K

KielBasaa

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 23/3/1.7

Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 23/3/1.7

I was playing a tournament yesterday was dealt KQ offsuit in middle position of this bounty builder. The blinds are 1,500/3,000 with a 300 dollar anti, I have $66727 chips and a 22 big blind stack. I open raise to 6,000, folds to the button who shoves for $44,350, he has an $18 bounty, there are about 17 people left in the tournament. What do you think about this spot? I honestly didn't know what to do, this call would be for most of my stack very close to the final table. It felt like too marginal a spot to but so much money in the pot. I can just fold and wait for better spots and still have a 20 BB stack. I decided to fold, but i was curious what you guys thought. I ended up winning the tournament later as well :proud:

Flight777sem

Flight777sem

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not enough information for us, i mean that decision depends on the table dynamic and your opponent. Sometimes it’s a call but if you’re not sure, keeping it tight and fold is better.

Ryan Laplante

Ryan Laplante

CardsChat Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on how much starting stack is, and how that ko converts to chip equity.

Can see it being a marginal fold, or call, or even an easy call.

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah agree with the above. We need more information specifically about the payouts, vs the KO value, but my instinct is that with typical payouts in a reasonable field size (more than 100 but < 1,000) that this would be a call off.

But with payouts we could figure it out much more clearly.

Folding in Poker