$3 NLHE STT: Would've you fold this hand?

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First hand in a 9 players sng.

$10/$20 Blinds No Limit Holdem - ***
Tournament #79755762 $2.70 + $0.30 - Table #1 9 Max (real money)

Table Information
Seat: 1 hughypooey ($1500) Big Blind
Seat: 2 _gonefishin_ ($1500)
Seat: 3 molentje94 ($1500)
Seat: 4 seugirdor ($1500)
Seat: 5 adk99 ($1500)
Seat: 6 woolf24 ($1500)
Seat: 7 Hero ($1500)
Seat: 9 alik1971 ($1500) Dealer
Seat: 10 willyman69 ($1500) Small Blind
Dealt to Hero
AH.png
AC.png

Preflop (Pot:30)
_gonefishin_****FOLD
molentje94****FOLD
seugirdor****CALL $20
adk99****FOLD
woolf24****FOLD
Hero****RAISE $72
alik1971****FOLD
willyman69****FOLD
hughypooey****FOLD
seugirdor****CALL $52

Flop(Pot: $174)
9S.png
9D.png
3S.png

seugirdor****CHECK
Hero****BET $174
seugirdor****CALL $174

Turn(Pot: $522)
9S.png
9D.png
3S.png
4C.png

seugirdor****CHECK
Hero****BET $522
seugirdor****ALL-IN $1,254
Hero****ALL-IN $732

River(Pot: $3030)
9S.png
9D.png
3S.png
4C.png
2D.png

Will post the result later..

T

trent32la

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm folding.

Bet smaller on the flop and turn. Potting the flop/turn only allows you to get called by a tighter range aka hands that beat you in this particular spot.

I just can't see him shoving over your bet with many worse hands, and it's unlikely villain limped a mid-high pair and is shoving over when you put on this much resistance.

Dutchtegon

Dutchtegon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depands on the prior actions of my opponent. I would have played close to always if i had known that the opponent plays tight. And fold always if he is lose. but it is a hard one. That is always the big problem with AA

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pretty torn on this hand.

in general i would bet less on flop and turn and i would be far less invested in this hand and would fold, as played i really don't know how many worse hands there are that we're a decent way ahead of.

So it really depends alot on the general player tendancies since we have no reads. back when i played these games there would be enogh worse hands here that i could call without hesitation, but nowadays people have tightened up more and there's way more regs out there than there used to be, so it's likely a fold. that card does help some weird draws with Ax that he could have here... it makes it so tough to fold here since we invested so much, so i really don't know as played, you have very few good options really.

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It was a tough decision and I was tanking for a while contemplating a fold,but I did made the call after smelling something bit fishy about the villain move when looking at the middle pair on the paired board.

The decision to call was actually the right one lol,the villain however did tried to semi bluff with his flush draw by shoving the turn but at the end had failed miserably.

Showdown:
seugirdor SHOWS
AS.png
TS.png
Hero SHOWS
AH.png
AC.png
Hero**wins the pot: $3030

danndourado

danndourado

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well...
FLOP: Your bet was so high. I dont like to be commited so early in a pot.
TURN: When you bet pot again and the vilain raises you, you cantfold anymore. Too few chips behind to play, so you must go all in too.

I think this vilain is so weak and dont know how to play this game. Its a easy call to you. At least, its for me. Maybe in late game I could fold this, but I still feel unconfortable to spit it out against this clearly bluff.

detroitjunkie

detroitjunkie

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would never fold here, if you're beat then so be it, play another day. the chances he has a 9 are really low and no way in hell does he have a straight - at worst he has an under-pair to yours (maybe a boat but doesnt seem to fit the story all that well, and if he does then go and play another one), a bluff just seems more likely, and that is what poker is about; going with what is more likely the truth....good job

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands Folding in Poker