$3 NLHE MTT: $3 NLHE MTT: Villain check raises river. Are we ever ggood here?

A

awesome

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villain had been fairly active at the table but I find that river check raises are value more than 95% of the time, i.e 2 pair+

Villain raised 2.1x pre from MP. Hero 3bet 2.5x w QhQc from SB. Both V and H have 150BB.

Flop 4c 6s 3s

Hero bets 50% pot

Turn Js

Hero bets 50% pot

River 2h

Hero bets 50% pot (total bpot 86BB now)

V c/r 2.7x and total pot is 163bb and H needs to call 48BB

Good players would have enough missed flush draws in their range here but in the micros always crushed. Feedback welcome.

Seat 9 is the button
Seat 1: HERO (10689).
Seat 2: PhillKrills (31714).
Seat 3: bratishka88 (4119).
Seat 4: HuMbLEfiSH777 (12803).
Seat 5: MilkManMike (11686).
Seat 6: CashOutOnMe (11549).
Seat 7: harddisk (9925).
Seat 8: banh_mi_yummy (10318).
Seat 9: XMrSenseiX (8625).
Player HERO has small blind (30)
Player PhillKrills has big blind (60)
Player HERO received card: [Qh]
Player HERO received card: [Qc]
Player bratishka88 folds
Player HuMbLEfiSH777 folds
Player MilkManMike folds
Player CashOutOnMe folds
Player harddisk raises (145)
Player banh_mi_yummy folds
Player XMrSenseiX folds
Player HERO raises (370)
Player PhillKrills folds
Player harddisk calls (255)
*** FLOP ***: [4c 6s 3s]
Player HERO bets (430)
Player harddisk calls (430)
*** TURN ***: [4c 6s 3s] [Js]
Player HERO bets (860)
Player harddisk calls (860)
*** RIVER ***: [4c 6s 3s Js] [2h]
Player HERO bets (1720)
Player harddisk raises (4628)
Player HERO calls (2908)

jgreenman18

jgreenman18

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are you good probably not

I can really only think of one hand that would check raise you hear that you are beating and that is AJ and that would be a strange play from a loose opponent. This hand looks like a set to me even two pair is probably weaker part of his range this hand plays like 66 or maybe even jj just looks like a set trap. I guess it's possible with aces or kings but they would Prob reraise pre. With all the strength you showed here you are right this is probably never a bluff. I would fold and let it go despite all the pot odds as difficult it is. It's always hard to fold an overpair especially in a pot this big but you must let it go.

T

touchmytallalla

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bet 1/3 river and fold to agression good option

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You beat "Nada" on river, and that being said you still end up "Beating"? The only hand you beat here Is "AJ", where the A (Is a spade), other than that, really, nothing comes to mind.

I also don't understand the reason for betting turn+river? I mean their Is such a thing as "Pot Controlling"+"Bluff catching". Yet when you bet turn, you really are setting yourself up on the river for "uncomfortable spots".

I honestly see no purpose of betting turn but since you did, I seriously am never betting river at all. Yet this depends alot on the "player that you're playing". If the "Villain had been fairly active" as you're stating, than that Is more of a reason not to bet turn, and most certainly not bet river at all.

As played, I fold river for sure. I can see why you bet river as you want "Thin value" but their really Is no "Value" to be had come that river vs that player type

A

awesome

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
agreed. played poorly. I'm OK w the turn bet but the river is a bet fold or check call. Villain had K5s for the rivered straight.