$3.30 NLHE STT: Triple-up: call river shove with AA on this board?

Propane Goat

Propane Goat

Grinder and paint make me the welder I ain't
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Blinds and Antes are 0/10/20, this is the fourth hand of a Triple-up on Bovada so definitely no player reads at this point. However, I do know that people often get all fast and loose with mediocre hands in the first couple of levels of these and I often see them strike gold.
Hero ($1360) in MP with :ac4::ah4:.

Action folded to Hero, raises 3x to $60.

Hijack ($1270) calls, button calls, SB folds, BB calls. Pot size is $250.

Flop: :2h4::6d4::4d4:.

Hero bets pot size, $250.

Hijack calls, all others fold. Pot size $750.

Turn: :10h4:.

Hero bets $375.

Hijack calls. Pot size $1500.

River: :6h4:.

Hero checks.

Hijack goes all in ($585).

I was thinking villain probably had a PP, what I was concerned about at this point is that he may have flopped or turned a set since he kept calling and now has a FH. Maybe he kept calling with any two hearts and made a running flush, I've seen such ridiculousness on Bovada many times too where people play like there's no fold button on their screen and get paid off in the end. I didn't really think he had something like :5s4::3c4:, usually when people call and see a flop with rags it's because of pot odds pre-flop.

Would you call here? Also, was my bet on the flop too big?

M

matiusaa

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
at this point, you HAVE to call, you already commited yourself. If you wanted to take value from your AA you played it perfectly. If you didn't want to see a river you should push the turn. you hace to see that you have to call around 500 chips into a pot of 2500 and you have got an overpair. I think this is a must call, and I repeat you have already put more than half of the villians stack into the pot, so you HAVE to call

N

Nickwastaken

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Would you call here? Also, was my bet on the flop too big?

Normally i would say your bet was big but in this case not big enough if it left him lingering long enough to hit on the turn or river (or both)....

Did you call?? Is the real question :p

Jblocher1

Jblocher1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He doesn't shove river without a hand usually. I mean... Can he actually think he has FE? I doubt it. His range has trips in it, and rivered flushes.... Most of the time your beat. I would say this is a fold even though your getting like 4:1 on a call. I just don't think he ever shows up with worse here

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In river easy call, u have good odds what not fold top pair.
But u leak in turn, in turn i shove because in river can be a lot of cards that do not suitable me.

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you check the river, you're inviting the opponent to shove with his full range. If you're going to call, you should probably have put him in yourself, either on the turn or the river.

Propane Goat

Propane Goat

Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Thanks for your help everyone, I see that shoving the turn here would have been a better play, especially with two flush draws and a possible straight draw on the board. I guess I was a little gun-shy because of losing to fish calling pre-flop raises with trash and flopping the nuts.

I did call, (and I admit that it was a tilt call) and it turned out that villain had :as4::5c4: and was bluffing with a busted draw in the end, so I got lucky this time.

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The flop - I think that bet is a little too big, because every FD call you, so if you don't want to risk too much, better bet for about 1/2 pot, it will be the same function like pot size bet. The turn - bet should be obligatory, because usually we have the best hand, sometimes you can play all in to protect your AA, but you can lose value, opponent often fold when you play all in.
The river - I bet for a rest of my stack. When you check, the river isn't good card for our AA, but IMO better bet than to guess if opponent hit the flush. If he hit the flush on the river, I would be very angry, because of runner runner cards.

loafes

loafes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I probably shove turn to be honest. Any bet on the turn is pretty much going to pot commit you on the river and he probably still calls with a lot of draws and hands you beat. you're better off just shipping the turn that way you don't have any problems on the river Sine most of the time f he has a draw on the river and misses you lose value and if he hits the river you probably have to sigh pay him off.

Propane Goat

Propane Goat

Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Good point about becoming pot committed by betting the turn, might as well shove. I hate getting it all in only to see a complete fish flip over something like 53 or 64 but that's the risk we take.

My thinking at the time behind betting pot-size on the flop was because I got three callers, on a board with all low cards but kind of draw-heavy, to make people pay to chase which on Bovada they often do.

Possibly I should have bet 5BB or more pre, since having three others see a flop when holding AA is risky indeed. However, in the beginning levels, I sometimes see even a 10BB raise pre get multiple callers.

R

ravpl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think u bet too much on Flop (250) and on turn 375 is not enough on 750pot.
That looks like u be not sure your hand... You need raise more on turn or maybe go all if u decide to bet 250 on flop.