$45 NLHE MTT: Live hand decision

K

kkonicke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This was a live hand so bear with me on the description. 7 handed, blinds were 1.5k, 3k

UTG - 100k
MP - 4.8k
SB(Hero) - 44k
BB - 20k

Hero gets dealt AJ off. UTG calls 3k, MP pushes allin for last 4.8k. What is Hero's best play here?

Some details, both MP and BB are extremely tight players. UTG is extremely loose and had been playing looser than normal. He was probably either limping or raising about 50-60% of pots at this point.

S

sirrupetot

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would just shove, u're probably way ahead of UTG junk.

SirYivx

SirYivx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Whats ICM here? You on the bubble? Just make the money? Everyone seems super short. We are gonna be ahead of the guy with 1 BB range and if UTG is loose..I think I'm jamming all-in here. AJ is a great hand to bust with if UTG wakes up with it. Obviously, there is a lot of info that is missing that could sway my decision, mainly ICM, but with only 14 BB and a broadway Ace I'm all-in here with the info given.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm jamming here all day

K

kkonicke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There were 14 players left at this point, money started at 7th. Most players had around 50-60k chips...but yes pretty short stacked all around, structure plays like a turbo. I did jam this spot and felt great about the decision at the time. UTG flipped up AQ(I seriously don't understand how he had this hand), and MP had 10s. My thought was to try and push the other 2 players out and play heads up with MP with 6k dead money and probably the best hand. Or UTG wacko calls with 10 9 or KJ something stupid and I'm way ahead. My only other option was to limp and play a small pot, but my chances of winning the hand lower drastically if I just call and go 4 way to the flop.

All of the above was my thought process in my decision. Appreciate the feedback.

S

skeptix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Going all in seems pretty standard to me.

Organize a Home Poker Game Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands