$3.30 NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: Weird spot on the flop with top pair J kicker

T

TheShek

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a spot I come across a lot. I'm playing very conservatively this morning, partly due to tiredness and partly because this game is not within the limits of my bankroll. I want to cash.

I raised AhJh off a 22bb stack from UTG. MP player min raises and there are three callers. Flop is AcTc6d. I check, MP who 3-bet also checks, and the button bets half pot. The button has me covered.

What would you do here? Do you go with this hand or wait to find a better spot? Again I have no HUD stats or reads on this player, so I can only really go by the preflop action to get a feel for his range.

I'm thinking either he has a set of 6's, AT, AK/AQ or a bunch of worse Aces than mine.

I just ran this through the odds Oracle, given villain the range of any Ace, 66, and a bunch of two pair combos. Adding in flush draws doesn't change anything, it's a very close spot, just about 50/50.

Does anyone see any flaws in my reasoning in analysing this hand? At the time I folded as I intuitively felt it was too close.

ZenGreen

ZenGreen

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im shoving over his bet or folding. with the BBs left, no sense playing it any other way. Im not calling but if I do call its with the intention of getting it all in on the turn. Just food for thought, AJs UTg with a raise 2 callers is not the best scenerio if youre looking to cash. If you wanted to cash FOLD PRE. If youre opening this hand you are not calling a min raise, you are shoving over that min raise pre.