$3.30 NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: Shoul I cbet the flop?

S

serna

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
https://replayer.runitup.com/hands/4211085a84 should I c bet the flop?Villains bet on the turn seems pretty weird cause why should he bet the smal with his strong hands on such a drawy board?? he may also be betting small on the turn to give himself good odds to realize his flush equity. On the river, when he shoves, It is very polorized, Its either flush or two pair or king. What do you think about it?
what do you think about us calling on the river??
He doesnt have a lot of set in his range since he would have shoved KK and JJ preflop

K

kkonicke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK makes a decent amount of sense, though that hand could just jam preflop. Feels like either a missed draw, a flopped flush, or maybe KJ. Like you said, sets are unlikely. My gut is telling me this guy planned to check jam you on the flop with his flush draw...but you didn't bet so he lost the chance.

Alaercio da Rocha

Alaercio da Rocha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
A speculative hand like 56 suted that I planned to flop out of position I would enter tribet first. After a flop like this as I have more chips I would try a bet to see if he had a game. If you receive a call or bet bigger would fold quiet. I do not see the point in betting on this very dangerous board because there are several games that the villain may have.

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You must push flop with 100% of range. Other issue why you 3bet in this spot with this hand?

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Interesting hand! I'm trying to decide whether or not I like the 3bet preflop and I think I do. It's optional, we shouldn't do it every time but I think it's fine to mix in there....I like it better at deeper stacks but nearly 30bb deep I think it's just barely acceptable do 3b this like 10-15% of the time.

anyways the fun begins on the flop. this is a 3bet pot, we have position and the betting lead. I think that we can Cbet most of our range here...however the montone nature of the board is really tricky. if we bet something like half pot we are priced in to call his jam and we probably only have 6 outs or are drawing dead.

this is the problem with 3betting preflop off stacks this shallow....doesn't leave a ton of post flop maneuverability....still I think I like the 3bet but now I'm stumped how to play flop.

Having an open ender on this board is a decent bluffing candidate but I can't think of a good size where we can bet fold. if we bet tiny and then fold to his jam we haven't really accomplished much execpt opening the action and folding out all our equity. so I guess we check it back? it feels weird.

ok....now he leads tiny on turn lol. Gawd and we are getting direct odds to draw vs KJ even if we assume the clubs are dirty. so I guess we accept the EV he gave us with his bet sizing mistake and we call. feels dumb though.

River....nah we can't call. we only called turn because we were getting direct odds to draw at our open ender. we weren't trying to hit 1 small pair on a board where even the straight sometimes isn't good. good river fold.

all in all I think I like how you played this hand.

Last edited:
Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm thinking more about this preflop 3bet and going back to my fundamentals. the shallower the stacks the more blockers matter when choosing our light 3bets. so at 200bb deep 56s is a great 3bet and at 30bb deep hands like A7o, A8o, A9o, K7s make better 3bet bluffs as they have better blockers against the hands he might 4bet shove us with (or even just continue with because when we flop Top pair with one of those hands short stacked it is often good enough to go with....and that's not the case 200 bb deep we aren't looking to flop TP weak kicker and go with the hand...we want straights and flushes and that's why hands like 56s are so good to 3bet when really deep.