EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I am bringing back my how would you play it series, I haven't been that active lately because of work, but now I am taking my phone to work with me... Shush don't tell on me :p

$44 Bounty Builder NLHE 9 players

Villian (UTG): $3,410
Hero (CO): $4,940
Villain (BB): 3,514

Pre flop: (pot: $0.75) Hero has T J

UTG raises to $140, 3 folds Hero calls 140, BB calls $140

Flop: ($344, 3 players) A 9 8
BB checks UTG checks Hero bets $280, BB calls $280, UTG folds

Turn: ($1,114, 2 players) K
BB checks, Hero bets $680, BB calls $680

River: ($2,474, 2 players) 6
BB checks, Hero??

What would you do??

topcatbrazil

topcatbrazil

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fold.

An information that would be important in a case like this one would be if you have any hands that your opponent has played. If that wasnt the case it would be a judgement call, he was betting pre-flop, this may indicate that he has a hand. You have two high cards in the community cards A and K. I would have folded, this is a pot you cant be sure.

:ahhhhh:

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends what information they have of the villain.
For the size of the villains stack, I would have checked in flop, and bet two streets, turn and river.
I think it's the initial phase of the tournament, I wouldn't get into so much trouble.

As is the BB, I would try to take the pot, bluffing.
With the T you block stairs. you have a clover blocker, If the villain had AK AQ, he would have done 3bet.
The villain has 2414, and in pot there are 2474, you can push, and pray that the villain does not have an A with a low kicker, and that maybe he has something like 67, or a madman who called with second pair.:D

I don't know if my line is correct, what do others think?
gl :)

Last edited:
Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Interesting hand! First I'm not sure this method of putting the hand on the forum is working quite right. For example, the pot heading into the flop should be at least $420 I believe and it would be helpful to see the blinds and antes.

I would fold pre. The offsuit broadway hands are usually better to fold or sometimes 3-bet, but aren't quite strong enough to call. I really like your flop and turn aggression with this draw, great play on those streets. At the river, I would usually just give up. Your opponent is saying he likes his hand and wants to take it to showdown by calling twice, and I wouldn't try to get him off it on this blank card which doesn't change much. Also most draws at the flop have gotten there or at least paired.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I pretty much agree with Collin. However if this Villain is someone, who is able to fold, then this does seem like an ideal situation to put him to the test by going all in on the river. We have him covered, so he can not contend for our bounty. He has around a pot sized stack left, so he is getting bad pot odds.

We are telling a credible story, that we either flopped a big hand like a set, or we turned a flush. There are few missed draws, he can put us on. This is one of the worst hands, we can have. We have a flush blocker. So if we are ever going to bluff here, this seem like the perfect hand and situation to push all in and scream "fooooooldddd" into the screen in best Doug Polk fashion :D

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Interesting hand! First I'm not sure this method of putting the hand on the forum is working quite right. For example, the pot heading into the flop should be at least $420 I believe and it would be helpful to see the blinds and antes.

I would fold pre. The offsuit broadway hands are usually better to fold or sometimes 3-bet, but aren't quite strong enough to call. I really like your flop and turn aggression with this draw, great play on those streets. At the river, I would usually just give up. Your opponent is saying he likes his hand and wants to take it to showdown by calling twice, and I wouldn't try to get him off it on this blank card which doesn't change much. Also most draws at the flop have gotten there or at least paired.

Oooops I didn't notice I didn't add the BBs, my bad, and yes I have entered the wrong flop amount :D

$44 Bounty Builder NLHE 9 players
BB 35/70

Villian(UTG): $3,410
Hero (CO): $4,940
Villain (BB): 3,514

Pre flop:(pot: $0.75) Hero has T J

UTG raises to $140, 3 foldsHero calls 140, BB calls $140

Flop:($554, 3 players) A 9 8
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets $280, BB calls $280, UTG folds

Turn:($1,114, 2 players) K
BB checks, Hero bets $680, BB calls $680

River:($2,474, 2 players) 6
BB checks, Hero raises to $3,840, all in, BB folds

Last edited:
EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I pretty much agree with Collin. However if this Villain is someone, who is able to fold, then this does seem like an ideal situation to put him to the test by going all in on the river. We have him covered, so he can not contend for our bounty. He has around a pot sized stack left, so he is getting bad pot odds.

We are telling a credible story, that we either flopped a big hand like a set, or we turned a flush. There are few missed draws, he can put us on. This is one of the worst hands, we can have. We have a flush blocker. So if we are ever going to bluff here, this seem like the perfect hand and situation to push all in and scream "fooooooldddd" into the screen in best Doug Polk fashion :D

I love the Doug comment, fooooollddddd :D

A

Anglermeister

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice Bluff on the river and nice play. :) I think he would bet the flop with a Ace or a FD multiway on this drawing Board. Turn is very nice card to semi Bluff again and the river he can not call anymore.

He probaly had a pocket pair ( 1010+ ) or the 9.