$5 NLHE MTT: Playing A10s against big whale

N

NeoBandit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am in a tournament $2000 5 buyin i had A10s playing against a really loose aggressive player who had a vpip of 69 and had been playing lots of and and could have anything. blinds where 30-60 at this time and UTG+1 bets 180 he also is loose and aggressive so i raise to 420 fold to the bb he calls.UTG+1 raises to 1020 i call bb we go to the flop. 6h 3h ks great flop for me i now have a lush draw. I don't think these guy where helped by the flop they bluff a lot and take down pots by betting big we all check the flop I think this may have been a mistake checking this but not sure if i could have gotten anyone to fold flop comes 4h i now have the :nuts" flush bb checks UTG+1 bets 1560 of course i call bb raises to 3120 UTG+1 goes all in for 4046 I than go all in thinking i had the nuts for 13659 and bb goes all in too so this is a huge pot 32526 everyone shows UTG has AA which doesn't surprise but bb has 5h2h for the straight flush he was a luck box that night although he spewed his chips later on but he at one time had 3 times the amount of the 2nd place player behind him. What would you have done in this situation knowing that you where playing players that could have anything and where loose and aggressive would you have on all in too share with me your thoughts

T

tmfnsanders

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah never not getting it in with the nut flush vs that kind of action. You are losing to exactly 1 combo of hands. It's just unlucky he had it this time. I also would.t lead out on the flop, but I would probably just cold call preflop instead of 3betting.

5pAce_C0wb0y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your only losing to 52H or 57 Hearts so there is no way your folding the nut flush here. He got lucky hitting the 4H on the turn that's all. I think the check post flop was wrong you should of bet strongly here if you believed that the flop didn't help your opponents. Aces would of called but you may of made things too pricey for 52h to continue.

B

bronson

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in a hard place

You didn't play it wrong imo. The question to me is why he's going in with his hand when you raised it quite large. That happens way too often though.
I am in a tournament $2000 5 buyin i had A10s playing against a really loose aggressive player who had a vpip of 69 and had been playing lots of and and could have anything. blinds where 30-60 at this time and UTG+1 bets 180 he also is loose and aggressive so i raise to 420 fold to the bb he calls.UTG+1 raises to 1020 i call bb we go to the flop. 6h 3h ks great flop for me i now have a lush draw. I don't think these guy where helped by the flop they bluff a lot and take down pots by betting big we all check the flop I think this may have been a mistake checking this but not sure if i could have gotten anyone to fold flop comes 4h i now have the :nuts" flush bb checks UTG+1 bets 1560 of course i call bb raises to 3120 UTG+1 goes all in for 4046 I than go all in thinking i had the nuts for 13659 and bb goes all in too so this is a huge pot 32526 everyone shows UTG has AA which doesn't surprise but bb has 5h2h for the straight flush he was a luck box that night although he spewed his chips later on but he at one time had 3 times the amount of the 2nd place player behind him. What would you have done in this situation knowing that you where playing players that could have anything and where loose and aggressive would you have on all in too share with me your thoughts