$5.50 NLHE MTT: What was the best option, C-bet or check, on this flop?

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello mates, Which do you think was the best option to make on this flop, with low cards, cbet or check.
Well, I decided to do check, but I don't know if it was the best option, what do you think of the line of the hand.

https://www.boomplayer.com/32219072_79C9D1FBE7

gl to all :D

Thank you for posting

Villain has all the sets 2 pairs flush draws and over pairs Also villain can bluff here easily as we could fold AA on turn card dependent

In tournaments we have to protect our chips

Hope this helps :):)

1player2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello mates, Which do you think was the best option to make on this flop, with low cards, cbet or check.
Well, I decided to do check, but I don't know if it was the best option, what do you think of the line of the hand.

https://www.boomplayer.com/32219072_79C9D1FBE7

gl to all :D

Thank you for your post. I personally like to lean towards a cbet. Opening from early position looks very strong so you could easily rep AA KK QQ JJ as well as AK. The cbet allows you to test your opponents strength or commitment to his hand. If the bb called and the flop went 3 ways I'd check. Good Luck

Good Luck To All:cool:

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Thank you for your post. I personally like to lean towards a cbet. Opening from early position looks very strong so you could easily rep AA KK QQ JJ as well as AK. The cbet allows you to test your opponents strength or commitment to his hand. If the bb called and the flop went 3 ways I'd check. Good Luck

Good Luck To All:cool:

What if he's aggressively defending & is apt to check-raise?

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would be checking in this spot not knowing anything about the opponent. The reason why I support the check is the board screams for a check raise on cards that hit villain's range way more than they hit your perceived range. This is one of those boards that if people are really on their toes they could check raise with any two cards and get a lot of folds from players in your position. Even if you had an over pair, C bet and then he check raised, are we loving life? Remember these types of spots when you are in the BB defending against a raise and these boards come up. You can make life hell for your opponent.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would be checking in this spot not knowing anything about the opponent. The reason why I support the check is the board screams for a check raise on cards that hit villain's range way more than they hit your perceived range. This is one of those boards that if people are really on their toes they could check raise with any two cards and get a lot of folds from players in your position. Even if you had an over pair, C bet and then he check raised, are we loving life? Remember these types of spots when you are in the BB defending against a raise and these boards come up. You can make life hell for your opponent.

Pretty much that. Check back, control the size of pot and use your hand as a bluff catcher on the turn. Or as in this case improve to TPTK and bet for value.