$5.50 NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: Unsure in this spot

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3k 6k blinds 500 ante. Hero in the sb with Ad10c and 25bb. Early position player all in with v short stack. folds to the previously active button 40+bb who min raises. I think a fold here is too nitty so I make the call. BB folds, flop comes Qc 7c 8c. Button c bets 18k I make the call turn brings a 10s and button sticks me all in. I have a pair and 4th nut flush draw hero? My thinking was he could easily have AQ with Ac, KQ with a Kc which are all beating me even J9 with Jc could be a possibility.are we fans of folding either pre or on the flop as I called to catch flush but could of been drawing dead even if I had hit

Last edited:

5pAce_C0wb0y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
3k 6k blinds 500 ante. Hero in the sb with Ad10c and 25bb. Early position player all in with v short stack. folds to the previously active button 40+bb who min raises. I think a fold here is too nitty so I make the call. BB folds, flop comes Qc 7c 8c. Button c bets 18k I make the call turn brings a 10s and button sticks me all in. I have a pair and 4th nut flush draw hero? My thinking was he could easily have AQ with Ac, KQ with a Kc which are all beating me even J9 with Jc could be a possibility.are we fans of folding either pre or on the flop as I called to catch flush but could of been drawing dead even if I had hit

Without exact pot sizes etc it's hard to make a judgement as much depends on pot odds and villians stats.

SirYivx

SirYivx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am mostly folding ATo in this spot due to the fact we are often dominated by the player all-in as well as the player min-raising over him. Sure sometimes we are ahead, but when we hit our Ace and face some heat we are going to have to fold.

On this flop vs a 3BB c-bet I think a call is fine but when Villain shoves turn it is a clear fold. He is repping the Ace or King of clubs with a pair, a set, a flopped flush, or a hand like KQ with no clubs and is denying equity for us to draw.

Z

zuker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
calling OOP is big mistake. Depend of BU its fold(default) or 4bet/push.

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah agree should have been a fold preflop. As the hand played out I folded the turn and the button shows AK no club and the early position player had nothing as he had less than half a BB remaining and was forced all in. Mainly here though I'm going to be beat although I would have won pot on this occasion can not be results orientated as I am beat a big amount of the time

S

skeptix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Considering position, I like just jamming preflop. As played preflop, I don't love any option. I guess check/call is fine but I'd also consider check/raise/fold if they jam. As played on flop, folding the turn seems better than calling, but again, I don't much like either.

Making the big jam out of position against an active in-position player will save you a lot of headaches like this situation.

gabpoker

gabpoker

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with the fold / jam options. I am probably folding to most players here without a lot of history.