$50 NLHE MTT: Should TT call this shove preflop?

S

SaltedPotato

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Online $50 MTT tourney with built in HUD that only shows VPIP %.

Early stages of MTT at level 3 with 10%BB ante.

Hero in UTG+1 with TT and effective stack of 48BB.

UTG is tight player with 3%VPIP out of 35 hands. He raises to 2.2BB and has effective stack of 19BB.

Hero calls 2.2BB with TT.

HJ is unknown player with no stats raises to 6.6BB.

CO is loose maniac with 64% VPIP who has been shoving pre 6-7 times in past 10 hands. He shoves for 110BB.

UTG folds.

What would you do if you were hero?

royalburrito24

royalburrito24

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It’s a bummer, but it is a clear fold.
HJ might be squeezing, but the UTG’s tight opening range is very strong. It would be a bad spot to squeeze, so I’m thinking HJ has something substantial here (99+, AQs, AKs) Iffff he’s capable of squeezing then you can throw in middle suited connectors and lower pairs into his range. It would be important to know HJ’s stack size in this situation.
As for the CO, he could have an underpair to your TT since he’s so loose and aggressive, but in this particular spot he could easily be showing up with the goods, using his table image to his advantage with the overshove.

D

Dtownie88

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It’s a bummer, but it is a clear fold.
HJ might be squeezing, but the UTG’s tight opening range is very strong. It would be a bad spot to squeeze, so I’m thinking HJ has something substantial here (99+, AQs, AKs) Iffff he’s capable of squeezing then you can throw in middle suited connectors and lower pairs into his range. It would be important to know HJ’s stack size in this situation.
As for the CO, he could have an underpair to your TT since he’s so loose and aggressive, but in this particular spot he could easily be showing up with the goods, using his table image to his advantage with the overshove.

I would fold, if they both call you're likely going to face a bunch of over cards and that's if you're not already toast against JJ-AA. You have more than enough blinds to not gamble in this spot.

S

SaltedPotato

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Would you guys like to speculate the ranges of the villains? Spoilers : I called. Hahah

B

bempassado

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Online $50 MTT tourney with built in HUD that only shows VPIP %.

Early stages of MTT at level 3 with 10%BB ante.

Hero in UTG+1 with TT and effective stack of 48BB.

UTG is tight player with 3%VPIP out of 35 Hands. He raises to 2.2BB and has effective stack of 19BB.

Hero calls 2.2BB with TT.

HJ is unknown player with no stats raises to 6.6BB.

CO is loose maniac with 64% VPIP who has been shoving pre 6-7 times in past 10 hands. He shoves for 110BB.

UTG folds.

What would you do if you were hero?

Thanks for posting by hand.

I would fold, because TT is a good hand to call a raise but not so good to go all in. in addition a player with 3% VPIP to raise, I would certainly put premium or AK hands in his range.
The was decided when the loose player moved all in, what had a good chance of happening is that you call his all in and get a re-raise shove from the tight player forcing you to fold your hand and still lose 20 BB. And another, as I understand it is at the beginning of the tournament, risking your hand in such an unnecessary shove is -ev in the long run.
This is my overview.

Nr98

Nr98

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on Villain. If he literally almost jams any 2, I'd happily ship it. We should do reasonably well against HJ's 3betting range.

However, if we don't have a solid read on Villain, it's fine to let it go and put the decision on HJ. Theoretically it's a fold for us ofcourse, but if we saw Villain jam hands like A3 etc in the past hands I think the call is quite profitable.