6-max: A7s in sb flops middle pair + flush draw

pocketelf0

pocketelf0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
SB with A7s blinds are 20/40. folds to button who 3x to 120. I flat with a7 BB calls. 3 way to a flop of 2 k 7 i have middle pair and a flush draw. i lead out on this board thinking its dry and hard to hit. I lead out half pot for like 200 he 3 bets me to 600.. I call. Turn is another K. i check he fires 900. I have 2k behind. What do you do here?

B

baxre

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its hard to say because you don't give details. When blinds is so low and you don't pay ante try to avoid playing like this. I would fold preflop.

pocketelf0

pocketelf0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You would fold A7o preflop to a button raise?

Goldog

Goldog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You really have no idea what he had. Pre-flop steal bet gives zero info on his cards, he's telling a story. You made one small attempt to wrestle it back and he Fired right back. tells you he wants this growing pot and you probably don't have a King. Of course call. We want to hear your story. He is just a bully yada yada ...I knew all those button a-holes were full of it...

B

baxre

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You would fold A7o preflop to a button raise?
In this phase of tournament, yes I would fold this hand.

About your play, on flop I would play reraise allin or fold.

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would gamble here and call.

Im not worried of trips and my outs are huge.

I would surely know on river if Im beat.

Delvuter

Delvuter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think we want to check the flop. We don't want to bet because a 3-bet inflates the pot not knowing where we are at, which is exactly what happens. If we check and someone bets we can see what our odds are and with a flush draw I am guessing the are good enough so call. If we hit our flush bet, bet, bet. All we are hoping for with A7 suited is a flush draw or two pair. And yeah, don't fold A7suited to a standard 3XBB BTN steal. Off suit I might sometimes, but I don't like other players to think they can push me around. Also, IMO a donk bet should be less than half pot, more like 1/3. Generally though, I think we don't want to bluff OOP, multi, not a good long term winning strategy. When multi the odds increase someone hit.

Goldog

Goldog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a good hand for study. Not call, raise or fold kind of thought, but thinking levels. Only a few rounds into a tourny. Button raise. A marginal hand. A flop with both value and substantial risk.

At this point in the game what's the right amount of risk/reward. Another aspect is the interaction between the two of you. Making a stand here (or being more passive) kind of sets a tone.

What is the best way to profit overall with this hand? Baxre may be right. At this point "Fold PF and wait for a better spot" is not bad thinking. Easy-peasy...Clearly he believes that for his style that's the correct line. This hand is textbook why he is right. Awkward stack sizes where you find yourself pot committed early.

Range of answers from FOLD Pre-Flop to All-In on the Flop. Some depends on some of the left out details. SNG? # of Players, $ Level. Your bankroll status and style.

This may be the first time there's been a chance for Button raise so no real info there. Has the guy been active and aggressive? Even if not, a good player (like me) would test the blind stealing waters here.

Post flop - Here you've got a bit of value and a lot of potential. Betting as you did is an option. But there are drawbacks. Push or fold to his flop raise. You're 49-51 behind against something like KJ. Almost a flip. A few surprises in the hand calculator. You're plus (51-48) against 88-QQ. Obviously there are hands that have you buried, but a good chance as well as some fold equity if you were to push here.

After the turn your chances go way down and you gotta fold unless you just need to call BS on his hand.

pocketelf0

pocketelf0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villian had the KJ. Thanks for all the feedback guys n girls :)

Delvuter

Delvuter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Did I miss the part where you tell us what you did? Did you get your flush?

MasterTur

MasterTur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only call A7s in the SB if i had info from the villaim.

If i have no info, and it's beggin of a tournament easy fold.

If you decide to see a flop, with this flop i would fold.

Full Flush Poker