$5 NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: AA facing overshove otr

vox1er

vox1er

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We are 2 or 3 spots from itm. No specific notes on villain.

BTN: 47,905
SB: 25,660
BB: 28,370 (vpip26 pfr17)
UTG: 55,430
Hero (MP): 26,560
CO: 33,642

6 players post ante of 120, SB posts SB 600, BB posts BB 1,200

Pre Flop: (pot: 2,520) Hero has A
club.gif
A
spade.gif

fold, Hero raises to 2,525, CO calls 2,525, fold, fold, BB calls 1,325

Flop: (8,895, 3 players) J
heart.gif
Q
club.gif
K
diamond.gif

BB checks, Hero checks, CO checks

Turn: (8,895, 3 players) 4
diamond.gif

BB bets 3,600, Hero calls 3,600, fold

River: (16,095, 2 players) J
club.gif

BB bets 22,125 and is all-in, Hero ?

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As much as it may suck, I think being so close to the money, that would be a fold. There are all kinds of full houses and straights that have you beaten there.

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
Would probably fold to such an over-bet even HU in both cash and tournaments without a read.

People rarely make this kind of bluffs or overvalue an King especially not in what started in a multi-way pot until the turn - and the flop is so super-wet and full of high cards that cold hit you.

Only if you have a read on the player that he often bluffs big on dangerous boards or are totally crazy would I consider calling.

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe he has a failed flush draw project.
I think the Kx would check or make a blocking bet, but no push.

You block AT, I don't know if T9 or Jx pushes here, I would think those hands want to get value.
I would have called.
Tell me what you did, I'm dying of curiosity.:D

Last edited:
SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If opponent very agressive yoy must call. But if he is tight, it is easy fold

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Skilled or not?

We are 2 or 3 spots from itm. No specific notes on villain.

BTN: 47,905
SB: 25,660
BB: 28,370 (vpip26 pfr17)
UTG: 55,430
Hero (MP): 26,560
CO: 33,642

6 players post ante of 120, SB posts SB 600, BB posts BB 1,200

Pre Flop: (pot: 2,520) Hero has A
club.gif
A
spade.gif

fold, Hero raises to 2,525, CO calls 2,525, fold, fold, BB calls 1,325

Flop: (8,895, 3 players) J
heart.gif
Q
club.gif
K
diamond.gif

BB checks, Hero checks, CO checks

Turn: (8,895, 3 players) 4
diamond.gif

BB bets 3,600, Hero calls 3,600, fold

River: (16,095, 2 players) J
club.gif

BB bets 22,125 and is all-in, Hero ?

Thank U 4 Posting.

Do you have notes on this villain? This is where a HUD without notes is of no help.

The data you want to be looking for is how does this villain bet in other situations?
Has the villain used situational bet sizing before? Ie squeezes.
Has the villain made bet sizing mistakes? Raising when short stacks were behind and then folding to their shoves?
Have you seen this villain make a play that you thought was skilled? Have they made other over bets in spots where you think it was wrong to do so?

We have to ask ourselves if villain is going for value why does villain expect us to call and not win? Does villain expect us to call with 1010 on the turn? Is villain skilled enough to think over bet make it look like a bluff as 1010 never calling anyway? So villain is targeting AK AA KQ AQ for max value?

No raise on turn might mean no set from you so a value bet with a boat or trips or straight is a good idea but why so large? Villain bet the flush card and the flush missed why would villain think you would fold AA AK KQ to a smaller value size?

Has this villain missed value before? Have you noticed this villain using skilled bet sizing?

Do you or have others been hero calling too often?

Why when folds are more likely 2-3 to ITM, does this villain think you will call that range for that sizing?

Does this villain think at this level? Have you seen signs of advanced thinking from this villain?

So just for clarity this villain could have AdJd and be shoving with no idea what would call them just hoping you brain fart and throw away your ITM finish with 1 pair on that board.
Or it could be AdQd please god let them fold.

Hope this helps

:):)

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You put the question mark in the wrong place. Most likely it was necessary to think after the flop. You easily lost 3,600 in the pot after receiving a blank card on the turn without receiving any information. If you bet them after the flop, you could find out how serious the player’s intentions are on the BB and it would be easier for you to make the right decision.:confused:

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ick. we are beating KQ now but we are losing to AT (which we block) and T9 and any J. for the size of the bet relative to the pot I think this is a fold. when we add the ICM bubble factor it pushes it even more towards a fold. I hate spots like these!

I just don't think KQ will go nuts now since any J beats them. so we basically only beat bluffs. it is my experience the player pool tends to underbluff in general, but especially for overbets.