$5.50 NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: Called a flop 2bet shove w/AQs

P

playmakerrrr

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 38/9/2

Just got shipped out of tourney, would you fold after his shove on the flop?. Few hands before he did the same on a 358 flop had A3s with a bfd but folded.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Just got shipped out of tourney, would you fold after his shove on the flop?. Few hands before he did the same on a 358 flop had A3s with a bfd but folded.

Thank you for posting

This V has a 9 for raising that suggests tight play when it matters

If we have skill advantage we want to play more hands vs our V’s not guess if our A high is good

Stack preservation is a key in tournament poker

Hope this helps

S

ssbn743

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Going to need some more information here...

P

playmakerrrr

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
@eetenor; not sure if I understood good, you think I should have folded his flop shove?
@ssbn743 you mean on that previous hand? I was SB wA3s he min raised from CO I called and I think I bet half or 1/3rd of the pot on that flop and he shoved

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
@eetenor; not sure if I understood good, you think I should have folded his flop shove?
@ssbn743 you mean on that previous hand? I was SB wA3s he min raised from CO I called and I think I bet half or 1/3rd of the pot on that flop and he shoved

Thank you for posting

Always ask yourself this question what would I do with a set? when considering leading bottom pair

The AQ hand we do not have to call with AQ if villain does not shove worse

Hope this helps