$5.5 NLHE MTT: $5K: JJ in SB, HU on FT, LAG Villain flatted 3Bet PF, re-raises all-in on 662 flop?

RiverLord90

RiverLord90

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$5.5 NLHE MTT: $5K: JJ in SB, HU on FT, LAG Villain flatted 3Bet PF, re-raises all-in on 662 flop?

Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 28/21/22

Heads up on Final Table in $5k Monster. $5.5 buy-in. Villain is a LAG and has been super aggressive since we got to heads up.

NL Holdem $100000(BB)
HERO ($3328657) [VPIP: 22.6% | PFR: 16.2% | AGG: 29.2% | 3-Bet: 6.6% | Hands: 89171]
SB ($4911343) [VPIP: 27.8% | PFR: 20.5% | AGG: 21.9% | 3-Bet: 8.7% | Hands: 339]

Dealt to Hero: J J

SB Raises To $260000, HERO Raises To $510000, SB Calls $250000

Hero SPR on Flop: [2.76 effective]
Flop ($1020000): 6 6 2
HERO Bets $336600 (Rem. Stack: 2482057), SB Raises To $4401343 (allin)

HERO Calls $2482057 (allin)

Turn ($8240000): 6 6 2 2

River ($8240000): 6 6 2 2 A

SB shows: 4 6

SB wins: $6657314

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your 3-bet was to small. You offered him 3:1 and position on you, and this allowed him to profitably call with literally any two cards. Make it something like 90k here and hope, he will come over the top, so you can snap call him and hopefully get a big chip lead. A hand like 64o probably fold to a correctly sized 3-bet, and this is fine, because then you win.

As played postflop is somewhat gross, but with these stack sizes I dont think, you can fold a good overpair, and certainly not to a LAG. So the mistake was really preflop, and it was your sizing, that cost you the chance of winning this tournament.

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
crazy hand, villain is super LAG I would say, about the hand:
most of the time he will never had this 6 in their range, so, I would call this raise all - in too, he could had any Axh,Kxh,Qxh, maybe a set with 2, but overall is a good call, regardless of the negative outcome

RiverLord90

RiverLord90

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your 3-bet was to small. You offered him 3:1 and position on you, and this allowed him to profitably call with literally any two cards. Make it something like 90k here and hope, he will come over the top, so you can snap call him and hopefully get a big chip lead. A hand like 64o probably fold to a correctly sized 3-bet, and this is fine, because then you win.

As played postflop is somewhat gross, but with these stack sizes I dont think, you can fold a good overpair, and certainly not to a LAG. So the mistake was really preflop, and it was your sizing, that cost you the chance of winning this tournament.

I 3-betted light because I didn't want to scare him off the hand; I actually wanted him to call with the crap he did call with and possibly connect with the board lightly and donk shove his stack since he was playing like an aggro lagtard since we got to HU. Unfortunately, he connected a little too hard with the board and I assumed my overpairs were good. Although, I'm almost positive he would have made the same play with middle or top pair.

crazy hand, villain is super LAG I would say, about the hand:
most of the time he will never had this 6 in their range, so, I would call this raise all - in too, he could had any Axh,Kxh,Qxh, maybe a set with 2, but overall is a good call, regardless of the negative outcome

That's what I was thinking too but at the same time, he was betting/playing almost any two cards so I called knowing there was possibility of a 6 being in there.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I 3-betted light because I didn't want to scare him off the hand; I actually wanted him to call with the crap he did call with and possibly connect with the board lightly and donk shove his stack since he was playing like an aggro lagtard since we got to HU. Unfortunately, he connected a little too hard with the board and I assumed my overpairs were good. Although, I'm almost positive he would have made the same play with middle or top pair.

Whenever you make a bet with a hand, that can be drawn out on, your goal is to make your opponent fold or to make a mathematical mistake, if he continue. This also allow you to have bluffs in your range. When you make these cute little massage bets, you can never be bluffing. This makes you very easy to play against, and you give yourself less ways to win pots. Slowplaying is only a good strategy, when you have an absolute lock on a hand, like when you flop quads.

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First, as Fundiver says, 3-bet with larger sizing pre-flop.

At the flop, this is a very clear call for a few reasons:
  • You're getting good odds;
  • You're mainly just beat by a 6;
  • It's unlikely he has a 6 since there are two 6's on the flop and he'd probably flat or raise smaller also if he had one in his hand;
  • He's very LAG and could have lots of draws or air here.
I know he does show you a 6 here but I guarantee that this is a good call against his range in the long-term :)

moulan7

moulan7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with what others said.
Your 3bet size does exactly what you say, invites him to call with any two and here he was lucky enough to hit hard. He hopes that you hold a hand like the one you had.
You want to make him fold pre or make it expensive for him to see a flop when you have a decent holding.

I prefer a shove than a 3bet here but nothing to add about that, just saying.
As played I call too of course and hope that he doesn't have the world xD.

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, I agree with people here. In this situation I play 3bet pre flop at least 3,5x because he has bigger stack and we are out of position. For me it's too risky play smaller 3bet pre flop, because we give him to see cheaply the flop. As played - I think we can't fold our over pair on this flop. If he hit three of kind I said "too bad". It happens sometimes. Sometimes he shows something weak, worse pair than our pair or some combodraws to flush with straight and he decide play aggressively and put you on allin situation.

I

ibetmyho

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to raise larger pre flop.
On the flop its a just a cooler no way you can fold there.