$5.50 NLHE MTT: Shortstack open allin, Cutoff cold call, Big Blind Hero with AKs?

neverbluff

neverbluff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
375/750 NL - Holdem - 8 players

Hero (BB): 44.1 BB
UTG: 201.75 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, hands: 3)
UTG+1: 13.39 BB (VPIP: 33.33, PFR: 33.33, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 3)
MP: 13.23 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: -, Hands: 1)
MP+1: 42.33 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 3)
CO: 62.91 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 3)
BTN: 241.97 BB (VPIP: 29.41, PFR: 5.88, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 17)
SB: 28.93 BB (VPIP: 33.33, PFR: 50.00, 3Bet Preflop: -, Hands: 3)

8 players post ante of 0.1 BB, SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 2.3 BB) Hero has A K

UTG raises to 2 BB, UTG+1 raises to 13.29 BB and is all-in, fold, fold, CO calls 13.29 BB, fold, fold, fold, Hero?

Really conflicted with what to do here. I'm not sure if the cutoff would fold to a 3bet allin, and if I call behind I'm risking almost a third of my stack in the hopes of flopping top pair or a draw

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
AK is one of the best hands you can play with, so this would be a call but the large stack size of UTG would make me tend to fold here, because you may very well be facing a jam or large reraise in response to your call. In this kind of situation, if you're not comfortable with exiting with your AK going bust, you're folding. There is not enough info on the villain's for stats due to low hand sample size.

NHequalsFU

NHequalsFU

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm 3bet jamming here.

+1

We are playing this had against unknowns so we have no reads on villains.

Our options are jam or fold. Flatting here would be terrible as your hands are tied post flop if you miss. Folding ain't an option but would be better than calling.

The 13BB jam is or should be super wide so we are looking to get it in vs a flat. These are the hands that make and break tournament runs. You will win some and lose some but here is the time to build a stack.

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think this is a clear jam, but idk why everyone seems to think this is such a fist pump spot... Yes these are unknowns and yes this is a small BI MTT, so we expect weak play, but even so, the action dictates some strong ranges here.

UTG opens. Let's give a pretty wide range of like AT+, KQ, KJ, 66+. This is likely best case scenario.

UTG+1 jams. Okay. He might actually be wider than UTG here because he's so short, but more often than not he ALSO has a fairly strong range.

CO cold calls with chips behind. He doesn't appear to care about isolating, but maybe he doesn't know he should be doing that with some hands, so let's say he's got AQ+, KQs, and 77+.

We are not smoking these ranges here with AK. It's still a jam because sometimes we get to put it in SUPER good against AQ and a small pair or AQ and AQ or something like that, and sometimes we get CO to fold hands like 77-99 and get it HU with dead money, but in reality this is not a fist pump.

UTG is still behind us and covers us and can have all the strongest hands, and he's never really calling with worse when we jam. MAYBE his call off range is like 99+/AQ+. But I think more likely it's TT+ or JJ+ and AK. CO is sometimes gonna be the type of player to raise and iso with like 88-QQ, but sand bag KK+.

These are all very real possibilities. So while I'm definitely getting it in here, I'd sort of be annoyed about it to be frank. Not fist pumping. Not excited. Annoyed.

Edit: Oh and btw if we jam it's a 4bet, not a 3bet. UTG opens, UTG+1 3bet jams, and CO calls. If we raise it's a 4bet.

Ryan Laplante

Ryan Laplante

CardsChat Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very happy 4bet jam.

omnom8

omnom8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
worst move can be call

if we have not information for fold ( oponent cold calls AA pre ) it is easy rereise allin

Galina

Galina

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion, the opinion here is to throw out, at the first position, a stack of 200bb, if it swaps, then what? (call, fold?)

Galina

Galina

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
neverbluff,
Now, if it was a knockout, then there would be no all-in-one unambiguous conversations):)