Hero (SB): 1,838 (15.3 bb)
BB: 3,162 (26.4 bb)
MP1: 2,395 (20 bb)
MP2: 2,174 (18.1 bb)
MP3: 1,024 (8.5 bb)
CO: 525 (4.4 bb)
BTN: 2,382 (19.9 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with :As: :Tc:
MP1 folds, MP2 calls 120, 2 folds, BTN calls 120, Hero raises to 1,823 and is all-in,

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depending on the opponents, I would shove any ace here

lilu80

lilu80

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Ofc correct. I play show here with any aces!

AntonEast

AntonEast

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It was correct to shove here. It's likely the opponents fold since they just called, and if they call you it's likely they have worse than you. You are in a position where you would like to get it all-in and this is a good situation to do it :)

mcgregor_415

mcgregor_415

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's a STT, probably Top 3 are paid. Your hand is not good enough for a shove. You are risking your entire tournament, just to get 3.5 BB if everybody is folding with one guy behind you. The smart play here is just call. You've got enough blinds to wait for better cards

G

Gerb

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a STT, probably Top 3 are paid. Your hand is not good enough for a shove. You are risking your entire tournament, just to get 3.5 BB if everybody is folding with one guy behind you. The smart play here is just call. You've got enough blinds to wait for better cards

Only 3.5BB?? 3.5 BB is almost a 25% increase to his stack. Its not a double up, but still, 25% is great. Pretty sure I shove here on 15BB every time.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Since the two previous flatted in order to see a chip flop it was a nice all in. Flatting most of the times indicates a mediocre hand! In small stakes a limp usually is weak. If you play at high stakes you can't really tell if you opponent does something tricky there with his monster. :)

N

ninoverm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Calling here oop is bleeding chips. It really is an easy shove. You shouldn't be playing weak because of ICM considerations if you're 5th/7. 3.5 BB is massive this undeep. Limps usually mean weakness in microstakes, which means the villains will either fold or call with a worse hand. And it's obviously a +EV spot against the random range of the BB.

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm interested in knowing if the two limpers here are limp calling any shoves. The problem with two limpers before you are you now have to get 3 folds to your shove. Table dynamics influence whether or not it's a profitable play. If action folded to you, the play is standard, but I'd be interested in MP1 and BTN stats here (VPIP-PFR) as well.

mbrenneman0

mbrenneman0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Only 3.5BB?? 3.5 BB is almost a 25% increase to his stack. Its not a double up, but still, 25% is great. Pretty sure I shove here on 15BB every time.

/thread

open shoving, no, but the two limpers infront make it a shove. unless you have some read that they limp with strong hands, but usually not the case

G

Gerb

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
/thread

open shoving, no, but the two limpers infront make it a shove. unless you have some read that they limp with strong hands, but usually not the case

Are you saying you'd raise (2x or whatever) instead of shove if folded to in the SB? As in, the hand is good enough that you want a call? I'm not questioning because i think you're wrong, just trying to learn.

alienat3d

alienat3d

easy-going alien grinder
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hmm.. Well it depends on who your limpers are. I would shove in one situation and fold in another. Honestly i think ATo is a good hand for squeeze and your position was worst. But as i said, i would like to have more information about opponents before i make such decision. If they both tight or loose and if they are tending to gamble. Some people would limp-call even some funky hands like KQ, KJ, QJ, J9s, some small or middle pairs. Or if MP2 was the whole time aggressive preflop and now he just limped, i also would ask me what that shall mean, probably a trap. And if i have such reads i would fold there. I don't want to gamble for my seat with a hand like ATo, i would like just take the blinds right away.

mbrenneman0

mbrenneman0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Are you saying you'd raise (2x or whatever) instead of shove if folded to in the SB? As in, the hand is good enough that you want a call? I'm not questioning because i think you're wrong, just trying to learn.

basically what alienat3d said. we're basically squeezing against two weak ranges (the two limpers). because of the SPR with the two limpers we need our whole stack to maximize fold equity... without the two limpers we have a better SPR and blind vs blind we can probably get a lot of folds from the bb with 2.5bb raise without risking our whole stack. theres also not as much reward without the limpers so we dont have to go after it so aggressivly. but also like alienat3d said you should be paying attention to these players, i imagine theyre limping a lot and either limp calling with a wide range that we're ahead of, or folding their whole limping range to a shove. but if youre paying attention and they give you a good reason to think they are limping with strong hands, like if this is the first time they limped in the game, then you should probably just fold pre... but without a read im assuming theyre weak...

i hope that made sense, if not i can try to clarify better

Omahahahaha

Omahahahaha

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Any reads or stats on the limpers in particular MP2? If they are fish limping weak hands then this should be very profitable. There is about a 97% chance that the big blind does not have you beat.