$4.40 NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: what do you think about the line taken?

S

serna

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
https://replayer.runitup.com/hands/efbe150076 Hello! I was wondering if I should cbet on this board. Once I check, the villain barrel a lot with his J9,KJ, AJ , and some back door flushes( though we`ve blocked some of them and some of his values such as AQ, KQ,) he may turn some of his trash hand into bluff, so we definiltly call once, 4 on the turn doesnt change anything but to put backdoor flush draw, my plan was to call once more and fold on the river if not improved, what do you think about the line taken???

A

AJantwan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Since you raised first on the flop, I would have cbet. Especially since I consider that a good flop to cbet on. You have overcards, and chances are, he didn't hit. Not to mention that you were planning on calling either way. If you're going to put money in on the flop, why not do it with initiative? That way you have fold equity. By waiting and just calling, you forfeit fold equity.

Suppose you cbet and villian did hit the flop; he's either going to raise (at which point you fold and save money from not playing the turn), or he's going to call and then when you check on the turn, he'll bet, and you can fold. Either way, you save money.

So yes, cbet. And check on the turn (like you did). But don't call on the turn. What are you hoping for? There's a small chance you get a straight or an over pair, but you don't have the odds to call, in my opinion, even taking into account implied odds. Look at your chance of hitting something on the river (about 1 in 5), and then look at what you paid to see the river. The math doesn't work. You should have folded on the turn in my opinion.

X

xy23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
By checking, you pretty much told him that you caught nothing on the board, therefore allowing him to take lead and put you in difficult spots for 3 streets. Had you taken lead and cbet, then bet again on the turn, he would've most likely folded and you would've won the pot.

C

chiefmax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a board you should always be C-betting because it hits your range pretty strong. If you have a read on opponent that he is barreling with alot of junk i would maybe even check/raise the flop. I know thats not GTO but i like to mix that in there when the flop hits your range so strong vs an opponent that barrels junk every time you check to him. You end up putting in the same amount of money in the pot but you represent a very strong hand and get alot of fold equity.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you should Cbet the flop small. something like 275-325

S

serna

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you should Cbet the flop small. something like 275-325
Thanks for answer. my thinking process is that I dont have any backdoor flush draw and I have to check back a lot of turn even I have to check back any K,A and with A high I have show down value so I think it is good to check back what do you think about my thinking process?

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you play vs fish you must play value bet in this spot.

S

sirrupetot

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
U should c-bet this flop 1/3 PSB...

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for answer but the only hands that I can get value are aj,jk,... while he could have a lot of qx,10x,99, 88,.. that beat me

He calls with 86s... So his range is very big (T7s, A5s, 86s A9s etc). If you will play Cbet, you will value betting this hands or will see many folds. You`ve got A-high, so any of this situation is good for you.

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
Preflop, standard.

Flop, actually standard too. You don't want to bet with all of your gutshots, you want to check some, bet some, so that when J comes, you have straight in both ranges. However, to bet you should use AK with backdoors, since they have slightly more equity. You have a correct idea OP and that was a good check call. You also should slowplay and check some of your Qx hands to protect your range.

Turn is very interesting. Let's see what is your range: Some Qx, some Tx, pocket pairs, AK, AJ. When villain bets, you don't fold Q, you don't fold Tx and if you don't fold your gutshots, then what you fold? You are having here 0% fold, which can't be good. Villain is printing money by value betting here. On the other hand, if you fold all gutshots, that will make 26 combos. That might be little too much. You don't want to have AJ, because J blocks KJ and J9, so when you have AJ, that is easy fold. And then you can turn some of your AK hands into bluff, but not all of them, you will be overbluffing. So, what you should do is to bluff with AK hands that don't have clubs, because you want villain to have flush draw. So, this turn, check raise your slowplayed Qx and AK with no clubs. Fold AK with clubs. Call is the worst option.