the question here. Is this one of the times where villain flips AA/KK and now you are questioning the shove? You look down and see QQ when you are SS a big stack raises in front, you should be jumping up and down as you shove it in!!

Blobweird123

Blobweird123

CC's very own Dead Head
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am not really seeing the question here. Is this one of the times where villain flips AA/KK and now you are questioning the shove? You look down and see QQ when you are SS a big stack raises in front, you should be jumping up and down as you shove it in!!

Sounds like that kinda hand to me. Mash that AI button NOW! :ridinghor

z28_RoadRage

z28_RoadRage

Road Warrior
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A little more info and what I did...

First: I don't use PTracker or HEM so no HUD stats.

Villain was constantly raising by 2-3 BBlinds and battling seat 1, so his min raise made me stop from pushing as I normally would have. I decided to just cash and then go for broke.

Z28_RoadRage folds
nakamachidai folds
amauter83 folds
ununpent1um is all-In [12,702] Seat 1
lobao2009x folds
aquilex2799 folds I did think he had higher pockets and was enticing ununpent1un to do what he did, but was shocked at the fold by him.
ununpent1um does not show cards.
ununpent1um wins 16,222 chips

I went on to move up almost 50 spots and finished in 14th place.

Rldetheflop

Rldetheflop

Head Ranger
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A little more info and what I did...

First: I don't use PTracker or HEM so no HUD stats.

Villain was constantly raising by 2-3 BBlinds and battling seat 1, so his min raise made me stop from pushing as I normally would have. I decided to just cash and then go for broke.

Z28_RoadRage folds
nakamachidai folds
amauter83 folds
ununpent1um is all-In [12,702] Seat 1
lobao2009x folds
aquilex2799 folds I did think he had higher pockets and was enticing ununpent1un to do what he did, but was shocked at the fold by him.
ununpent1um does not show cards.
ununpent1um wins 16,222 chips

I went on to move up almost 50 spots and finished in 14th place.

If he folded then you can bet your ass its a hand you wanted to play against and he would probably be calling you unless he had total crap.

to bolded: Irrelevant to the hand analysis!! but good job and nice finish.

to red: You still think he was enticing a shove even though he folded to said shove?

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I could never fold in this spot.

If he'd raised & then ununpent1um shoved ('if' he was sitting in diff. spot).. I would still NEVER fold vs. two players in 'this' spot.

z28_RoadRage

z28_RoadRage

Road Warrior
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As I said, his min raise and what theses 2 were doing prior to this hand, I really thought he was enticing the other player and was shocked at the fold.

masondub

masondub

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
shove all-in>>>>>>>>>>>call and see a flop>>>>>>>>>>fold and hope you cash

Exactly this..

Shove it all in, close your eyes and hope for the best. You can only fold there if your a nit. If you win the hand you dont have to worry about bubbling and can possibly make a deep run, If you lose well than that SOB got lucky and better luck next time.

D

DeadlyAim

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm really good at short stack... I done it with one... chip infact... I'm confident enough to out last 10 players most tourney with one chip.

First there are two strategies do u want to cash or do u want to win? If u want to win going allin is a logical strategy. If u wanted to cash u should of sat out and got some coffee or something.

QQ... bully will raise with what A something like J, 10... or KJ, AK.... see the bad combos. Cause ur so close to the cash it pays to be patient... with that in mind. If he is bluffing and u shove he will fold... if u shove he calls with K10 or A9 u just set yourself up to lose... few people are stupid or ballsy enough to call with QJ and if u haven't identified such a player at ur table u don't deserve to cash.

Call, 1,600. 5K similiar stack reasonable. Flop... just think to ur self please no A or K and odds are 11/13 it won't be for each card.

This is were the call has power.

If u would of re-raised then u would of given ur hand away... but now if doesnt have shit he might try to bluff and bully the short stack and u can either trap slow play or allin like I would do.

Q-2 flop ur smiling... A, K pops up then u have to bet not a shove but min bet to see were ur at... more than likely than not a fast re-raise basically tells u to fold and a call tells u his fishing or trapping... not universal but generally speaking.

A 1.6K is telegraphing a pair or A or K so being cautious is wise...

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm really good at short stack... I done it with one... chip infact... I'm confident enough to out last 10 players most tourney with one chip.

First there are two strategies do u want to cash or do u want to win? If u want to win going allin is a logical strategy. If u wanted to cash u should of sat out and got some coffee or something.

QQ... bully will raise with what A something like J, 10... or KJ, AK.... see the bad combos. Cause ur so close to the cash it pays to be patient... with that in mind. If he is bluffing and u shove he will fold... if u shove he calls with K10 or A9 u just set yourself up to lose... few people are stupid or ballsy enough to call with QJ and if u haven't identified such a player at ur table u don't deserve to cash.

Call, 1,600. 5K similiar stack reasonable. Flop... just think to ur self please no A or K and odds are 11/13 it won't be for each card.

If u would of re-raised then u would of given ur hand away... but now if doesnt have shit he might try to bluff and bully the short stack and u can either trap slow play or allin like I would do.

Q-2 flop ur smiling... A, K pops up then u have to bet not a shove but min bet to see were ur at... more than likely than not a fast re-raise basically tells u to fold and a call tells u his fishing or trapping... not universal but generally speaking.

Not this.

Shove, fist pump. You should never, ever be playing MTT's to min-cash.

Rldetheflop

Rldetheflop

Head Ranger
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

NO NO NO!!!

flatting with less than 9 effective blinds is bad. Playing to min-cash is bad.

shoving is the only play here we are pretty good against big stacks range and we will be getting called by worse pretty often here.

S

Strateg4991

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you should call or raise, because he have low chances of KK or AA

N

nkrijeka

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
move number one was the sit on the timer until number 66 dropped out, then shove.

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think there's much question about it, shoving all in is the proper decision in this spot for sure. It's a good opportunity to go up against a worse hand and gain some much needed chips for the time after the bubble. If you want to make the money and you don't care about anything else, just click "sit out" or just fold everything. I would have shoved personally because I play to win the tournament, not just to make the money.