$5.50 NLHE MTT Rebuy: Running bad or a Mistake? Flopped 2pair 3way vs an AI and a call...

Theromeo2k

Theromeo2k

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
$5.50 NLHE MTT Rebuy: Running bad or a Mistake? Flopped 2pair 3way vs an AI and a call...

Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 32/14/3

WPN, 200/400 blinds, 50 ante No Limit Hold'em Tournament, 8 Players
Poker Tools by CardRunners - Hand Details

MP3: 25,590 (64 bb)
CO: 5,000 (12.5 bb)
BTN: 7,441 (18.6 bb)
SB: 4,870 (12.2 bb)
Hero (BB): 15,014 (37.5 bb)
UTG+2: 12,530 (31.3 bb)
MP1: 4,390 (11 bb)
MP2: 11,050 (27.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K
club4.gif
A
club4.gif

UTG+2 calls 400, MP1 raises to 4,340 and is all-in, MP2 folds, MP3 calls 4,340, 3 folds, Hero calls 3,940, UTG+2 folds

Flop: (14,020) 6
spade4.gif
A
heart4.gif
K
diamond4.gif
(3 players, 1 is all-in)
Hero checks, MP3 checks

Turn: (14,020) T
spade4.gif
(3 players, 1 is all-in)
Hero bets 4,400, MP3 raises to 21,200 and is all-in, Hero calls 6,224 and is all-in

River: (35,268) 3
club4.gif
(3 players, 3 are all-in)

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have played a bit differently:

Only shove preflop , its already 30% of your stack , pot already big and you OOP in postflop...

About postflop game , i am bet in flop and much around 50% of pot ( 7k or 8k ) , because its really big pot , and on this board hard bet for value in turn/river , because if he have Ax he call , if nothing only fold...

And in your hand only call in turn when villain shove , you have right pot odds and your stack around 10bb. Here we lose only vs straight and trips , but villain can shove with two pair or pair with flush draw and gutshot, so only call....

Last edited:
Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Absolutely 3-bet squeeze this preflop, gii here.
but since you didn't
Shove the flop, all sorts of Ax hands will call you and maybe even SDs
but since you didn't
Shove the turn
but since you didn't
Easy call on the river, your hand is so under repped

Theromeo2k

Theromeo2k

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have played a bit differently:

Only shove preflop , its already 30% of your stack , pot already big and you OOP in postflop...

About postflop game , i am bet in flop and much around 50% of pot ( 7k or 8k ) , because its really big pot , and on this board hard bet for value in turn/river , because if he have Ax he call , if nothing only fold...

And in your hand only call in turn when villain shove , you have right pot odds and your stack around 10bb. Here we lose only vs straight and trips , but villain can shove with two pair or pair with flush draw and gutshot, so only call....

I agree about shoving preflop. But, why donk lead into a weak opponent who's playing 31% of hands and push him out of the pot? He's either drawing dead, very thin or already has me beat with a flopped set (very very rare against this opponent). So I checked to him because he was the pfl aggressor and I expect him to Cbet with any A-rag that he usually opens preflop and a lot other weak pairs, since I don't expect these weak players to give any respect to the other ss that was already AI.

We can't obviously fold on the turn.

Absolutely 3-bet squeeze this preflop, gii here.
but since you didn't
Shove the flop, all sorts of Ax hands will call you and maybe even SDs
but since you didn't
Shove the turn
but since you didn't
Easy call on the river, your hand is so under repped

3bet is definitely an option and I thought about it for sure. However, this hand plays very well post flop and I was against a weak opponent who had a lot of chips, so I decided to just flat and give him rope to hand me his chips (as these guys usually do in these stakes).

Again, why shove the flop? Why? We have top two, it is VERY likely that our opponent may be drawing thin, and I don't think he'll call with JJ or QQ or A-rag that is not AT in this spot to my shove (especially since he had a lot of chips). On the other hand, if he has QQ, he may put pressure on me since he has BD straight draws possibilities to go with his big PP.

The turn is one I could've definitely shove since it brings str8 & FD draws outs. Once he re-raises us on the turn though, we obviously cannot fold.