$5.5 NLHE MTT: Bet sizing with draws, later street pairs.

D

D_godfather

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Interested in thoughts on bet sizing on the turn, but welcome thoughts regarding all streets. There is a hand copied below, but would be happy to hear general principles for those who wish to comment beyond the specifics of this one.

Thank you.

800/1600 Ante 200 NL - Holdem - 9 players

MP+1: 33.8 BB
MP+2: 92.2 BB
CO: 40.1 BB
BTN: 18.02 BB
SB: 88.27 BB
Hero (BB): 52.08 BB
UTG: 40.92 BB
UTG+1: 62.7 BB
MP: 31.25 BB

9 players post ante of 0.13 BB, SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 2.62 BB) Hero has Ts As
fold, fold, MP raises to 2.31 BB, MP+1 calls 2.31 BB, fold, CO calls 2.31 BB, fold, fold, Hero calls 1.31 BB

Flop : (10.87 BB, 4 players) 7c 3s 7s
Hero checks, MP checks, MP+1 checks, CO bets 3 BB, Hero calls 3 BB, fold, fold

Turn : (16.87 BB, 2 players) Ad
Hero bets 11 BB, fold

Hero wins 16.87 BB

toots babos

toots babos

ex-tornament grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Probably check turn to give them the chance to barrel with their bluffs, I think on the turn with your bet you're only really getting called with better hands and folding out all the hands that you beat.

If it did go check/check on the turn, go for value on the river.

Daniel72

Daniel72

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would have bet about half of the pot, maybe a little bit less. Maybe a check is also ok.

Your opponents dont have much (looks like), because you face a
check, another check and a weak bet (3BB in a 11 BB pot). Maybe this bettor has 22 or something and makes a try at the pot.

With the nut flush draw and the Ace you have not much to fear, but if you face resistance or big bets / raises on (turn or) river, you have to consider trips/full house.

A

atcj13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't see any reason to do anything but check here. Calling on the flop multiway with 2 players to act behind on this board is super strong. Plus by leading you are not allowing the opponent to continue with his bluffs. The hands he is likely leading the flop with are pairs, 7's, flush draws and bluffs. You are currently beating everything but a 7 or full house. By leading we are folding out only worse hands. Plus how many bad river cards are there for this hand? All of his draws, bluffs and pairs have at best 5% equity.

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, I agree that on the turn we can play check. The turn card help for hero and turn card probably is bad card for our opponent. So on the turn I play check and I want to see what opponent will do. If he will play check on the turn it means that turn card is bad for him and he probably afraid this ace. If he will play bet on the turn we have easy call, because our hand is too strong to fold. I'm advised on opponent's bet sizing. If he would decide play small bet on the turn, my read on him would be that he hasn't too strong hand, because with strong hand players on micro limit usually play bigger bets. GL :)

M

moshie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I under stand why others players would check, hope your opponent would bet. I bet your hand too. If he has a pair 88,99 He may call. If he has flush draw he will pay as well. I don't like giving up value for my hand.

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When we fire turn we are asking our opponent to play us perfectly...alot of what they are cbetting on the flop is better Ax combos and while the turn is a good card for us, it certainly isn't the greatest card in the deck. This is an EASY check/call street. Allow our villan to keep betting their bluffs and their underpairs for value. When we lead out here on the A turn we are forcing our villan to have strong Ax or better because our lead out here says we either have the A or the 7.

As I said - turn is a good card for us - not a GREAT card - check call turn all day long and evaluate rivers. Leading turn only causes better to call and worse to fold in most cases.

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
Preflop: call is standard, however raising small is ok too. So much dead money in the pot, raising is very tempting.

Flop: Call is standard, but again raising is fine too. In 2015-16, I was never calling on this type of boards, was playing just check-raise or fold. This strategy is still ok, but call is definitely fine.

Turn: I'm not going to analyze turn donk. It's so bad, that I lost iq by thinking about it.