$5 NLHE MTT Rebuy: $$5 NLHE MTT Rebuy: AA v Flush Draw

BentleyBoy

BentleyBoy

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi guys. So Monday evening I was a an MTT with a $5 rebuy entry. The prize was a $50 ticket for the top three finishers.

Starting stacks were 3000 and blinds were at 40/20 after ten minutes play. We were both just over $3k chips.

I was in the button position and my opponent was in MP2.

He had raised preflop putting in $120 I re-raised putting in $300 and he called. Everyone else folded. There was $660 in the pot.

The flop came, 7c Kh 9h. He checked. I raised putting in $500. He went all in.

I would be interested to know what you guys would now do?

Thanks

BB

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would snap call that shove at a $5 tournament. There will be times when you're behind, but I think the vast majority of the time you will be ahead.

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it is a call... just good chance of bank vs his range. He know about our strong range, but i think his bluffs will got many equity vs our AA.

BentleyBoy

BentleyBoy

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its a good call i think as at this stage I am just about favourite to win.

Any other suggestions from anyone?

BB

V

Veritas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
do you have the Ah?
first of all I would raise bigger pre, at least 400.

Assuming he is 4beting AA KK and AK, I gave him a range of AQs-ATs A5s-A2s KQ KJ 99 77 we have 62% Equity without Ah; with Ah we have ~73%

so either way it's +EV; not sure About the 3bet calling range in a 5$ rebuy sat though :D

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am not loving this situation, but its not often, that I fold aces on the flop in a 3-bet pot for 100BB or less. Maybe if the flop is absolutely terrible like KQT, then I find a fold. Or if its multiway with absolutely crazy action.

But on K97 2-tone, there are not that many logical hands, you lose to. KK would usually 4-bet, so its pretty much 99, 77 and perhaps K9s or 97s, because your 3-bet was so small. But he can also have a bunch of draws, and maybe he does not always 4-bet AK, and then he can have that as well.

So I would reluctantly call this jam, and if he got you with two pair, then I would see this as a sign, I need to make my 3-bets bigger to cut down on his implied odds. A larger size also gives more fold equity, which you want, when you have the bluff part of your 3-betting range.

Full Flush Poker